What Song Are You Listening To?

Started by xHaZxMaTx, August 25, 2006, 01:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leafar

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dakata on August 25, 2006, 12:09:52 PM
'One Step Closer' by Linkin Park. :B

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 25, 2006, 11:38:11 AM
It only really bothers me when it's a song I really like. Like "Hotel California" the other day. I got back by whistling the guitar solo.
My mom hates that song. D: Maybe it's because she knows that there's a SECRET MESSAGE. :B

I've heard better examples of backmasking.  At home I have a recording of the Mr. Ed theme song, which has the relatively clear words 'selL youR souL tO sataN' if played backwards.  Sadly I've not been able to track down a copy of the original song so I half-suspect it's been been tampered with.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Leafar

have any of you heard if you play the album ''dark side of the moon'' by pink floyd you can hear the same sounds at the same time period from the movie wizard of oz???

edit: here http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1433194/19970530/story.jhtml

Dakata

'Here comes the rain again'. :B By Eurythmics.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 25, 2006, 12:15:53 PM
Quote from: Dakata on August 25, 2006, 12:09:52 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on August 25, 2006, 11:38:11 AMIt only really bothers me when it's a song I really like. Like "Hotel California" the other day. I got back by whistling the guitar solo.
My mom hates that song. D: Maybe it's because she knows that there's a SECRET MESSAGE. :B

I've heard better examples of backmasking.  At home I have a recording of the Mr. Ed theme song, which has the relatively clear words 'selL youR souL tO sataN' if played backwards.  Sadly I've not been able to track down a copy of the original song so I half-suspect it's been been tampered with.
=P

There's more here.

Leafar

bah. this reverse thing is just bullshit...of course it should sound like some word or other but nothing like ''oh my God!''

Tapewolf

Quote from: Leafar on August 25, 2006, 01:34:21 PM
bah. this reverse thing is just bullshit...of course it should sound like some word or other but nothing like ''oh my God!''

Most of them are, but there are quite a few genuine ones.  I want to try and do this for the audio version of strip #666, but I don't think it's really possible to do exactly what I'm planning on.  I have a contingency plan, though.

And I'm currently listening to a demo of 'Shadow over Merthyr' by me.  But that hardly counts.

vulpesweasel

Tapewolf

Try playing this backwards:
http://www.dougtheeagle.com/adatpf/adatpf02.mp3
(How could I forget about my own song?)

**EDIT**
Yeah, I guess it's something when the hidden message is less disturbing than the actual lyrics..

Leafar

Evanescence - My Immortal (clip)

mmmm...lemme see this...

edit: mmm...there's something there...OH YOU'RE WITH THE DEVIL TOO!!!!!!! D: *leaves the forum*

Arcalane

Psygnosis - G-Police Main Menu Theme. :P

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Leafar

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Hope Isolation Pray

bill

The Who - Quadrophenia (track)

Wonderful instrumental. The whole album uses synths brilliantly.

Oh, and lest I forget

Tool - Lateralus (album)

Someone told me that I'd like this album if I liked King Crimson. I had 10,000 Days, which was dissapointing, but luckily for Tool's coffers, I'm a fan of the "Two Album Rule" (which incidently saved Rush after I tried the dissapointing "Moving Pictures", then gave the amazing "Hemispheres" a shot), so I gave it a shot. They were right. Excellent stuff, except for the filler.

Tapewolf

Sorry to drag on about the backmasking, but I've just managed to download a copy of the "Mister Ed" theme song.  (Guess what I'm currently listening to  :B )

It's rather interesting: when played backwards, the phrase "That is, of course, unless" changes into something like "Sell your soul for Satan" (the word 'Satan' being less distinct, since the whole thing is after all a freak accident).

It seems that the words "course unless" become something very much like "sell your soul" in reverse, which could be useful to those wishing to write their own satanic messages.

I'll shut up about backmasking now.

Dakata

'Dead Skin Mask' by Slayer.

We're sooo bad, aren't we, JP? :B

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Rowne

Nothing in particular, not so long ago I was on a Queen binge and then, without good reason my mind decided that I should be listening to Amiga mod music for some reason.  So I'm now listening to random stuff from the Back2Roots online radio thing.

Kasarn

Radiohead - Amnesiac - 01. Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box

xHaZxMaTx

That song is effing awesome, along with 2+2=5.  Hail to the Theif and Amnesiac are my favorite albums.

Currently listening to: And It Raied All Night - Thom Yorke (Yes, that guy from Radiohead)

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

vulpesweasel

Green Day-American Idiot-Jesus of Suburbia

King Of Hearts

Leafar

Kasarn

Leafar

Dakata

'Move Your Dead Bones' by Dr. Reanimator. :B

bill

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part 1

Leafar

Dream Theather - Through Her Eyes (yay)

vulpesweasel

Nickelback-Far away
And am I the only one that's gets a sudden creepy feeling and chills down there spine when they here the Pokemon Rap backwards?