Furry Revolution (OOC, Mature) -call for interest

Started by KarlOmega1, February 12, 2012, 11:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

The coming apocalypse is of our own doing
What we have created shall be our own doom.

In the Mid 21st century, Humanity was one step closer to becoming masters of everything around them. they had created a new order of lifeforms that had traits of the native animals and of humans...but the creatures were created to serve their human creators as slaves. the Furnaki (as they were called by the humans) served as either living weapons for each nations military or as personal servants. Being slaves, they weren't given much except for food and shelter...plus they didn't have as much rights as humans.

Being created with there being a diversity of functionality, the Furnaki were divided into several races. And their connection to the planet's biofield was strong enough to ensure that they didn't die too young...for what was the use of a slave that didn't last long? But at last, if one thing that's understood as usually being in play...the thing in play is Murphy's Law. One day, the Furnaki developed a resentment towards most of the humans that caused them to rebel against their masters and attempt to take the planet from them.

Now the struggle has grown to an all out war across the globe...and now the Furnaki have control of nearly half of the world's landmass. The humans are desperate for an end to the war...some believing in negotiations with the Furnaki, others wanting to wipe out or enslave them. the same thoughts go for the Furnaki, for they too want an end to the war...with the same division amongst them. All this comes down to the vital question...will one side wipe out the other, or will peace between the humans and Furnaki be possible?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this RP, you choose whether to have your character be a human or a Furnaki...stuck in a worldwide war against each other. there are seven possible endings to this RP-

Humans win: Furnaki extinction.
Humans win: Furnaki re-enslavement.
Neutral ending: Peaceful coexistence
Neutral ending: end of all life (basicly, everyone is dead...both human and furnaki)
Neutral ending: mutual enslavement (nations ruled by one race will have slaves of the other race...with a neutral zone between the sides)
Furnaki win: Human Enslavement
Furnaki win: Human Extinction -furrae genesis

(that last one was base off my speculation that the Furrae from DMFA or Project Future had it's beginning...of course it's purely fan speculation.)

Character sheet template

Name:
Species:
Race: (only use this if you're a Furnaki)
Abilities:
Personality:
Backstory:

I hope you will enjoy this RP...[spoiler]and I hope this RP doesn't flat out die without having a chance, like my last ones did[/spoiler]
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

VAE

Well, there's lot to hope in that way.

Firstly... picking a time just after a hugely popular new RP has began, and there's another one gaining quite the amounts of interest doesn't work too well. After all, people have finite amounts of time.

Secondly... perhaps you'd want to join a game. For one, they are a lot of fun, and for two, people would actually get to see your writing, which would make them considerably more likely to spend time and effort making up characters for your RPs - as a proverb says around here, only a fool buys a cat in a sack.

Now, over time, you have submitted some RP ideas that I liked, this one , however , isn't such.,

Let's take it in order.

1)  On the surface, making up furres for the purposes of slavery seems silly, since they aren't much more likely to be useful  and/or easier to control than humans.
Now, taking say, human-dog or human-wolf furres and exploiting the fact that such would probably tend to a pack society, and therefore be easier to subjugate, does make sense - i have seen a similar idea elsewhere, even. But then, these are the sort of things you probably should have explained :3 - the job of the author is, before anything else, to convince the reader.

2) Using them for the military, and as personal servants? If anything, i'd imagine using such as a cheap workforce in designated areas - massive factories, mines, etc, void of interaction with ordinary population.
Especially modern military, since that'd involve giving them access to arms with a LOT of potential.

3)What's a biofield and why does anyone need it? I mean... you should explain new terms when you introduce them.

4)
QuoteOne day, the Furnaki developed a resentment towards most of the humans that caused them to rebel against their masters and attempt to take the planet from them.

Since when do such things happen "one day". No social change ever was sudden. Laws of dialectic materialism explain  it - you get an ascent of quantity until a new quality is born. That's why squashing revolutions is hard - by the time overt symptoms appear, the rest tends to be quite ready to follow the same path.

5) That said, while I can't say the origin of Furrae wasn't similar (this isn't furrae as it has more moons - see the globe in one of the early SAIA comics) I can say there's absolutely no evidence for such. You might as well think the flying spaghetti monster created all of it, and made cubi's tentacles in his noodly image.

Ah well.. this be just ramblings of a silly lynx.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth