Bishop's Stone (OOC) (Open)

Started by Inumo, February 05, 2012, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

SquirrelWizard

Sorry, I've been swamped by my creative writing class, been spending a lot of time on my work to ensure I pass.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Inumo

You know, I must admit, running this game has given me an interesting look at how people respond when they discover a danger they didn't know existed before, even if it was always present. As GM, I'm thinking, "Oh, yeah, they need faerie involvement and such to show that this is everywhere, but it won't cause too much strange behavior." Meanwhile, it seems like everyone who's directly interacting with them is going, "Oh god it's a faerie they're so dangerous they're going to kill meeeeeeeeeeee!!!"

AmberCross

Really? Who's doing that? I mean the most I've been seeing is that people don't want the fae knowing that they know. Cause fae don't mess with normal people, but they do mess with people who know about them. So it's not just that we've noticed we've walking along a tightrope so much as we're walking a tightrope and ALSO our shoes suddenly have spikes on them that might fray the ropes if we're not careful.

SquirrelWizard

Bah, I've finally got done with the big glaring project my class wants but now it looks like I've fallen too far behind to keep up with this RP. Sorry about that.

Inumo

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on April 21, 2012, 11:34:07 PM
Bah, I've finally got done with the big glaring project my class wants but now it looks like I've fallen too far behind to keep up with this RP. Sorry about that.

No major plot points have been hit between your last post and now. Feel free to hop back in; plot won't advance unless everyone is accounted for in one way or another. Besides, you're not getting out of this that easy. >:D

SquirrelWizard

Alright, I just cant garruntee a post anytime soon.

Having just finished the work for my creative writing class, I can see my finals looming in the distance holding a baseball bat meaningfully.

Inumo

Just in case it wasn't clear, you're only in control of your own character by default. If you have an NPC that you'd like to have a hand in writing or something similar, feel free to PM me and we can discuss.

Inumo

Fff-- Sorry guys, I completely forgot to make a post today. I'll make sure it's first on my to-do list tomorrow, so a post should be up by noon MST (GMT-7).

Inumo

So... I take it people haven't killed Diablo enough times yet?

Azlan

Repetitious monster grinding gets so very boring after awhile.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Inumo

I'd blame AnthroCon for the derth of posts and move on, but I don't think anyone here actually went to AnthroCon... Any last posters before I make a GM post?

Azlan

I may not be play Diablo 3 anymore, but I am involved in an alpha and two ongoing betas.  I don't have a whole lot to add at the moment, but I will add a bit now.

AmberCross

Sorry, I'm running low on inspiration for this at the moment. Right now I'm sort of doing my own thing away from the group and my path is pretty straightforward in that next step is get the nightshade to little bro but after that I am honestly at a loss for what to do. I have the feeling that without their own personal quests to go off, other players are feeling a similar loss for what to do. Right now the plot is essentially, "Fairies exist! Now go about life as normal." which works for a bit... but quickly devolves into just going about our regular business which makes for not a terribly interesting plot to follow and does not inspire most muses. Not sure how you can use that info, but I hope it helps.

Inumo

Hopefully that won't be a problem, though if you'd prefer, I can try having multiple character plots going at once instead of the current one-at-a-time approach.

Edit: By the way, if anyone finds themselves looking at one of my posts and going, "I don't need to respond to that," let me know and I'll continue your story.

Inumo

Fair warning, I'm going to do a plot post the Sunday after this one come hell or high water. I'll try to find a way to make scenes not seem too weird as the transition goes if you don't post next week, but try and at least get something there for simplicity's sake.

Inumo

Triple posting for the win? SilverDemonWolf, if and when you do come back, Damien is now in stasis. I can pull him out and back into the story whenever you're ready. Same goes for you, SquirrelWizard; it seems like you're focusing on more important matters, and I don't want to pile more on your plate.

Azlan

Guild Wars 2, I am blaming it as my reason for missing posting.  Seems legit, right?

Anyways, there wasn't a whole lot I was going to add.

Inumo

It seems I forgot to say this outright somewhere, and have just been heavily implying it by accident: Normal humans don't go into Avalon. They don't even know it exists. When they do go in, and do know it exists, it means something's gone wrong. So, if you're going to try and leave a good impression of humans, don't be in Avalon when you make your scene or whatever. I realize I probably made that difficult in the last plot post, since I skewed the description heavily towards Avalon's side of events, so I'll write this next post for those present without any major impression-making opportunities.

AmberCross

Wait, is the festival in avalon? I thought it sort of mingle-y. Although it probably doesn't matter too much in David's case. Too much pessimism so he's really not thinking in terms of "Imma do something impressive to convince these guys we aren't so bad!" Whatever happens in his case is going to be coincidental and fundamentally based on who he is, not something he's doing on purpose.

Inumo

It is in both Avalon and Joneswark, though Avalon has it in a more widespread fashion (it's all one big street party), whereas Joneswark has it more like the Superbowl (lots of revelry and good times in bars and the like, but not so much out in the streets). Since yours was rather ambiguous as to where David is (and I drew the Page of Pentacles >.>), I think I can get away with you having the opportunity for being a known face, at least, since I can throw you into either city.

EDIT: Huh. So, reading more in-depth into everyone's post, I find that the only one that isn't in Joneswark is Lorelei's. Sorry Azlan, but it looks like you're the only one that isn't going to at least have some way of sharing your face; I'm not going to delay for one person.

Azlan

I did not really have any idea what to post really, so I just posted her having fun.  There is no need to be a prick about it.

justacritic

Hello Meany I'm speaking to your character if you don't mind.

Inumo

Okay, so... between my sister's birthday, too much gaming, and homework, I'm probably going to be late with the post, and it may be a bit funky. Just FYI. If I don't catch any confusing/weird things tomorrow when I'm rested feel free to send me a PM and ask.

Azlan

Let me know if there is not enough naive idealism in her reply, my inherent cynicism can bleed through without my knowledge.  This is one of those questions that can have strong overriding opinions.

Azlan

Quote from: Inumo on December 10, 2012, 02:24:03 AM

Eight of Cups

The kappa sighs at Lorelei's edge over his mythical status.

This may not be what was intended.

Inumo

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. *goes to fix*

Inumo

Ugh, my bad on forgetting a post. I'll try to get one up by 8:30 AM (GMT-7) tomorr-- today.

AmberCross

I'd say this is my cue to post something quickly, but I'm fair distracted of late and won't have anything for this week. Maybe for next week too.

Inumo

So, it seems like we might be getting bogged down a bit in the menial back-and-forths of fake choices and quasi-dialogue. Do I have your guys' permission to expand reasoning to play out scenes via PM and do a bit of railroading if it's absolutely necessary? I'll try and make my fake-choice stuff a bit more actual-choice either way (for example, pointing out that inaction is always an option).

On a semi-related note, is anybody using the glossary in the first post, or should I just go ahead and nix it since I'm not sure what's still accurate and what isn't/what to share and what to keep secret?