Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 02, 2008, 06:50:15 PM
Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 02, 2008, 06:47:52 PM
Maybe Devin as Leeron?
Maybe.. That would also mean that Devin gets to live this time! :>
Hooray for Devin!

But he still doesn't get Viral/Abel. And does that mean that Xander bites it?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on October 02, 2008, 06:51:46 PM
Hooray for Devin!

I don't even know whom would Xander be yet. Any suggestions? I remember there was a bunch of pilots and some crew members of Chouginga who were named (though not  very important) characters. Xander could be one of them (and if he becomes one of the pilots, it would pretty much guarantee that he kicks the bucket).

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 02, 2008, 07:01:16 PM
Quote from: Jairus on October 02, 2008, 06:51:46 PM
Hooray for Devin!

I don't even know whom would Xander be yet. Any suggestions? I remember there was a bunch of pilots and some crew members of Chouginga who were named (though not  very important) characters. Xander could be one of them (and if he becomes one of the pilots, it would pretty much guarantee that he kicks the bucket).

Laugh at me all you like for this, but now I have the terrific mental image of Devin and Xander as Jougan and Barinbou.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 02, 2008, 08:47:37 PM
Laugh at me all you like for this, but now I have the terrific mental image of Devin and Xander as Jougan and Barinbou.
No. Just no.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 03, 2008, 09:36:18 AM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 02, 2008, 08:47:37 PM
No. Just no.

D-D-D-DEVIN!
X-X-XANDERBOU!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ren Gaulen

Ren Gaulen

I decided to take a small break from making DMFA/TTGL cross-over, and finish one of my other drawings - the Robot Fellow (who, thanks to Cogidubnus, even has a name now :3)!
First of all, Ascalon is a robot and not a human (or anything else) in a suit of armour. He belongs to the race of Anima Machina, sentient robots that were created by the Ancients countless aeons ago (then again, Anima Machina is so old that they can be considered the Ancients themselves). Currently Ascalon resides in the Realm of Karid, on the same world as Siegfried. So far Ascalon has acted as a mercenary working for humans and carrying out extermination missions against Demons, Chimerids and any other monsters that threaten humans. Ascalon utilises both highly advanced weapons and arcane arts. In fact, his sheer power would allow him fight an average dragon one on one and win.

Jairus

Very very awesome, Ren. Out of curiosity, do he and Ziggy ever meet?

I do have one minor complaint: the dark background makes it a little harder for him to stand out... or maybe I should get my eyes checked. It still looks really cool: it kind of looks like he's taking a job from the Creature Council or something, standing in a darkened room in the middle of the only (well, one of two, counting the Phoenix) source of lighting.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lady Buggery

Your latest one is teh sexy. It kinda reminds me of Justice from the Guilty Gear games. Nice coloring  :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Redwing X on October 03, 2008, 04:01:42 PM
It kinda reminds me of Justice from the Guilty Gear games. Nice coloring  :3
You make Ren happy. :3 Ascalon was intended to resemble Justice, but I was afraid that no-one would notice it.

Your latest one is teh sexy.
"Ascalon does not understand fleshling concepts like sexiness."

Quote from: Jairus on October 03, 2008, 03:58:34 PM
Very very awesome, Ren. Out of curiosity, do he and Ziggy ever meet?
Oh, of course. Ascalon than proceeds to demonstrate Ziggy that "Ascalon superior. Fleshling inferior."

Quote from: Jairus on October 03, 2008, 03:58:34 PM
..it kind of looks like he's taking a job from the Creature Council or something, standing in a darkened room in the middle of the only (well, one of two, counting the Phoenix) source of lighting.
..He made a hole in the floor of the Council Room. :.

techmaster-glitch

Not exactly my asthetic idea of a robot, but I'm reeeeally liking his 'personality' ;) We two could get along very well, yes we could... :mwaha

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 03, 2008, 04:14:01 PM
It kinda reminds me of Justice from the Guilty Gear games. Nice coloring  :3
You make Ren happy. :3 Ascalon was intended to resemble Justice, but I was afraid that no-one would notice it.

Your latest one is teh sexy.

Wanna find out big boy? ;) and yay for another rare Guilty Gear fan. I kick much butt with Millia. Though Testament is my favorite character by far. Gotta love the man-dress.

Tapewolf

Oh, cool... robotic armour!  That's not something I've seen done very often, though they did some pretty cool stuff with that idea in Dr. Who - Warrior's Gate.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 03, 2008, 04:14:01 PM

Does Ascalon always talk like a Khajiit?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Khajiit aren't the only ones who talk in third person, Tape :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 03, 2008, 04:20:33 PM
Khajiit aren't the only ones who talk in third person, Tape :P

True, but then again, robots like Fagor were never exactly a paragon of high intellect:

Fagor: "Fagor will kill each of you until Fagor is told where the murderers are."
ANGEL/1: "Fagor... those are service robots.  They cannot speak."
Fagor: "Voices!  Come out slowly and Fagor will kill you quickly.  Come out quickly and Fagor will kill you slowly."

Dammit, I must listen to that again.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Redwing X on October 03, 2008, 04:18:22 PM
Wanna find out big boy? ;)
"Ascalon demands a demonstration. For Knowledge!"

Gotta love the man-dress.
Siegfried: "I wear a man-dress too! :D" *trips on his sarong and falls*

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 03, 2008, 04:18:40 PM
Does Ascalon always talk like a Khajiit?
Ascalon talks in third person to confuse people and make them think that he is just a machine; he finds reaction of people amusing when he finally reveals that he is not what he was thought to be.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 03, 2008, 04:17:38 PM
Not exactly my asthetic idea of a robot, but I'm reeeeally liking his 'personality' ;) We two could get along very well, yes we could... :mwaha
"We shall now forge an alliance. For greater good!"

Lady Buggery

Hmm I could post a demonstration but that could get me banned for adult content in an area where child's eyes can see. But worry not, FA is plentiful in the ways of the naughty. I'm sure if he goes there he'll learn the ways of the sexy :3. As for the Sigfried reference, where is it from? the only Siggy I know is from Dominic Deegan and per my memory he doesn't wear a dress xD.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Redwing X on October 03, 2008, 04:48:32 PM
As for the Sigfried reference, where is it from? the only Siggy I know is from Dominic Deegan and per my memory he doesn't wear a dress xD.
It is one of my characters. :3 And he is absolutely Badabulous. For further details you may visit my FA gallery. :3

Janus Whitefurr

Wanna find out big boy? ;) and yay for another rare Guilty Gear fan. I kick much butt with Millia. Though Testament is my favorite character by far. Gotta love the man-dress.

Himitsu no Faust!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 03, 2008, 09:46:23 PM
Himitsu no Faust!
Aaaaagh, not the giant scalpel thing!! D:

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 03, 2008, 09:48:09 PM
Himitsu no Faust!

And now an interlude with Bridget and his yoyo.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 03, 2008, 11:01:32 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 03, 2008, 09:48:09 PM
Himitsu no Faust!

And now an interlude with Bridget and his yoyo.

Admiral Ackbar, save us all now...

Also, the color scheme is interesting and unexpected. Nicely done sir. *thumbs up*

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 03, 2008, 11:20:37 PM
Also, the color scheme is interesting and unexpected. Nicely done sir. *thumbs up*
I thought that making him all black would be boring. And making him red would be too cliche. Or vice versa. :3

Ren Gaulen

A new picture! Yay! :D This time it is a picture of our favourite doctor - Dr. Ink!

..Ink will heal you in your sleep..

WhiteFox

That is all around awesome, especially the tail and the coat and the tail in the wind. Not to mention I love everything about the head; ear placement, hair, and the face at that angle.

But... the wings! Gah... no offence, but wings really don't look like that. I suppose you could say that's just the style you draw them in, but style has it's limits...

Very awesome pic, tho.

By the way...
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Tapewolf

There's something about Ink that just disturbs me, but that's neither here nor there.

I like the way the wing is translucent, but I have to agree with Fox NaBan (or whatever he's calling himself this quarter :P ) that the wing structure is a little off.  I think what bugs me is the way they'd attach to his back coupled with the way they're spread out behind him - I'm convinced the next picture will be of him lying in a heap because he's overbalanced  >:3

The tail has a point like a sting - is that intentional?

The lightsourcing works well, I have to say.

techmaster-glitch

The wing looks like it's done in somewhat of the same style of Amber's to me, except it's just bigger. In fact, it looks almost exactly like the kind of wings my Mechangel character in the Honor Circle RP would have, since he doesn't have magic to help him fly.

Read: I don't see anything wrong... :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 11, 2008, 05:10:47 PM
The wing looks like it's done in somewhat of the same style of Amber's to me, except it's just bigger.
I'm not so concerned with the shape itself, it's more the proportions and the angle.  I don't think I've ever seen Amber do that - wings on her characters tend to either be folded up or stretched out sideways.  I'm not sure they can stretch backwards like that at all as she draws them, at least.

Ren Gaulen

First of all, there is only one wing you see - that should have already made you think that there is something special about it. Second, it is transparent, and you can't even see where it is attached. In fact, it may be a "Shades of Grey" conversion of Ink - then he would probably be an Angel, and "SoG" Angels have semi-immaterial wings. Third, the tip of the tail really looks too sharp. :.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 11, 2008, 05:24:39 PM
First of all, there is only one wing you see - that should have already made you think that there is something special about it.
Actually I was about to ask where the other one was  :rolleyes

QuoteSecond, it is transparent, and you can't even see where it is attached.
True, but you can extrapolate it easily enough.

QuoteIn fact, it may be a "Shades of Grey" conversion of Ink - then he would probably be an Angel, and "SoG" Angels have semi-immaterial wings.
Fair enough.