Animated flyby's of Saturn and moons

Started by Alondro, September 08, 2011, 02:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

I found this today and thought it was awesome. 

Saturn in HD

It's made from combining hundreds of thousands of images from the Cassini space probe. 

I need to watch it at home on my laptop to properly appreciate it because our old PC at work pixelates it horribly and makes it jerk and pause often because the video card is so old it can barely handle the video processing!

Heck, it usually has trouble with Youtube.

But this is so cool.  No more shakey, fuzzy grey film footage of distant worlds.  Now we can see them in true color, with dazzling clarity.  It makes them seem more real, almost touchable, hopefully re-inspiring us to go beyond our limits and reach for the stars once more (rather than squabbling over NASA's tiny relatively small expense while the losses just from fraud in Medicare and Social Security each year would likely cover NASA's total budget for more than a decade).
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Inumo

I think the jerkiness is inherent; when I watched it, it did the same. Prolly part of the whole "image series" bit.

rabid_fox

Doesn't look at all real. I'm not doubting it is, but it looks like an animation software test.

Oh dear.