04/11/2011 [DMFA #1260] - Wrath of the Quill

Started by Tapewolf, November 04, 2011, 02:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That looks about right.  And now we know how long Brady has been teaching there.

Not completely sure what Quill sees in him, mind...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RandomMetaphysics

I do believe a few people called this :U
and yet I still laughed out loud :3

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 04, 2011, 02:05:49 AM
That looks about right.  And now we know how long Brady has been teaching there.

Yes, but now I have two questions in place of the previous one.

1) Why does Mink seem so frightened?
2) How many professors were there before Brady?

Dard

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on November 04, 2011, 02:08:28 AM
Yes, but now I have two questions in place of the previous one.

Mink fears the prospect of maybe becoming the target of Quill's affection somewhere in the future.
2) How many professors were there before Brady?
Well, he is a being, he sure isn't immortal, so it was clear from the beginning that there were others before him.

Infranscia

Quote from: Dard on November 04, 2011, 02:50:01 AM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on November 04, 2011, 02:08:28 AMYes, but now I have two questions in place of the previous one.

Mink fears the prospect of maybe becoming the target of Quill's affection somewhere in the future.

Mink could also pretty much be sympathizing for Jakob.

Okay, looks like a number of people called it.  Though I do wonder if she still has ulterior motives or something.  Like maybe this really is her way of torturing someone. :mowwink  If I had to guess, Jakob probably isn't the only one she's done it to, either.  Brady's speech doesn't give clues either way, but I'm guessing she's done this to a number of people.  Or if it really is affectionate, maybe it's a 'shirtless guy' thing? </random guess>  I dunno, just throwing out possibilities.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

joshofspam

What do you think the chances are to get Jakob out of Quill's grasp?

I'm guessing it would take a miracle.

Though I find it strange that Mink has twice tended to shy away from individuals like huggling Quill here and friendly Oolong. I wonder whats making Mink so cautious? Well, he has probably  been here longer then probably most students.

Something I have thought of is we don't even know whick clan Jakob belongs to in Amber's comic. Jakob could be a Taun himself here.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Saist

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on November 04, 2011, 02:07:01 AM
I do believe a few people called this :U
and yet I still laughed out loud :3

*pouts*

Well, there still is time for de-pantsu before it's over.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on November 04, 2011, 03:27:52 AM
What do you think the chances are to get Jakob out of Quill's grasp?

You wait until she lets go, I think.  Jakob could morph into something smaller or another shape and break her grip but I imagine that would be even worse in the long run.

He might have a bad reaction to horror and panic. 

Quote from: Dard on November 04, 2011, 02:50:01 AM
Depends on SAIA rules.  Usually, teacher-student relationships aren't supposed to be that affectionate.  Jakob's either on contract or a faculty member though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 04, 2011, 02:05:49 AM
Not completely sure what Quill sees in him, mind...

Maybe her preferred flavour is horror and panic? Just throwing that out there, as it were...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

dravus

*laughs* even the biggest and toughest creatures just want a good snuggle sometimes

just goes to show....you can never judge a book by it's cover  :3

Kipiru

Sooo ,they call it fighting lessons these days, huh? Well, Jakob doesn't seem to be too eager a warrior  >:3

Mao

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on November 04, 2011, 06:13:16 AM
Sooo ,they call it fighting lessons these days, huh? Well, Jakob doesn't seem to be too eager a warrior  >:3

Well, he is being squished by a married warrior woman who is probably older than Fa'Lina(*), looks like a man and could snap him in two.  I'm not sure that's exactly Jakob's dream date...

(*)Depending on when Taun ascended

Amber Williams

Actually Quill is single.  :3

Handy Guide to battle-masters:

Brady: Being, handles basic
Artemis: Cubi, handles basic
???: Cubi, handles advanced (married)
???: Demon, handles advanced (married)
Quill: Cubi, Handles expert and oversees entire department (single)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 04, 2011, 07:08:52 AM
Actually Quill is single.  :3

That explains a bit.  Evidently got her confused with one of Taun's other daughters.

justacritic

Apparently all the battle professors had to learn never to get between Quill snuggles,
I wonder if some of them ended on the receiving end as well, turning it into a crushing group hug  :mwaha

MT Hazard

I'd be interested what the reaction to the comic would be if the genders were reversed.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kipiru

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 04, 2011, 07:02:28 AM
Quote from: Kipiru on November 04, 2011, 06:13:16 AM
Sooo ,they call it fighting lessons these days, huh? Well, Jakob doesn't seem to be too eager a warrior  >:3

Well, he is being squished by a married warrior woman who is probably older than Fa'Lina(*), looks like a man and could snap him in two.  I'm not sure that's exactly Jakob's dream date...

(*)Depending on when Taun ascended

I can see your point, but still she has a lovely neck  :mowtongue

Alondro

*Charline gasps in horror!*  Jakob is being molesternated!  And I don't have my video camera!  *runs off swiftly to get it!*  ;3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Xzenoo

I think the snuggling of a ages old battleworn cubi combat master, would be something more like being mauled by a bear elephant :erk, although I would sure like to see quill smash some bricks later on :D

Lore

I see Jakob is only so much like Tapewolf... he's horrified, but he hasn't died of shock yet.  >:3

McKathlin

"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Xzenoo on November 04, 2011, 11:15:43 AM...like being mauled by a bear elephant :erk,

What's that? I've never heard of that species.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Spooks on November 04, 2011, 12:01:02 PM
I see Jakob is only so much like Tapewolf... he's horrified, but he hasn't died of shock yet.  >:3

*snerk*

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 04, 2011, 12:29:46 PM
Quote from: Xzenoo on November 04, 2011, 11:15:43 AM...like being mauled by a bear elephant :erk,

It's just like a normal elephant, only with no clothes on. Hope that helps...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

It might have been more like that the first few times.

Madmann135

Some men go for the tall and strong female.  One look at those arms and those hips and she was on my amazon list.
THOUGH for Dan she does not qualify.  Her eyes and her bust are not all that great.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

MT Hazard

Is it odd that my first thought about this strip was

"It must be tough for brandy to have no (meaningful) sense of touch in his hands "?

I mean they look like claws but seem to bend like fingers.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

D'ymkarra

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2011, 12:53:49 PM

*snerk*

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 04, 2011, 12:29:46 PM

It's just like a normal elephant, only with no clothes on. Hope that helps...

I sea what you did there.