Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

System Requirements:
        Operating system: Windows Vista 32-bit
        Processor: : Core2 Duo or equivalent
        Memory: 2 GB RAM
        Hard disk space: 2-GB free space
        Video: 512 MB DirectX 10
        Sound: Any Windows Vista compatible sound device, stereo speakers or head phones
        DirectX®: February 2010 or newer (DX10)
        Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers
        Internet required for online play. LAN required for local multiplayer. 8 player multiplayer.

WHAT is it?:
        Turn-based space strategy game. Research techs, design ships, sweet-talk alien races, and MURDER THE HELL OUTTA YOUR ENEMIES in time-limited, Real-Time combat. Look up a few vids of the combat for Sword of the Stars on YouTube. It'll be mostly that.

Races: Plucky Humans, Warrior Tarka, Devoted Hiver, Herm-Fish Liir and Marsupial Zuul, Avian Morrigi, and the feared Suul'Ka finally make their fashionably late appearance.

Release Date: Currently 10/28/2011, Demo is expected.

Uhmmmm... Sign here if you've pre-ordered and/or getting it?
* Drayco84 shrugs and signs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll pass, Vista sucks the life out of anything it's installed on, and I'd need a licence for it anyway.

And my current gaming machine doesn't have Vista, only XP. Or the free disk space. Other than that, though, it more than matches them, apart from maybe DX.

Shame, really. Sounds like the sort of game I enjoy...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Drayco84

The main problem seems to be getting DirectX 10 on a comp. Since I still have XP, it's something I -WILL- be looking into. (Obviously, it won't ever be officially supported, since it's hacking XP, more or less.)

Failing that, there's always copies of Windows 7 on Newegg, and I hear the 1st SP for Vista simply disables most of the crap that was borking the hell outta it. I'll never get it, because I saw it on Launch Day...

"Seriously? You have NOTHING in the Device Manager?" *Uses screen-sharing program to check.* "Holy crap, sir. Okay, if it was me, I'd RETURN that thing ASAP."

Hey, I was tech support for an ISP. We didn't screw around with BS like that.

EDIT: Using Download from the link here: http://techie-buzz.com/softwares/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp.html. I'll let people know if it works in a couple days or so.

Railock

Drayco84

Okay... For those that MIGHT be on the fence for getting this game and HAVEN'T heard the fiasco Kerberos has dug themselves into... HOLD OFF ON THIS GAME.

TL;DR: They launched an Obvious Beta.