New Backstory

Started by Tapewolf, October 14, 2011, 08:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Okay folks, I didn't want to announce this until I was sure, but for some time now I've been working on Azrael's back-story.

Originally I planned to run it after Dark Angel, but I had an artist enquire about drawing it late last year.  Sadly that didn't pan out, but a month or so ago I approached someone else about it on the off-chance, and to my amazement they said "yes".
I'm not going to say who it is yet, but I suspect many people will recognise his style :3

Anyway, I now have the first two pages, and the plan is to update it once a fortnight(*), on Tuesdays.

When 'Dark Angel' comes back online, which we are hoping to do in November, that will be running on the alternate Tuesday.

(*) one fortnight = 14 nights, i.e. every two weeks.  Seems to be disused in US English

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2011, 08:07:52 AM(*) one fortnight = 14 nights, i.e. every two weeks.  Seems to be disused in US English

How many calendars have you seen arranged in fortnights instead of single weeks per month?  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Merlin

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 16, 2011, 07:53:18 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2011, 08:07:52 AM(*) one fortnight = 14 nights, i.e. every two weeks.  Seems to be disused in US English

How many calendars have you seen arranged in fortnights instead of single weeks per month?  :mowwink

Uhhh... does it count if they are arranged by both? Like, you got your fortnights highlighted, because every second Thursday is the most important day of the fortnight.

maybe it's a commonwealth thing, I dunno

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2011, 08:07:52 AM
(*) one fortnight = 14 nights, i.e. every two weeks.  Seems to be disused in US English

don't forget that americans tend to not like to use metric all that much either.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Raskahn

That is good news indeed :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 16, 2011, 07:53:18 PM
How many calendars have you seen arranged in fortnights instead of single weeks per month?  :mowwink

You can buy them if you want.  Mine are always arranged per month, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on October 16, 2011, 10:58:00 PM
(*) one fortnight = 14 nights, i.e. every two weeks.  Seems to be disused in US English

don't forget that americans tend to not like to use metric all that much either.  >:3

They're all backwards like that, yes. Heck, even the Imperials have stopped using Imperial measurements...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 17, 2011, 05:48:15 AM
(*) one fortnight = 14 nights, i.e. every two weeks.  Seems to be disused in US English

They're all backwards like that, yes. Heck, even the Imperials have stopped using Imperial measurements...

If inches were good enough for Grandpa to measure the whippin' switch they're good enough for me.

Also, no,  nobody uses fortnight over here unless they're trying to sound British. It's 50/50 if they could tell you how long a fortnight is either.

Tapewolf

Just as a reminder, the new comic is now live.

Gabi

I've heard the word fortnight many times, but I can't say I know the country of origin of every person who said it.

In any case it makes more sense than the Spanish version, "quincena", which means 15 days but is often used for two-week periods. It seems like people can't tell the difference between 14 and 15 around here.

And yay, new backstory! ^_^
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on October 19, 2011, 09:50:43 AM
And yay, new backstory! ^_^

Some comments and feedback about it would have been nice, hint hint... ;-)

justacritic

what's there to comment about for now? it seems to be the typical teenage rebellion stage although Az's reasons are different from most teens I know... but Az has such a fluffy tail :mowcookie

AmigaDragon

I don't know about that "don't like" part. I remember 30 years ago they were talking about changing to metric but it just never happened. Canada is metric now and yet when I hear Canadian National rail crews on my scanner, they're still talking in miles instead of kilometers.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2011, 08:33:39 AMSome comments and feedback about it would have been nice, hint hint... ;-)

I'm reserving comments until more pages come out. First page is too early judge it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

The Canadian National crews may be referring to mileposts that are many years old.  Even when the routes change and the distances change, they keep the same mileposts, meaning that the mileposts aren't a mile apart.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.