07/11/2011 [DMFA #1261] - Quell the Quill

Started by ChaosMageX, November 07, 2011, 03:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Quell her affections, that is.  Why mess up the running title theme?

I saw an opportunity, and I went for it, and this is first time I've been just in time to start the topic without getting ninja'd. :boogie

Their height difference is quite amusing.  It's like Jakob is her own personal lapdog...or plush toy. :giggle

Also, Quill appears to have gone back to just two fingers on each hand, though in the third panel it sort of looks like she has three fingers once more.
Being able to rapidly shape-shift any part of your body can be advantageous in combat, so she might be constantly practicing.  After all, it'd probably be quite a challenge to master dexterity of more than the number of fingers you were born with.

EDIT: Ever since I first saw Quill, I couldn't resist comparing her to the giraffe characters from Carpe Diem.  But now I wonder if I'm not the only who thinks she seriously looks a lot like Trent in the 3rd panel.  I mean, every time I look at that panel I keep getting a really strong déjà vu feeling, like I've seen either Josh or Trent with the same expression from the same camera angle.

Icon by Sunblink

FairWage22

I think the more disturbing thing is that if Jakob was busy asking the questions and talking and not picking up on the fact that it may have been the first time anyone *dared* to approach Quill, and only recently realized the gravity of his mistake.  That could also be why Mink is upset, too, if he's been hiding/dodging the trainer and her feelings are hurt...

Alternatively, it could be that every five to ten years Quill gets a crush... and heaven help the person of her attentions.

For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Merlin

Most importantly, Quill is correct about the shirtless Jakob thing :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wageslave94 on November 07, 2011, 04:03:06 AM
I think the more disturbing thing is that if Jakob was busy asking the questions and talking and not picking up on the fact that it may have been the first time anyone *dared* to approach Quill, and only recently realized the gravity of his mistake.

For empaths, they do seem to have dropped the ball somewhat...

Quote from: Merlin on November 07, 2011, 04:46:26 AM
I think you may be right.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Quote from: Wageslave94 on November 07, 2011, 04:03:06 AM

Alternatively, it could be that every five to ten years Quill gets a crush... and heaven help the person of her attentions.

That's sounds probable, given Brady has known this for eight years. She probably just crushes on anyone who gives her some attention, given that most would keep away I imagine she could be quite lonely.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kipiru

ChaosMageX

It look me this long to notice that Jakob has formed one of his wing tentacles into a third hand pointing back at his head to emphasize where Quill should be looking.  My mind doesn't function as well at this hour. :mowdizzy

He definitely doesn't want her gaze to drifting any lower than it already is.  This might just end in depantsu yet. >:3

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on November 07, 2011, 06:12:13 AM
Jakob finally snapped  :mowdizzy

Well, 'Cubi are highly emotional, as the saying goes...

Turnsky

no, this is not Jakob snapping.

depending on how well Quill takes rejection, that's when we'll see Jakob snapping.

>:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Arcblade

I'm not sure if it's Quill's accent, or Jakob's suffering (love the expression in panel 1), or the reversal of usual gender roles, or the fact that Quill is so...  huggy, but this page is hilarious to me.  Incessant giggling all morning!   Thank you, Amber!  ^__^

Kipiru

Quote from: Turnsky on November 07, 2011, 06:59:27 AM

no, this is not Jakob snapping.

depending on how well Quill takes rejection, that's when we'll see Jakob snapping.

>:3

I just saw that in the last panel Quill is holding Jakob with just one hand- so we are not just going to see him snapping, but also crackling, squishing and tearing  :U

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2011, 04:56:08 AM
And Project Future was never the same again... :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on November 07, 2011, 06:59:27 AM

If she figures it out.  Love seems to be even blinder than usual in her case.
Poor Quill - she should try to find herself a Demon or something.

justacritic

Don't forget her clan feeds on anger which might be she's getting a little loopy off of Jakob's reaction to this situation.

Xzenoo

Displeased Jakob is displeased.

And atm im being puzzled by Quills accent, the notable use of V instead of W indicates a slavic accent (Correct me if you think otherwise), but "Tis good look for you" made me think of a Scottish/Irish accent in the form "Tis be the fines scotch around fer ye!" without "For" or "you" converted, could it be....a Scottish slavic accent?? :boom

Rex_sun

So I have to admit I am confused about Quill.

As a trans, I'm always interested and supportive of gender ambiguity in forms of media. I love that Mink's gender is not revealed-- I don't want to know!

But as for Quill... Does anyone know? Flat chest, and yet "she"?

Is this just chalked up to crazy cubi hijinks? Does transgenderism exist in cubi, who are free to change at any time? If this isn't crazy cubi hijinks... is Quill biologically male or female? If Quill is sex female gender male, why refer to Quill as she? If Quill is sex male gender female and requested (or threatened opposition) to be called "she", why the masculine appearance (that is, such an obvious display of flat chest, which mtf aren't often comfortable with)? Or is there some other explanation? Sex f, gender f, but bodybuilding has created a flat chest?

I understand that I'm supposed to view Mink as ambiguous. I don't understand how I'm supposed to view Quill. ^^;; Help, folks?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rex_sun on November 07, 2011, 09:31:36 AM

I still think it's to cut down the attack surface.  Combat veteran, after all.

joshofspam

Communication is a necesarry element of any relationship I hear.

Oddly enough, it's the same for any interview.

How many people do you know get to know their drill Sargent while their still in boot camp. I figure it might be a little like that. Sure people learning from her might give her respect after they learn from her, but how many of her students actually get to know the Quill or just listen to her after asking questions?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lore

I am fully supportive of this pairing. Quill is also my new favorite character.

Alondro

Jakob's predicaiment is Charline AND Princess Molestia-approved!   >:3

Quill:  Don't vorry much, Jakob!  I vill try not to crush your body to pulp vile love-making!  Zha others... vere accidents...  :tighthug

*Jakob EPIC FLAIL!!*   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sunblink

"You being gone... it vas like compound spiral fracture of femur... but in my heart."

Wow, Quill, you have the soul of a poet.

Madmann135

Well there are numerous medical reasons and combat reasons why Quill is flat chested.
1 - It has been found that when women work out and develop muscles on Quill's level their bust size tends to be small.
2 - As Jakob said earlier It is a common practice among amazons to cut one breast for better archery accuracy, this implies that Quill could have had a breast reduction in order to be more maneuverable.
3 - Her family line could be naturally flat chested.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 07, 2011, 11:13:41 AM
Well there are numerous medical reasons and combat reasons why Quill is flat chested.
1 - It has been found that when women work out and develop muscles on Quill's level their bust size tends to be small.
2 - As Jakob said earlier It is a common practice among amazons to cut one breast for better archery accuracy, this implies that Quill could have had a breast reduction in order to be more maneuverable.
3 - Her family line could be naturally flat chested.

Well...For what it's worth, being a race of shape shifters probably means that being small or big is a mute point about actual chest size. For a shape shifter, it's probably no difference then an accessory like earrings and clothes. But that probably could be said about anything that involved shape shifting, depending on the cubi.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: joshofspam on November 07, 2011, 11:27:11 AM

Well...For what it's worth, being a race of shape shifters probably means that being small or big is a mute point about actual chest size. For a shape shifter, it's probably no difference then an accessory like earrings and clothes. But that probably could be said about anything that involved shape shifting, depending on the cubi.

We have seen evidence, however (think of when Abel shapeshifted some clothes on and then went to sleep) that there's at least some minimal level of concentration necessary to hold onto your shapeshifting. Especially if she's trying to keep her bust small for combat purposes, it might serve to have something a little more permanent than constantly shapeshifting it smaller.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 07, 2011, 11:48:55 AM
We have seen evidence, however (think of when Abel shapeshifted some clothes on and then went to sleep) that there's at least some minimal level of concentration necessary to hold onto your shapeshifting.

From what Amber's said, there seem to be ways to do it more permanently, e.g. when Aniz was being Cid.  In Abel's case it was an impromptu decision so he didn't take the time to set it up more permanently because it was a short-term bodge and he didn't figure on becoming unconscious.

Infranscia

Oh wow.  I wasn't expecting that scenario. XD  Like others mentioned, the interview bit, the 'spiral fracture,' the wing-hand (which admittedly took me a minute to notice, but three hands pointing is still a nice touch)...  Overall, nice one. X3  It's even kind of cute in an odd way.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2011, 04:56:08 AM

All of Tape's characters look good shirtless. I suspect it's part of the criteria. They must be able to use their manly chest to deflect all varieties of woe and trouble, or in Jakob's case, questions about that Cross guy.

joshofspam

I kind of like how Jakob is using his wing tentacles as extra hands to drive home the point of looking up into his eyes or down as the case may be.

That's a lot of pointing.

techmaster-glitch

Awwwww. She really likes him! :3

Quote from: Rex_sun on November 07, 2011, 09:31:36 AM
So I have to admit I am confused about Quill.

As a trans, I'm always interested and supportive of gender ambiguity in forms of media. I love that Mink's gender is not revealed-- I don't want to know!

...Sex f, gender f, but bodybuilding has created a flat chest?
Bodybuilding and maybe a little shapeshifting, but yes, that's exactly what's going on here, I'm sure. I'm a little surprised that a claimed trans seems hung up on the idea that chest must necessarily have to do with it, and while it is the single simplest visual cue for such identifying, Quill here is the perfect example of how this is not always the case. Besides, as a shapeshifter, there's nothing that says she can't just give herself a touch more 'definition' for the benefit of her partner when she wants to get really intimate.  :mowwink

Even with the flat chest, I am really liking Quill here. Big...strong...affectionate woman. Mmmmm.

...Are you crazy, Jakob? Go for it! She's totally into you, you'd be a fool to pass this up! :U

Surzsha

Well hey, different guys like different women. Though I will admit Quill is quite the looker, with her muscles and tall physique.

Then again, unwilling relationships wouldn't be fun if there wasn't some objection from the target. Maybe that's what Quill likes, as well as the anger coming out of Jakob's face. It does look kinda cute.