Kria vs Jyrras...

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, July 20, 2006, 05:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Duncan and Connor kinda had to hide from people like The Kurgan, though. There's a limit to what you can do to stop someone who won't die even if you shoot him, and taking his head is something only the CEO can do (movie-wise - if you go into the tv series, there was a "normal" human who started collecting heads, but that's an exception)...

Sure, they could have accomplished a lot. They did have a few problems with that, however - but who's to say they -didn't- shuffle around in the background and do much of the advancing? :-)

it's an interesting story waiting to be written, perhaps.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

In my opinion Jyrras has the edge here, for a few reasons. Firstly, if there was a fight it would be on his turf, in his lab, where only he knows what everything does and has a security system of some sort on his side. Secondly, aside from the lab itself, he has a good number of gizmos that equal if not better the powers of various magical creatures. Lastly, Kria doesn't strike me as being particularly clever. Now, I've never seen her in a situation where she had to be, but I'd count on her underestimating Jyrras and ergo screwing up. Perhaps demon hide can turn away arrows, but I'd wager it wouldn't do quite as well against, say, anti-personel weaponry.

Caswin

Quote from: Boogeyman on August 15, 2006, 10:44:00 PM
Perhaps demon hide can turn away arrows, but I'd wager it wouldn't do quite as well against, say, anti-personel weaponry.
'course, you realize, technically speaking, arrows are anti-personnel weaponry. :p
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

ITOS

Quote from: Caswin on August 16, 2006, 12:01:21 PM'course, you realize, technically speaking, arrows are anti-personnel weaponry. :p

So are 150 mm cannons.

At least that is what I use them for. >:3
This generic comment was brought to you by:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally I prefer large applications of C4. And boxes of nails. And pressure-sensitive pads. And pressure sensitive pads that aren't live until you tread on the -next- pad, or possibly the one after...

but I'm evil like that.

Boog

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 16, 2006, 01:15:43 PM
Personally I prefer large applications of C4. And boxes of nails. And pressure-sensitive pads. And pressure sensitive pads that aren't live until you tread on the -next- pad, or possibly the one after...

but I'm evil like that.
Well yes, but not in your own base!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Why not? *I* know where they are, so *I'm* not going to walk on them... :-)

Arcalane

Quote from: Ramsey on July 20, 2006, 11:44:12 AM
Chuck Norris would beat both of them. >:o

Belatedly; Duke Nukem could kick Chuck Norris' ass. And Vin Diesel's. :rolleyes

I'd have security 'bots myself. Big ones with integral weaponry that can't be removed unless you feel like hacking them to bits.

And of course they'd be suitably constructed so that it would be nigh-on impossible to hack them to bits. :mwaha

xHaZxMaTx

Chuck Norris is a push-over. :rolleyes

http://norrispaddle.ytmnd.com/

(Please don't hurt me!)

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 16, 2006, 01:15:43 PM

but I'm evil like that.

*Charles nerds*  Actually, the best type of pressure pad design is one that changes in relation to some sort of mathematical puzzle, like the checkered floor in Rassilon's castle in "The Five Doctors", over which the Master tricked the Cybermen so they got blsted by laser beams and then gave the clue to the Doctor, "It's as easy as pie!"  The hint was, of course 'pi' being the code by which one could safetly navigate the floor.

*Charline blinks and her ears swivel back*  My god... he's a Prydonian of Princeton!

*Charles growls!*  Never associate me with those knaves!  I'm a Whovian!   :yasrsly  The Doctor would kick everyone's butt with his sonic crewdriver, since it contains 'Sonic', an undefeatable hedgehog, and 'screwdriver', which is a potent alcoholic beverage.  Combine the two and you get Mega-Drunken Irishman Sonic.  It's a secret hidden ability.   :mowmeep
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

I know what Jyrras need to win the fight. 

The coolest Mecha Robotech ever produced

Jy-Jy needs a Cyclone,  then he could go toe to to with Kria  qand make a quick get away if things went south...

*has always wanted a cyclone*

Artanis

Outside of his lab, Jyrras loses. He simply won't have the resources to fight.

Inside, it's more of a toss up. It's unlikely that any weapons tech is in a state of readiness, for the same reason you don't store guns loaded. He would be depending on any defensive measures he's taken to buy time to pick up some of his weapons, arm them, and find a spot to shoot from.

And all this is just killing him. If Kria got inside to the point where Jy can no longer rely on defensives to protect himself, all she has to do is grab something suitably illegal, say, the farming equipment or Deebs, and get back to the council. Suddenly Jy is a fugitive, and his lab gets stormed by a whole squad of creatures instead of just one.

Quote from: Alondro on August 17, 2006, 01:47:33 PM
The Doctor would kick everyone's butt with his sonic crewdriver, since it contains 'Sonic', an undefeatable hedgehog, and 'screwdriver', which is a potent alcoholic beverage.  Combine the two and you get Mega-Drunken Irishman Sonic.  It's a secret hidden ability.

Hah.
If Sonic is Irish and drunk, nothing will stop him from ingesting more alcohol. A simple Pan Galactic Garge Blaster will stop him.

Landon_Fox

All I have to say is that if Jyrras and Kria do fight and/or (especially if) Kria gets caught by his security devices, then Jyrras needs to take off his glasses and put on the goggles.

Doctor Jyrras all the way! 

And it provides an excellent way to end the fight comically.  Specifically, both Kria and Jyrras turn tail and run as fast as they possibly can from a horde of squealling fangirls.  Hilarity (sexual tension?) ensues...

Arcalane

Quote from: Landon_Fox on August 22, 2006, 03:58:40 AM
All I have to say is that if Jyrras and Kria do fight and/or (especially if) Kria gets caught by his security devices, then Jyrras needs to take off his glasses and put on the goggles.

Or just take off the glasses and do the cute eyes thing. ;)