[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Shadrok on August 20, 2008, 10:06:18 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 20, 2008, 08:13:56 PM
Har har har. You know, I've heard that song used in a bunch of YouTube videos (including an Eva one that had Asuka dancing to it) but I've never figured out what show it's from. It sounds like something from Spongebob, to be honest.

The "You are a pirate" song is from a kids show called "Lazy Town".

Here's the clip it's from.

Oh... thank you. That clears up one little mystery. Now I need to bleach the images of that show from my mind. :erk
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 20, 2008, 10:12:22 PM
Oh... thank you. That clears up one little mystery. Now I need to bleach the images of that show from my mind. :erk
Cleave them with the Sword That Cleaves Unpleasantness!

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 20, 2008, 10:13:51 PM
Cleave them with the Sword That Cleaves Unpleasantness!

No worries... I have gazed at an image of suitable awesomeness to purge the evil from my mind.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 20, 2008, 10:15:17 PM
No worries... I have gazed at an image of suitable awesomeness to purge the evil from my mind.
Are they performing an "Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken"?! Because we sure do! >:D
For those who does not know, "Erupting Burning Sekiha Tenkyoken" was a trademark superattack of Domon Kasshu from "G Gundam", while "Hell and Heaven" is a trademark superattack of Guy Shishio from "GaoGaiGar". Though the thing above looks more like "Sekiha Tenkyoken"..

Zedd

Tape and Shaddy..You are both right, That's a cute combo you both have and to answer the question about my hair..I don't think I will let anyone get that inch or close to my hair anyhow

Ren Gaulen

..Apparently, "Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken" was to awesome for words.. :.
I don't know if anyone still remembers it, but when I started posting these chibies, someone suggested that I should chibify llearch. So, behold!
I hope I did him justice.. :3

Mao

Indeed you did Ren.  Indeed you did!   :eager

He's much cuter with his flaps taped shut. *flees incoming punishment*

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadrok on August 20, 2008, 10:06:18 PM
The "You are a pirate" song is from a kids show called "Lazy Town".

Here's the clip it's from.

Use tubgirl. Or goatse. Personally, I prefer "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", but I would...

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 21, 2008, 08:39:10 AM
I hope I did him justice.. :3

... Is all that black totally necessary?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

And now I'll just go ahead and strike a Kamina pose, causing a huge explosion by my sheer awesomeness! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? >:D
In my comic project Ren will actually play a role similar to Kamina's, so at some point he will probably deliver some kind of a "Don't believe in yourself, Simon! Believe in me who believes in you!" speech to Joshua. Of course, it means that later he will also have to deliver a "Don't believe in me, who believes in you.. Believe in yourself, Simon" speech to him...

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 21, 2008, 09:12:33 AM
What's the red glow, out of interest?

Purest evil, contained and concentrated like a cute adorable little Pandora's Box.

As for Ren Kamina...

Damn. I would say it's a little over the top, but since that's the Gurren Lagann way I think I'll let it slide. Are you going to have him leap across interdimensional barriers to deliver a Bright Slap of epic proportions?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 21, 2008, 10:27:42 AM
As for Ren Kamina...

Damn. I would say it's a little over the top, but since that's the Gurren Lagann way I think I'll let it slide. Are you going to have him leap across interdimensional barriers to deliver a Bright Slap of epic proportions?
Breaking interdimensional barriers is Simon's Joshua's prerogative, and Bright Slapping different characters out of angsting/moping/screwing around is Keaton's prerogative. Ren is more of a Kamina/Kittan fusion with a side serving of Ryoma Nagare, anyway. But since he is piloting a mech which is nothing short of an Evangelion and can shoot dragon-shaped homing fireballs out of its hands, Ren will have his epic moments too. Probably culminating in him, alone, taking on a bunch of Xanzanko's Praetorians while delivering the "Believe in yourself speech". Or without any speech at all.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 21, 2008, 10:38:54 AM
Breaking interdimensional barriers is Simon's Joshua's prerogative, and Bright Slapping different characters out of angsting/moping/screwing around is Keaton's prerogative.
So you're going to have two people work in conjunction to deliver said Bright Slap? Just kidding.

Ren is more of a Kamina/Kittan fusion with a side serving of Ryoma Nagare, anyway. But since he is piloting a mech which is nothing short of an Evangelion and can shoot dragon-shaped homing fireballs out of its hands, Ren will have his epic moments too. Probably culminating in him, alone, taking on a bunch of Xanzanko's Praetorians while delivering the "Believe in yourself speech". Or without any speech at all.
I think not having a speech would be slightly more badass. But that's mainly because all I think that a swordsman need say to the army come to kill him is "Surrender or die." Followed up by them not surrendering...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 21, 2008, 10:43:55 AM
Breaking interdimensional barriers is Simon's Joshua's prerogative, and Bright Slapping different characters out of angsting/moping/screwing around is Keaton's prerogative.
So you're going to have two people work in conjunction to deliver said Bright Slap?
Yes. Yes, I am.

Ren is more of a Kamina/Kittan fusion with a side serving of Ryoma Nagare, anyway. But since he is piloting a mech which is nothing short of an Evangelion and can shoot dragon-shaped homing fireballs out of its hands, Ren will have his epic moments too. Probably culminating in him, alone, taking on a bunch of Xanzanko's Praetorians while delivering the "Believe in yourself speech". Or without any speech at all.
I think not having a speech would be slightly more badass. But that's mainly because all I think that a swordsman need say to the army come to kill him is "Surrender or die." Followed up by them not surrendering...
I forgot to mention that even one Dark Rider Praetorian (like Krass the Battle Master or Passar the Master of Infinite Blade) is more than capable of taking out a whole army on his own. Going off to face a dozen of these guys is..

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 21, 2008, 10:51:14 AM
I forgot to mention that even one Dark Rider Praetorian (like Krass the Battle Master or Passar the Master of Infinite Blade) is more than capable of taking out a whole army on his own. Going off to face a dozen of these guys is..
... awesome. Hopefully he doesn't get stabbed through the head and eaten...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 21, 2008, 10:52:35 AM
... awesome. Hopefully he doesn't get stabbed through the head and eaten...
No. Not through the head.

Quote from: Jairus on August 21, 2008, 10:52:35 AM
...eaten...
Where did that come fro... ooooh, shi-!!

Tapewolf

It's given me an awesome idea, though.

Personally I think the mushroom cloud is overkill.  Also, I forgot to mention that I like the clothing design in the earlier Ren/Jairus picture.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 21, 2008, 10:59:31 AM
It's given me an awesome idea, though.
It gets better... the reinforcements for that army come up shortly after he's done fighting the first army (and not killing the last soldier because he surrendered and threw down his weapons) and see him sitting on a rock in the middle of a battlefield surrounded by dead (and one living) soldiers. He stands up, looks at them, and then switches his sword to his good hand. Then offers them the same choice. They surrender.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 21, 2008, 10:59:31 AM
Personally I think the mushroom cloud is overkill.  Also, I forgot to mention that I like the clothing design in the earlier Ren/Jairus picture.
Overkill? We don't know the meaning of the word!

And personally, I really really like the color scheme of my Nova armor. Ren's suit is suitably badass too.

Sunblink

Listening to Marilyn Manson...

Chibi Kamina Ren: Now I really like this, but I do have one gripe. I'll get to that later. Right now, I shall heap praise upon you for your anatomy. I still love how you draw your chibis with long limbs and proportionate bodies, as opposed to being small and stubby. Love how you draw your muscles and the chest; actually, speaking of the chest, the first aspect of the picture I noticed was the neat markings on his chest. Good work with those, and the expression on his face, too. Ren's so adorable in this picture. X3 So all-in-all, I really do enjoy this.
The only gripe I have is that I'm not too fond of the background, because, like Tape said, it is a bit overkill. Given the context of the picture, though, it's appropriate, and even comical.

Llearch: I CAN SEE INTO INFINITY

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 21, 2008, 07:38:38 PM
Chibi Kamina Ren: Now I really like this, but I do have one gripe. I'll get to that later. Right now, I shall heap praise upon you for your anatomy. I still love how you draw your chibis with long limbs and proportionate bodies, as opposed to being small and stubby. Love how you draw your muscles and the chest; actually, speaking of the chest, the first aspect of the picture I noticed was the neat markings on his chest. Good work with those, and the expression on his face, too. Ren's so adorable in this picture. X3 So all-in-all, I really do enjoy this.
Before I tried to draw chibies as they are usually drawn. But I was not too good with conveying their intended cuteness. So I just went ahead and started drawing not exactly chibies, but rather SD (Super-Deformed, as it's usually called) characters. I still call them chibies, though. And one can't strike a pose with small and stubby limbs! >:]

The only gripe I have is that I'm not too fond of the background, because, like Tape said, it is a bit overkill. Given the context of the picture, though, it's appropriate, and even comical.
My sheer awesomeness calls forth the mighty explosions! Well, I have borrowed Kamina's awesomeness for it, but still..

Llearch: I CAN SEE INTO INFINITY
..And the Infinity can see you..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ren Gaulen

I have promised Zedd to draw it for a while, and finally it's done!
A chibified version of Core with her adopted daughter, Len. And a Zedd plushie as a little bonus! :3

Jairus

Awwwwww... that's cute! The only way it could be cuter is if Len was asleep and snoozing on Core's head. And a little Zedd plush! Woah... that's getting a little meta for my tastes.

Um, this is actually the first time I think I've heard of these two. Who are they? ... Don't kill me.

Zedd

They look so nice and happys..So does my plush! And goggle boy you might look back a few pages to find about Core and Len

Jairus

Right... I remember now! The Fury with the genetic flaw! I forgot all about them. Stupid Jairus! :banghead

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 20, 2008, 05:50:25 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on August 20, 2008, 05:46:00 PM
i was thinking more of the arcade game, although i don't know if he is big enough to handle the joystick and the buttons at the same time
He can operate the gamepad through the use of telekinesis. Hell, he can just attach his wires to the console for direct control! :B

nowheres near as cute as a chibi doing DDR on an arcade machine to hit the buttons. perhaps chibi keats and chibi zedd can do it instead then

speaking of my brother, he gets TWO chibis? i would ask what he did to earn that, but with zedd that brings up not suitable for work imagery. jarius i knew was friendly with you, so i was kind of waiting for him to get his own avitar, a little longer and people would have forgotten he is not jyjy

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 21, 2008, 08:39:10 AM

you do realize that by having llearch sealed with packing tape this qualifies as bondage

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 21, 2008, 09:41:57 AM

all i have to say is thats gotta be some damned good chili for him to do that after only one bowl
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Mao

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 25, 2008, 10:54:42 AM
you do realize that by having llearch sealed with packing tape this qualifies as bondage

Well well well.. it seems we've strayed into an interesting conversation topic.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on August 25, 2008, 11:15:47 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on August 25, 2008, 10:54:42 AM
Well well well.. it seems we've strayed into an interesting conversation topic.

Perhaps not as interesting for me as for you.

Or vice versa...

Mao