2013/04/09 [CM #1] - Look, a grey angel!

Started by ChaosMageX, April 09, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

No wait, now it's a grey being! :giggle Even if Jakob changed in the privacy of the bathroom, now he has to keep from bumping into those sheep and anyone else who took more than a passing glance in his direction at the sound of their exclamation.  On the other hand, judging by the sign in the first panel and the variety of creatures in the crowd, he probably shouldn't be worried.  Heck, I wonder why he's even hiding his Cubiness in the first place.

Speaking of crowd variety, I just love the kaleidoscope of creatures with different colors in this first page, especially the red canine demon in the 2nd and 3rd panels.  It really makes me appreciate the amount of work that probably went into this page.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Well, the sheep now has a less interesting subject, at least.  And it's very likely that there are others in the crowd who would have had wings if not for some item of jewellery, so someone making their wings disappear isn't necessarily unusual.  (It would likely still be alarming to see it happen in front of you, mind)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

mithril

between these comics and DMFA, i occasionally wonder how just having headwings would be received. would people automatically assume the person is cubi, or would they just figure on some mythos blood?

hmm.. are headwings unique to cubi, or do some non-cubi in Furrae have them?

Tapewolf

Quote from: mithril on April 12, 2013, 01:45:41 AM
hmm.. are headwings unique to cubi, or do some non-cubi in Furrae have them?

They are, but not everyone will know what they mean.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Daet

I'm also somewhat surprised that Jakob is bothering to hide his wings, what with the 'cubi ahead of him and the one leaning on the welcome sign. Not to mention the (at least) three demons I saw in the middle panel. Of course he may just be skittish about someone recognizing him in particular if this is after his reign as Johann Cross.
Either help fix it or quit complaining.

Bandersnatch

Quote from: Daet on April 12, 2013, 05:09:36 PM
I'm also somewhat surprised that Jakob is bothering to hide his wings, what with the 'cubi ahead of him and the one leaning on the welcome sign. Not to mention the (at least) three demons I saw in the middle panel. Of course he may just be skittish about someone recognizing him in particular if this is after his reign as Johann Cross.

That or the Grey Angel thing might get really old really fast and he just wants to avoid the paparazzi.

Which, due to all the pictures, one might accidentally make the connection between him and Cross.