What Song Are You Listening To?

Started by xHaZxMaTx, August 25, 2006, 01:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Simple enough, just post the song you are currently listening to that you think everyone else should listen to.  'Tis a good way to discover new music. :)

Blackout - Muse

I love this song!

ElectroMotive

vulpesweasel

mini-lion

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

e_voyager

sound of silence. i listen to it and Korn a lot.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

'Absolute Zero' by Mage, an indie prog-rock outfit in Boulder, Colorado who went on to form Singularity.

http://www.singularity.net/clips/absolute-zero.ra

This was recorded on a 4-track Tascam machine - most likely a portastudio rather than a model '34.  (For those who despise RealPlayer (who doesn't) Mplayer can also decode them.  WMP might be able to as well, but I don't know.)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

New Orleans Is Sinking, by The Tragically Hip.

... Ironic, isn't it? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Leafar

bill

Arriving Somewhere (but not here) - Porcupine Tree

Can't believe I let this band fly under the radar for so long. Very nice fusion of psych and metal.

Dakata

Leafar

Nancy Sinatra - Bang, Bang

Edit: Gets tip from Sam...  :spidey

Kasarn

The Red Paintings - The Revolution Is Never Coming

Leafar

bill

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

System of a Down - Roulette

Their older music is much better than the last two albums (Toxicity for teh win!).

bill

Tool - The Grudge

Just started the Lateralus album. Hope it was worth my money.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Miaka

....My dad. he's currently playing guitar and singing(off-tune) I doubt he's improv-ing, but I don't recognise the song.

Dakata

Nikki

llearch n'n'daCorna

Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

'Namami Nanda-Nandana' by Kula Shaker.  For all I know the lyrics probably translate into 'kill all the white people' or something.

Dakata

Nikki

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Miaka on August 25, 2006, 10:35:30 AM
....My dad. he's currently playing guitar and singing(off-tune) I doubt he's improv-ing, but I don't recognise the song.
I'm sorry. :(  My bro is always playing one of four instruments (trombone, trumpet, piano, guitar) or singing, and frankly, he's not very good at any of them.

Dakata

'Dragula' by Rob Zombie. :B

Edit: Hey, at least you guys don't have an annoying mother who always has to sing in the car.

D: YOU CANNOT SING, MOM. YOUR SINGING MAKES MY EARS BLEEEEEED.

bill

It only really bothers me when it's a song I really like. Like "Hotel California" the other day. I got back by whistling the guitar solo.

Tapewolf

In The Raven-Haunted Forests Of Darkenhold, Where Shadows Reign And The Hues Of Sunlight Never Dance by Bal-Sagoth

I am the immortal king of the deep woods, servitor of the Old Gods of the Forest..
I hear the whispered words of the trees!
Such ancient secrets they sing....

Dakata

'One Step Closer' by Linkin Park. :B

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 25, 2006, 11:38:11 AM
It only really bothers me when it's a song I really like. Like "Hotel California" the other day. I got back by whistling the guitar solo.
My mom hates that song. D: Maybe it's because she knows that there's a SECRET MESSAGE. :B