[Art] Gabi: updated irregularly (24/01/10 - Page 5)

Started by Gabi, November 05, 2006, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

A very nice old timey looking outfit .. nicely done, especially since you said you drew it on your legs.

(I hope paper on your legs, case drawing direclty on your legs would be even more impressive .. especially trying to scan it)

Gabi

Paper on my legs, of course. :P And thanks!

New art now! Hopefully this will make up for my previous failed attempt (at AC).

(Old version)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 24, 2007, 11:38:15 AM
Paper on my legs, of course. :P And thanks!
New art now! Hopefully this will make up for my previous failed attempt (at AC).

All the squirrels I've seen have a rather angular head, so it might be an idea to increase the length of the muzzle a bit for that reason.  Also the edges are kind of crinkly, but apart from that it's instantly recognisable and nicely drawn.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Thanks, JP. I don't think there's much I can do about the borders, but I think I've improved the muzzle a bit without changing much of the image.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 24, 2007, 04:36:54 PM
Thanks, JP. I don't think there's much I can do about the borders, but I think I've improved the muzzle a bit without changing much of the image.

Yeah, that does improve it.  A subtle change - I had to compare them both, but it's definitely better in the new one.

Gabi

James StarRunner

Gabi

Gabi

I drew this for this year's Secret Santa, for Shinigami Whistle. I still wonder who she is.

CLICK to view in full size

Tapewolf

Nice, although the grass could do with some texture behind it.  Is she a mouse?

e_voyager

i think she's feline but the read hair is throng me off a little. who is she?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

I think she's a rat. At least that's what I gathered from the references I got, but I'm not completely certain. I wish I knew who she is.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on December 31, 2007, 07:40:14 AM
I think she's a rat. At least that's what I gathered from the references I got, but I'm not completely certain. I wish I knew who she is.
Aren't rats supposed to have a hairless tail?  Or is that only a particular type of rat?

Brunhidden

mostly hairless, although i would assume that its either a tail warmer or makeup or something- people who wear fishnet are liable to do other strange fashion

QuoteIf most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies... It would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped inside it.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gabi

I'm afraid we'll have to be left with speculations unless the character's owner shows up. The tail looked that way in the references. Some of the references also included piercings, but I didn't want to overdo it with the accessories.

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 31, 2007, 07:53:13 AM
Quote from: Gabi on December 31, 2007, 07:40:14 AM
Aren't rats supposed to have a hairless tail?  Or is that only a particular type of rat?

According to what it says on her FA page she's a Virginia Opossom

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/913912/

Gabi

I hadn't seen that page. Thanks, Shadrok! I guess that sorts it out, then... And I've learnt something new. I'd never heard of opossoms before. Is opossom the same as opossum?

e_voyager

i believe so. i should have recognized the species reading room for one more like i do.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

What does "the species reading room for one more like i do" mean? I can't make any sense out of that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on January 01, 2008, 01:09:02 PM
What does "the species reading room for one more like i do" mean? I can't make any sense out of that.

Here's my guess at what he meant:

Quote from: e_voyager on January 01, 2008, 12:05:54 PM
I should have recognized the species, reading "room for one more" like I do.

That makes logical sense, although what "Room for One More" might be I'm not sure.  He might have meant something entirely different, of course.

LionHeart

That was probably it.

Room For One More

At least, this is what I assume he was referring to.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

e_voyager

Yes it was. thank you  Lion heart. Also i'm sorry about the slow responses but between work and travel time now that my car is down again i haven't had as much ti to catch up with the forum  like i normally do. After all i have to sleep some time or i can't do my job very well. 

Gabi

A gift to the squirrels on the forum!

Not a drawing, but still art.

GabrielsThoughts

I question the  definition of art...

it is a wonderful photograph of an acorn, which itself is a work of art, so while it is art, I ask what it signifies?

does the long stem in sharp focus leading to the blurry nut have some symbolic or phalic meaning?

does it represent life's hard blurry nature as we get both the short end of the stick and crunchy nut of satisfaction?

why are nuts so fascinating? 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Gabi

Why is it that critics always see more into the works they critique than the artists intended?

I liked the acorn, and I liked the play of lights and shadows, and of sharpness and blurs. Anything else you see in it is up to you.

Gabi

Ok, I've finally uploaded something new! As poorly shaded as ever, but...

This is a concept test. She is commonly known as Miss Claire, and is a character who came up as I wrote my background for the Furrae Chronicles RPG. Comments are welcome and the image is clickable.

Gareeku

It looks great, Gabi ^^ I would be most interested to learn more about this character. You'll improve with the shading with practice. ^^

Gabi

Thanks, Gareeku! Both for your comment and for your support. :)

I may write something about her one day, as soon as I can form a story out of the scattered bits I have in my mind, and I have the time to type it down.

Gabi

Long time no post! But I have something new at last.

This odd character comes from a story I've been writing lately.

Sorry about the borders. I've found no way to fix them. And the shading is as poor as ever, I know. I hope someday I will learn.

Brunhidden

colorful, but looks kinda like the map selling fairtything from zelda- marjoras mask
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.