01/22/2012 [FFC#3reboot] Every place you'd want to go all in one place.

Started by Garsemor, January 22, 2012, 05:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garsemor

Couldn't think up a title so I went for convoluted.
Now the idea that some ancient city or building built by a species form another world ends up creating multiple myths is a bit cliche, but it's it's nothing to major or story changing so really it's not a problem at all.

Turnsky

well considering the idea itself is older than dirt (watch chariots of the gods, man), it's also nothing 'new' i've always had this atlantis type city from the get go, i just changed its overall design from a free floating city to one that actually has proper bedrock.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Arrith

Let's just hope that it doesn't go the way of the tower of Babel.
That would be bad.
Or epic.
either/or.
I think I just jinxed it. then again if it's based sorta off atlantis it was always Jinxed.
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

justacritic

Is it going to be destroyed by a "wave"? On second thought I was being stupid... of course it's going to be destroyed by a wave, it just depends on what kind of wave. But still what is it about advanced civilizations and tall pointy towers and spires?

Garsemor

Quote from: justacritic on January 24, 2012, 08:47:15 AM
Is it going to be destroyed by a "wave"? On second thought I was being stupid... of course it's going to be destroyed by a wave, it just depends on what kind of wave. But still what is it about advanced civilizations and tall pointy towers and spires?

Tall and pointy things tend to amaze people, so it must be a way of showing of.

Turnsky

you folks prolly haven't even seen pics of Dubai, have you?

it doesn't take an advanced civilization to build tall spires, but rather any that has the will and the resources to do so.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_Khalifa

ShadesFox

Your spire is a lot bigger then theirs. It looks more like a wh40k hive city. Just how big is that thing anyways?
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 24, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
Your spire is a lot bigger then theirs. It looks more like a wh40k hive city. Just how big is that thing anyways?

close to OMGWTFHUGE. it's actually a city in its own right, the structure itself is hollow with the exception of 'green areas' interspacing every so often, i used the idea behind the arcology and ran with that.

Arrith

Why do i want to hum the tune for the  empire now? We don't have to worry about that thing destroying Alderaan right?
This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last. - Oscar Wilde

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak.  Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

here folks:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Turnsky/Sketches/lighthouseschem.jpg

the whole thing, overall is built like a spacecraft, or rather a colony vessel, it's self contained, can provide its own atmosphere, the lot. decks, bulkheads, built around a central core that extends well into the bedrock.
it's partially built on an island, it faces the east, where the surrounding structure also provides a breakwater shelter for the rest of the island. it's smack dab in the middle of the atlantic.

enjoy.