Honor Circle Returns! (OOC) - Open

Started by Boog, November 02, 2007, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know, I think Bart _likes_ losing. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tipod

Pishaw. If he really liked losing, he'd challenge Witt.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

SpottedKitty

I think Bart is about to find out Andrace can fight just as well drunk as sober — which reminds me, the contest's not over yet. Unless Bart is about to sprout feathers and go cluck-cluck....?  <innocent look>
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Tipod

He can wait 'till after the contest (though I probably should've indicated that); he's just asking now so he doesn't forget  :U
The contest would be over right proper if Boog posted more, though. *crossarms*

Yugo

Eh, having Kaela sit around drinking just isn't as fun as a good fight. -malicious grin-
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Boog

Quote from: Tipod on November 22, 2008, 12:54:39 PM
The contest would be over right proper if Boog posted more, though. *crossarms*
College takes priority Tipod, but I'm getting to it.

Angel

(washes up on the shores of the internet, looking like she's been lost for years. After a good long while, her eyes flutter open. She stands up shakily, spluttering and coughing and spitting out bits of memory and spam, and then looks around, rubbing pixels out of her eyes and getting a joyful expression.)

........I'M ...... HOME!!!!! (kisses the ground, spits out more pixels and some emoticons)

Hello, y'alls. As you may know I went off here for a month and a half to get my priorities straight, because the Internet was seriously cutting into my school time. While it still is a problem sometimes, I've decided to come back here - but from now on, I'm limiting myself much more strictly. So though I may post less, I am back on and won't need to leave this site for good. O frabjous day, calloo, callay, I feel pretty damn good.  :disco

Now then. I've been lurking, but I still have some serious catching up to do, soooooo.... I'll do that in a minute or so because I'm heading home for thanksgiving break. Just wanted to let ya know I'm back. ^_^
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

AWESOME! I was wondering when you'd be back, Angel. Your RP antics have been missed :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nothing personal, Tipod - Witt's just generally objectionable, and loves to take advantage of people leaving themselves open like that. ;-]

Tipod

Oh, I know  :U
Bart tends to get a lot of objectionable responses from people.

Paladin Sheppard

Stygian I'm out have fun.

Laters people don't expect to see me back in this thread.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on December 10, 2008, 11:38:00 PM

...Well that sucks. :<

Angel

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 13, 2008, 03:20:15 PM

Yeah vat ist up with that anyway? How's the fight gonna go now?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Stygian

They mirror my sentiments. This confuses and irritates me.

Boog

Quote from: Black_angel on December 13, 2008, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 13, 2008, 03:20:15 PM

Yeah vat ist up with that anyway? How's the fight gonna go now?

I'll intervene in a bit, sorry if I haven't been around folks. Finals are doing dreadful things.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Angel

...You've actually heard Last Will and Temperament? ...

I think we might need to get married, Boxy.  :P By the way, have you run out of tree puns?  :3
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, I've been drooping.

I'm planning on getting back to you today. Or tomorrow...

Angel

Take as long as you need to. I'm in no rush.
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Why, certainly. Is that long enough? ;-]

Stygian

Edited my profile a slight. Might make an addition to the 'weaknesses' section if the urge comes over me, or something compels me to make his weak spots more numerous or clearer.

Creds to Tipod too, by the way, for his profile structure, which I shamelessly plagiarized for clarity. Nice one.

Yugo

Hey Spots, I'm going to have to put you on hold for a bit. Having some computer issues that need fixing. Evidently I can't open any web pages in any browser. Doing this from another house. Sorry. :|
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Stygian

I am watching you all with great disapproval at not being able to post quickly enough... >:[

I mean, why do I bother with going to the Alps and skiing and partying around and breaking bones doing both the former and the latter for?

Oh, that's right...

LOSERS!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm. This was locked. Not good, since the main thread is still going.

This is just notice that anyone attempting to interact with the antisocial drinker at the bar with the spikey haircut, leather jacket, and prickly demeanour is likely to get very little response until the end of May.

I'm going AFK. See you all on the flip side. Don't go making any messes I'll have to log in to clean up.

Stygian

Note: This profile is to be revised. It will be up again shortly.

Lisky

Name: Baseel (pronounced Bah Seel) (AKA Basilisk) Wolkshammer
Race: Demon
Species: Demon Canine, German Shepherd
Family and Associations: (Father) Leofric, (Mother) Katia, (Brothers) Uthor, Andre, Alaric, (Sisters) Claire, Chariece, Alysha, Elyaina

Height: 6'4" without horns, 7'4" with
Weight: 230 Lbs
Physical Description: At 828 years Bas has been around for quite some time, and yet, none of his age comes through in his appearance.  Tall, and thin, yet well muscled, one would find him to be the poster child of the demon race, at least in appearance.  He Looks to be in his early 20's by being standards.

Across his back, starting at the top of his head, and running all the way down his back is a near jet black fur across his front is a silver tinged with a hint of brown, running across his face, down his throat and down his body, and ending in pure silver extremities.  He has full black patches around his eyes, giving him an almost raccoon mask coloring. His muzzle is also mostly black, with brown around the corners of his mouth, and a silver ring right as his snout begins to broaden.  A black diamond shape sits between his eyes and goes from the bridge of his nose to the crown of his head.

His cephalic hair is a reddish blond, and is worn in long cables, tied together with silver rings.  In combat, they seem to flail about as if snakes on a Medusa's head.  At the ends of the cables, various religious icons are tied.  If you ask Bas about them, he'll tell you quite bluntly that they're the souls of those who have wronged him to the point of deserving a fate worse than death.

Bas sports a rather impressive pair of horns that sprout just behind his eyes, they curve up and around, facing slightly forward at the tips. (http://www.northernelectric.ca/~whitefox/images/dmfa/basilisk/basilisk4.png reference by whitefox)

His wings match his fur patterns quite nicely, dark at the top, moving to brown about the shoulders, then silver at center mass down. though the bottom wings are rimmed in black as well.  His wingspan is 16 feet at maximum, and given his musculature, he seems capable of flight.

For clothing he usually wears a dark, forest green robe, with black trim held together with gold chords along with matching pants.

Combat Abilities:  As with most demons he can harden his skin as if it were armor and grow fingers into long, dagger like claws.  He's used these skills most of his life, and they only add to his fighting prowess.  Preferably, Bas likes to fight with dark magic, and will cast spells ranging from consuming or shrouding the light in an area, to forming exploding bolts of dark energy.

Death Bolt (bread and butter combat attack spell): a collection of dark energy, it's explosive power is based on how much energy the caster puts into the spell.  The bolt is a thin, glossy-black, arrow-like projectile that is cast towards a target with great speed, rough estimates but the bolt's speed around 300 FPS (feet per second).  On impact with a solid surface (either an opponent, or a wall) the magic is explosively released, expanding in all directions with great physical force.  If given enough time, Bas can have the bolt explode inside a victim, making the deadly spell even more dangerous.

He can summon but 2 items, and they are stored at his family's castle.  A massive 4 foot diameter metal rimmed wooded shield (heavily enchanted to increase it's durability... not unbreakable, but close) with a metal boss, and a double edged battle axe which he has named Reaper.  Reaper is enchanted, much like the shield for enhanced durability, capped at both ends of the shaft with metal spikes, and hook like protrusions form the edges of the axe head allowing it to be used to grab as well as slash an opponent.

Weaknesses:

Overconfidence - As with most demon's Basilisk has a superiority complex a mile wide, when a lesser race challenges his superiority, he is quite willing to prove them wrong.

Sensitive nose: as with most canines, the hefty concentrations of nerve's in Bas's nose means he can detect the scent of a target from well outside the range of even his incredibly sharp eyesight.  This also means that anything more than a mild tap is excruciating for the demon.

Over-trusting: Given his nature to be honest, he expects the same, especially from other creatures.

Pretty Face: Basilisk is more likely to try flirting with a girl, especially a pretty one, than try and hurt her.  If he's against a female opponent, he'll most likely be hitting on her while she's preparing her first attack for him.

History: The Wolkshammer family is a bit of mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, encased  in an enigma. What is known is that they're very firm believers in keeping the demon lineage pure, and they also seem to breed some of the most clever and racial stereotype-defying members of the demon families.  Bas fits this mold quite nicely.  He doesn't actively engage in random violence, and doesn't believe wholesale slaughter is the end all be all of amusement of the more powerful.  That isn't to say he isn't brutal when he fights, nor does he avoid combat.  He merely doesn't pray on the innocent, instead his mere presence usually stirs up a couple of adventurers  stupid enough to try and 'slay a horrible creature'.

He's the 3rd son of Duke Leofric Wolkshammer, his 2 older brothers are Utred and Rhom, he gets along with the as most young siblings do, they bicker constantly, and yet still love each other.  As the 3rd in line for the dukedom, Bas never had to worry about trying to build family alliances,, and his father was much more relaxed about what the demon got himself into, and who he was interested in, though Leo did 'gently nudge' young Bas towards demonesses.

Personality wise, Bas is unpredictable, yet friendly.  Despite his intimidating appearance, he gives off a very likable aura, something rare for a demon.  He is friendly with many, but friends with few.  Those who Bas does truly befriend, he would be willing to do almost anything for.  Very loyal, and proud, Bas also feels that honesty and trustworthiness are key, as one's reputation is all one has when they live for millennia.

Trivia: Bas is known to enter and exit relationships at whimsy, currently single, he seems to be quite flirtatious, though usually not serious.

His horns are massive, yet he constantly seems to ignore the fact that they're there

Although he can teleport his shield and Axe incredible distances, he himself has not mastered the trick, and is still terrified to try it to this day.  The first time he tried teleporting, he returned home almost a week later, terrified and borderline catatonic, he has yet to tell anyone about what happened.

His Axe and shield were a gift given to him on his 16th birthday, and he has killed more sentients with the shield than the axe... though both pale in comparison to his body count from magic.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

SpottedKitty

Name: Despina Kithara
Nickname(s): Dezzy, Speena, Pancake (anyone not a relative or very close friend using that last one may be defenestrated: a nearby window is optional).
Species: Lion
Family and Association(s): Antimo Kithara (father), Clarice Kithara (mother), Zach, Arcas, Mitri (brothers), Eugenia, Zoe, Andrace, Irene (sisters).
Place of Origin: Mytilene, the Kithara family estate.

Physical description

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 180lb.
Build: Tall and svelte, with some muscles.
Eyes: Dark green.
Hair: Black.
Fur Coloration: Dark tan all over, lighter on front, with black tail tuft.
Distinguishing features: A tall, attractive lioness, with loosely curled hair and impeccably groomed fur. Despina's clothes are usually a bit on the skimpy side, and more than a bit flamboyant. She has a small scar, oddly geometric-looking, just below her navel, and another oval-shaped one in the small of her back, just above and to the left of the base of her tail.

Biographical and general information

History: Despina is an adventurer, one of the Kithara family, and a member of the Kithara Pride. The only full mage among current Pride members, Despina showed her talent at an early age. She'd already started basic adventurer training, and when she was apprenticed to her Great-Aunt Shaldon — herself a retired Pride member — she learned quickly and enthusiastically.
The only thing Despina didn't like about her training was that it took a couple of years longer than her warrior sisters and brothers: she was sixteen before she was allowed to join the Pride on contracts with no restrictions. One thing she learned early was how to enchant weapons: all her siblings now have at least one of Despina's "specials" in their armouries, with various enhancements.
Despina frequently takes on solo jobs, but she goes out on contracts as part of the Pride more often than any of the others: as the only mage in the group, her talents are usually in more demand for difficult jobs than one more heavy fighter like her sister Andrace or her brother Mitri.

Personality: Somewhat mercurial, sometimes quiet and thoughtful, sometimes a loud and cheerful party girl. Very focused and businesslike when she's using her magic at high levels.
Despina can be quite flamboyant, and likes to show off large areas of fur, although she's nowhere near the exhibitionist her older sister Irene is.

Abilities: A skilled mage, Despina has an affinity for Fire and Light magic. She can cast a variety of destructive spells at high power levels, and is familar with shielding, healing and illusion magic. She also knows how to put on a good show — when she can spare the time, her major spells are accompanied by so many illusions, arcane gestures and portentious invocations, not all of which are actually part of the spell, it's not easy for an adversary to guess what she's up to until the lightning bolt smacks him in the back of the head.
Unusually for a mage, she also has physical combat skills. Not to the level of her fighter siblings, though, she's no better than average with a sword, or a ranged weapon like a gun, bow or crossbow. It's enough to be a nasty surprise for anyone expecting her to be relatively defenceless if she can't use her magic for any reason.

Weapons: Despina's only obvious weapon is a dagger usually strapped to her right thigh, although like all her sisters and brothers, she has a number of small, sharp pointy surprises hidden in various places in her clothes. The staff she carries as a focus and power-sink for her magic is also quite sturdy (and heavy), and makes an excellent club if required. Like most mages, Despina doesn't wear armour, relying on magical shielding, agility and luck to avoid being injured. She doesn't like to use her claws and teeth, because of the mess it makes in her fur, but she will if necessary.

Strengths: Better at physical combat than most Being mages, thanks to her early generalised adventurer training. Skilled in tactics and strategy, and plans ahead for how best to use her magic in any given situation. She's also quick to change her plans when (not "if") the situation changes.

Weaknesses: Occasionally distracted by a pretty face (and other parts of the anatomy). She has a bit of a temper, and tries not to let people get her angry enough to nudge her into making mistakes. If she gets spitting-clawing-and-biting mad, though... there have been cases of "oops, didn't know my own strength".

Trivia: One of Despina's hobbies is R&D into experimental tantric magic.
Another hobby is collecting magical tomes and scrolls on odd subjects. Sometimes she can use these to develop new spells.
No, she doesn't feel chilly in that outfit. When the weather's really bad, she usually casts a low-level heat spell around herself.
Despina frequently pouts when drunk, semi-seriously, that she has a smaller bust than any of her other sisters (including teenaged Eugenia). Yes, this is the origin of one of her nicknames (as in "flat as a...").
A few years ago, when she became a full member of the Pride, Despina summoned a Warp-Aci. She soon had to send it back before its deranged behaviour drove the whole Pride (and several other family members) round the bend.
What Despina actually said was, "well, no-one liked that building anyway". Anything else is a vile calumny put about by her baby sister Eugenia, who still teases her about the incident.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Why am I tempted to have Witt order pancakes? ;-]

SpottedKitty

Because if Despina hears him, hilarity might ensue?

Come to think of it, how would Witt fight someone who mainly uses magic, but also fights conventionally? Think we'd get on the pay-per-view listings...?   :giggle

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quickly. Very very quickly.

Also... how does she cope with laxatives? And pain? ;-]