Horrid accident involving my sister.

Started by Shax, February 14, 2013, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shax

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 07, 2013, 11:09:39 AM
That's awesome to hear, there, Shax.

Ah.. for those of us outside the country, is there a way to donate?

You don't really have to... Not sure if its possible unless its over Paypal which I would have sent to my parents.

But its no worries.

Shax

Ok, because I keep on getting people asking if they can donate (Which I keep saying its not necessary! >.<), send it to my paypal, I will have it relayed to my parents.

cubi.shax[at]yahoo[dot]com (USD)

Also feel free to email me just to talk! :3

Tapewolf

Again, it may not be wise to publish it openly.  IIRC the addresses on your profile should be hidden to guest users, but this probably isn't.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shax

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 08, 2013, 07:29:41 AM
Again, it may not be wise to publish it openly.  IIRC the addresses on your profile should be hidden to guest users, but this probably isn't.

Made a slight adjustment to hopefully weed out bots

Shax

Also, I don't really mind it being public. I have my email all over the net anyway. And even Mab posted it public, which I'm glad she did. The support had been heartwarming, my family is so happy that even my net friends have been supporting her.

Lorien077

...oh gosh I don't wanna be a pest but I'm gonna admit to being worried. ;;  Any news Shax?
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Shax

No real changes at all at the moment. Things have been kinda dull... I hope she wakes soon and things can go back to normal.

Shax

Hard to keep a smile these days now. I have been trying to mask how I really feel about the situation with trying to have fun with friends and being out and about so much, but Its to the point to where I can't do it anymore. The situation is hitting me harder and harder, I cannot stand the thought of my little sister laying helpless in a bed for so long because some stupid motherfucker cannot even put a phone down. You never really think about this with other people, until it happens to someone close...

Qilby

I had a friend in a coma for just over a year. It's never easy, and any decision made about them while they are under really makes you grit your teeth. But it does get better, and I know she will appreciate your struggle for her, one way or another.

Lorien077

Hang in there Shax, we're here for you.  This won't be forever.  If you need someone to talk to I'm on skype and AIM, just let me know so I can add you.  You can be honest about your feelings, and if talking about it would help at all I'd be happy to do so.

EDIT:  I promise I can spell sometimes
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

Gabi

You have all our support. Like Qilby and Lorien077 said, she won't stay like this forever. Be strong and trust that she will get better.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Shax

Bit of news, the hospital no longer considers her to be in a coma. She seems to be able to recognize things now! Next step is for her to start talking again!

Nyil

That is fantastic news! I'm glad things are improving for you, it was really worrying. Here's to hoping things continue to look up for you guys :)
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Lorien077

Oh thank goodness that's wonderful news indeed!  :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shax on March 29, 2013, 01:13:49 AM
Bit of news, the hospital no longer considers her to be in a coma. She seems to be able to recognize things now! Next step is for her to start talking again!

Great news!  Let us know how she progresses.

joshofspam

Good to hear.

Progress is good. Here's hoping for more good news. :hug
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Gabi

That's good! Thanks for letting us know, and please keep us posted. :)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Shax on March 29, 2013, 01:13:49 AM

That is excellent news! :eager I also wonder how her physical therapy is going, since you mentioned them starting it while she was still in a comatose state.

Icon by Sunblink

Merlin

I'm so glad to hear the good news! I hope her recovery keeps going strong.

Shax

Bit of bad news. It seems my sister crawled her way off the bed and feel to the floor... And was on the floor for a good half hour until my parents arrived at the rehab center... Where the fuck were the nurses? She got taken to ER.

Ignuus66

Excuse my Ignorance, but what is ER? (English is not my native language)

(credit: Gabi)

Sicill

Emergency Room.
Typically specializes in treating immediate medical care for people with severe issues and trauma without an appointment.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Erm. Nurses? Monitoring? Surely she had some monitoring on her? What the heck happened, there?

If it were me finding her on the ground, having been there for a while... I'd be spitting tacks. :-(

Here's hoping she's okay, and it's a _good_ sign that she's moving, there.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lorien077

That's utterly appalling, honestly I can't believe it. -_-  Hope she recovers quickly from the fall.

Sofox

Shax, I sincerely apologise for not posting earlier, but I wish the best to you, your sister and your family and pray hard that everything will be okay.

Shax

A bit of happy news on my sister. They moved her to Mary Free Bed which is a less serious rehab center. Shes doing great. Able to eat on her own, she is aware of her surroundings and even showing the sane attitude from before the crash, she we think shes going to be the same Brianne as always. Two more weeks still she can put weight on her left foot and they are already training her on crutches. Shes able to somewhat talk, its more like a talkwhisper where you really have to listen but still, progress. Shes been working on her phone and her iPad and ever made a post on her own Facebook the other day! She is recovering faster than the docs thought she would.

Merlin

Lorien077

That's absolutely wonderful!!!  She sounds like a very strong young woman to recover so swiftly.  Thanks for updating us.  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shax on April 25, 2013, 10:08:37 PM
Shes able to somewhat talk, its more like a talkwhisper where you really have to listen but still, progress. Shes been working on her phone and her iPad and ever made a post on her own Facebook the other day! She is recovering faster than the docs thought she would.

Fantastic.  Keep us posted!