[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 01, 2008, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 03:47:07 PM
Awwwwww... poor Ren. Here's a shiny new sword to play with, if it'll help.
Yoink! >:]
Is that a good "yoink" or a bad "yoink"?

Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 03:47:07 PM
Oh dear. It may not match the epicness of a Bright Slap, but a Goddess Slap would probably have more power behind it.
She will deliver the Goddess Slap with an Angel Arm :B (watch "Trigun"; better yet, read "Trigun Maximum" - Angel Arm is much cooler there).
Why not two Angel Arms? Doesn't Knives do that at one point? (I have not watched or read Trigun, but I do know what you're talking about)
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 04:13:49 PM
That's merely a yoink that signifies that I have expropriated your sword. >:]

She will deliver the Goddess Slap with an Angel Arm :B (watch "Trigun"; better yet, read "Trigun Maximum" - Angel Arm is much cooler there).
Why not two Angel Arms? Doesn't Knives do that at one point? (I have not watched or read Trigun, but I do know what you're talking about)
Nah. That's too awkward for a slap. :B And yes, Knives did it in the anime. In manga he didn't seem to have that "cannon" thingie at all, instead manifesting lots of knives blades of different shapes and sizes.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 01, 2008, 04:42:41 PM
That's merely a yoink that signifies that I have expropriated your sword. >:]
So long as my fursona character gets a version of it, have fun.

Seriously, it's an okay sword?

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 01, 2008, 04:42:41 PM
Nah. That's too awkward for a slap. :B And yes, Knives did it in the anime. In manga he didn't seem to have that "cannon" thingie at all, instead manifesting lots of knives blades of different shapes and sizes.
Good point. On the other hand... either you have a long-ranged Angel Arm Cannon slap, or a short-range Angel Arm Blade slap... both of which are suitable epic. Heeheeheeheehee.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 04:46:45 PM

If they're both drawn to scale, that should be rather amusing  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 04:53:56 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 04:46:45 PM

If they're both drawn to scale, that should be rather amusing  >:3

Well, it's supposed to be a magitek broadsword for a six-foot-tall human... but I imagine that a kangaroo-rat could handle it as a greatsword or something of that nature.
The drawing is also only six inches long, which explains the low-quality of the details.

Tapewolf

Jairus

Brunhidden

that looks too much like the picture of my 3 year old daughter hr mothers sword. i nearly poop myself laughing making the comparison. someone said to her 'mah sword is too big' in 'rejected' style, and it works here too

also, i rather like the knight pic, is that supposed to be chain or scale maile?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jairus

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 01, 2008, 07:03:27 PM
that looks too much like the picture of my 3 year old daughter hr mothers sword. i nearly poop myself laughing making the comparison. someone said to her 'mah sword is too big' in 'rejected' style, and it works here too
... why do you allow your three year old daughter to play with swords?

Besides, there's a difference between Chibi Fursona Me and Real Fursona Me... which we will figure out as soon as I get a Real Fursona.

also, i rather like the knight pic, is that supposed to be chain or scale maile?
Scale armor.

Ren Gaulen

Time for more Ren!
When Azriel implanted a Daemon symbiont into Ren's body, Ren soon discovered that he had acquired an ability to transform into a Hell Knight - a very powerful Daemon capable of wiping out entire armies of mortals. Being trapped on a desolate planet overrun by Demons (altlings, not the true daemons) and being chased by his own replica created by Azriel, Ren found this new power very useful, but he overestimated his own ability to control his Daemon form, and eventually went on a power trip, just killing anything that dared to stand in his way. He even discarded his sword, thinking that it was now useless to him, since his own Aura Cutter could instantly destroy almost any living creature. A certain Divine named Tanaris proved him wrong, though..

Tanaris implanted an Angel Heart Core into Ren's body. For a while he lost his ability to transform into a Daemon along with most of his own powers. During this time he had a chance to see how much destruction and pain he had caused before. Rescued by the Demons he had been mercilessly killing before, Ren realized that for a while he had become that what he was fighting against. Deciding to avoid killing at all costs, he went to face his real enemies. But most of the Demons wanted his head now, and to get to the Gateway leading away from this planet Ren had to go through an entire army of them..

Jairus

Ooh... nice costume designs. I prefer Risen Ren's outfit, though. You've got a whole descent/ascent from darkness thing going here, always awesome. So, he's gonna have to kill an army of Demons to get home? Sounds like fun.

Daemon symbiont? Angel Heart Core? New terms to me, so I guess a little info would be nice, if possible.

Tapewolf

Cool.  Though I must say that Fallen Ren doesn't look particularly evil, just miserable.  Was that the intention, or just the way his expression came out?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 07:42:19 PM
Ooh... nice costume designs. I prefer Risen Ren's outfit, though.
Well, "Fallen" Ren's outfit is inspired by "Bleach", while "Risen" Ren's - by "Shadow Skill". Quite appropriately, too - "Fallen" Ren had a sort of a Bankai - transformation into a Daemon, while "Risen" Ren mostly foucht unarmed, but still carried his sword to use it when the time comes to face the Daemons of Mephistopheles.

So, he's gonna have to kill an army of Demons to get home? Sounds like fun.
Nah. More like he's gonna beat five hundred Demon warriors led by three especially strong fighters into a near-death state (but due to their natural ability for revival and regeneration they all would survive it). Well, one of the three generals leading that army wanted to avenge the death of his beloved one whom Ren killed during his "Fallen" stage, and when he saw that no-one could stop Ren, he used a suicidal technique "Death of the Phoenix" that used the Sphere of Fire and was supposed to cause an explosion powerful enough to obliterate everything within a mile radius. Ren had no choice but to use the "Celestial Flame" to stop his attack, killing the Demon (and thus defeating Fire with Fire (not really, as "Celestial Flame" is from the Sphere of Light, not Fire, but still..)).

Daemon symbiont?
A symbiotic Swarm Daemon that is implanted into the body of a mortal creature, transforming it into a daemon. Needs a Daemon Heart Core to sustain it, without it eventually devours it's carrier from inside. However, Azri never had a chance to implant the Heart Core, and Ren turned out to be able to produce enough power to support the symbiont without it.

Angel Heart Core?
Heart Core (whether an Angel (Divine) or a Daemon) is a power source and a core of a Netherworlders' physical bodies, and also a beacon that lets their Astral bodies access the Material plane. The difference between Angel and Daemon HC's is that Angel ones are completely self-sufficient, while Daemon ones are bound to their creator (one of the Gods of the Abyss) and can be controlled by him or his direct subordinates (should Azriel successfully convert Ren, he would have been bound to Mephistopheles and controlled by Azri himself - that was Azri's plan, at least). Heart Cores are nearly indestructible, and as long as they are intact the Daemon will just keep ressurecting. It is possble to banish a Daemon back to the Nether plane though (and trust me - it is much easier than trying to destroy the Heart Core). However, if you manage to destroy it somehow, the Daemon will loose its contact with the material plane completely - until its Heart Core is restored by Hell itself. With Angels it works exactly the same way.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2008, 08:17:17 PM
Cool.  Though I must say that Fallen Ren doesn't look particularly evil, just miserable.  Was that the intention, or just the way his expression came out?
Yep.. There's something wrong with his expression.. :[ Maybe his symbiont is giving him a hell of a headache?

Jairus

So, in short, lot's of really neat information and a few moments of badass and awesome for Ren. I would accuse him of being a Gary Stu, but I actually like this guy and think that he's sufficiently awesome to counteract my suspicions. He's a keeper!

Mao

Risen Ren looks like he's wearing a harness used when rock climbing.  That doesn't look comfortable to me.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Jairus on September 01, 2008, 07:06:59 PM
... why do you allow your three year old daughter to play with swords?
1- because it goes well with her hair
2- because my sperm is full of awesome
3- because the world needs more warrior princesses that are badass
4- because pedophiles had it coming
5- because shes good at it
6- just look and compare

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 01, 2008, 08:40:26 PM
Daemon symbiont?
A symbiotic Swarm Daemon that is implanted into the body of a mortal creature, transforming it into a daemon. Needs a Daemon Heart Core to sustain it, without it eventually devours it's carrier from inside. However, Azri never had a chance to implant the Heart Core, and Ren turned out to be able to produce enough power to support the symbiont without it.

suddenly the line "..And then Brunhidden was daemons." makes more sense, but thats a whole lot of us talking to ourselves

i agree with the rock climbing notion, the crotch straps really do look like rock climbing gear, it brings unusual emphasis on the area due to a lack of other straps. it has a further effect of me noticing for the first time how little his chest sticks out, his hips project forward more.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ren Gaulen

More chibi Ren ahead! Watch out!
Ren does a parody of Byakuya Kushiki (from "Bleach") and Zengar Zonvolt (from "Super Robot Wars") at once! While it looks very similar to Byakuya's Bankai, "Senbonzakura", it is actually used to transform Ren's normal sword into the mighty Zankanto, which he then uses to thoroughly Cleave and Smite Evil. >:3

What is "Tatsumaki Zankanto", you ask? Well, rather than trying to explain it, I'll just give you a link to this video.

Jairus

Awwwww... such a cute little smiter of evil!

Okay, in all seriousness, awesomeness once again abounds in your images. Is the horse a part of the bankai, or does he exist for the sake of pulling off the image? And I was going to complain about the background for the first image, and then I remembered that Senbonzakura Kageyoshi is activated in a completely black space. Silly me!

I'm almost afraid to ask what you're going to do next...

Zedd

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 02:39:48 PM
Is the horse a part of the bankai, or does he exist for the sake of pulling off the image?
No, the "Bankai" is needed only for the creation of Zankanto (yeah, Ren does it in a more spectaculer way than Zengar >:3). The horse is a chibi version of the cyborg horses ridden by the Furies.

It won't exactly be the next picture, but I'm planning to do the "Erupting Burning Finger". Taken a bit too literally (concerning the "Finger" and the "Burning" parts, at least >:3).

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 02:47:46 PM
Is the horse a part of the bankai, or does he exist for the sake of pulling off the image?
No, the "Bankai" is needed only for the creation of Zankanto (yeah, Ren does it in a more spectaculer way than Zengar >:3). The horse is a chibi version of the cyborg horses ridden by the Furies.
So Furies have cyborg horses too? Let's see... I imagine that they can fly, fire eye beams, breathe fire, and shoot a lance-like beam of power from their forehead.

It won't exactly be the next picture, but I'm planning to do the "Erupting Burning Finger". Taken a bit too literally (concerning the "Finger" and the "Burning" parts, at least >:3).
Oh great... someone's going to get a finishing move, and it's going to burn their hand off. I'm going to go hide until after this picture is done.

Tapewolf

It was a cyborg horse?  Awesome!  What are the enhancements, and can they do over normal horses?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 02:50:45 PM
So Furies have cyborg horses too? Let's see... I imagine that they can fly, fire eye beams, breath fire, and shoot a lance-like beam of power from their forehead.
Who, Furies? :erk ..Heh, just kidding.. :3 OK, lets see: their horses can fly (or just jump helluva far); they have nothing like eye lasers, but their vision is highly enhanced; sadly, they cannot breathe fire, but they are also fireproof; what ever made you think they shoot lance-like beams of power from their forehead? Unicorns do that, not Metal Steeds! BTW, that is what they are commonly called.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2008, 02:54:14 PM
It was a cyborg horse?  Awesome!  What are the enhancements, and can they do over normal horses?
They are genetically altered artificially created horses (so they are born in lab tanks). They are as much superior to regular horses as Furies to humans. Unlike Furies, though, Metal Steeds are more machines than living beings.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 02:50:45 PM
So Furies have cyborg horses too? Let's see... I imagine that they can fly, fire eye beams, breath fire, and shoot a lance-like beam of power from their forehead.
Who, Furies? :erk ..Heh, just kidding.. :3 OK, lets see: their horses can fly (or just jump helluva far); they have nothing like eye lasers, but their vision is highly enhanced; sadly, they cannot breathe fire, but they are also fireproof; what ever made you think they shoot lance-like beams of power from their forehead? Unicorns do that, not Metal Steeds! BTW, that is what they are commonly called.
Oh come on... you know that you want a battalion of Furies riding into battle atop their Metal Steeds, and they begin to fire their forehead beam and their enemies all think "Oh how cute, it's unicorn power!" and then the beam is fired and it tears through the enemy forces like a hot knife through soft butter...

Ehehehem...

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 03:03:30 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2008, 02:54:14 PM
They are genetically altered artificially created horses (so they are born in lab tanks). They are as much superior to regular horses as Furies to humans. Unlike Furies, though, Metal Steeds are more machines than living beings.
Interesting... so are these the fabled fantasy horses that never get tired and never drop dead from exhaustion?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 03:16:39 PM
Oh come on... you know that you want a battalion of Furies riding into battle atop their Metal Steeds, and they begin to fire their forehead beam and their enemies all think "Oh how cute, it's unicorn power!" and then the beam is fired and it tears through the enemy forces like a hot knife through soft butter...
I have already said, Power Lances are used by the Unicorns. >:3 Metal Steeds still can kick or bite in close combat, though.

Interesting... so are these the fabled fantasy horses that never get tired and never drop dead from exhaustion?
Kinda like that. In fact, nothing short of an anti-tank round can make them just drop dead. >:3

Tapewolf

Now I'm curious.  Are you planning to do a non-chibi example of the horses?

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on September 03, 2008, 03:22:48 PM
I have already said, Power Lances are used by the Unicorns. >:3 Metal Steeds still can kick or bite in close combat, though.
Wait... so do people use Unicorns in battle, or is a Unicorn (with a capital letter) just another model of Metal Steed? I'm confused.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2008, 03:24:06 PM
Now I'm curious.  Are you planning to do a non-chibi example of the horses?
Probably yes. But I'm not too good at drawing horses, so it'll have to wait. :[

Quote from: Jairus on September 03, 2008, 03:26:07 PM
Wait... so do people use Unicorns in battle, or is a Unicorn (with a capital letter) just another model of Metal Steed? I'm confused.
Unicorns are similar to usual fantasy unicorns. They were bred by elves as a combat mount. Sadly, unlike Metal Steeds, they are almost useless in big battles where bullets, missiles, laser beams and plasma blasts fly around. But that is in the Realm of Luminosity. In the Karid they are quite popular. But they aren't exactly widely spread.

Ren Gaulen

Zedd was asking me to draw her for a long time now, and finally I have gotten around to do it. Behold!
Another character within the "SoG" universe who was created by Zedd (the previous one was Core), Geen was a member of a Demon clan residing in Lum rather than in the Karid. Forced to leave her clan, she quickly became an outlaw. Federal Space Police was chasing her from one planet to another, but being a demon Geen had her ways of eluding the pursuers. However, her luck had run out when she was encountered by a certain knight of the Asheronian Order (whom you all know well :3). They fought, and the knight won (it was he who left a scar on her face). However, instead of killing Geen, he insisted that she should be given a chance to redeem herself. And Geen was made a Special Agent of the FSP, hunting other Altling outlaws whom regular cops couldn't handle, just like they couldn't handle Geen before. A rebel at heart, Geen was not happy with that at all, but the alternative was not pleasant..

Zedd

She least has her heath and that's what should really matter of course and excellent job on her with her star blades, She will make sure all must uphold to the law!  :3