Unresolved plotlines, threads, holes and other things

Started by Frost Byte, June 29, 2011, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frost Byte

This is in reply to:
Quote from: Turnsky on June 15, 2011, 01:36:44 AMAnywho: i actually need help for this one, and i know my eyes aren't that discerning, but as far pre-ariannia goes. i need a list of unresolved plotlines, threads, holes and other things that just do not make a real amount of sense in the comic proper. see if i can't resolve/retcon/omit those depending on importance during the whole shebang.

I'm actually gonna 'pre-script' this time around, instead of 'by the set of my pants' like i've always done.

I am by no means a professional at this sort of thing so take what I say with a grain of salt. That being said, from my point of view here are somethings that I saw/have questions about.

A secret organization kidnapping people in a public crowded area seems contridictiary to the whole secret part. Maybe try while they were walking back home or to the car after the bar closed.

Chapter 1

Page 1 - What is the top panels for? This page also seems out of place, he wakes up unshackled and then in the next page he is restrained and starts off asleep.

Page 6 - Luke and Mary seem to have formed an intimate relationship just from the time they spent in the back of the van?

Page 10 - The flashback sequence starting at this page just seems out of place.

Page 17 - Am I to understand that all the kidnapped people were at the same bar that night? Does this mean there was some pre-exisiting relationship between them all?

Chapter 2

Page 36 - The guy they found in the empty office, his whole personality seems to change and shift in a different direction at this page. First he mean to them and worried about being turned into them (got that impression from teh thought bubbles in an earlier page) and now he's saying the general is a good guys and he wants to help them now.

I'm also getting lost of the players in this chapter between Pierce, the Capernicans, the government, the inspectors, etc... and who is doing what at certain times (like who's spying on who, who the guy in the covert ops outfit is working for).

Page 76 - Its a little hard to understand how they were saved from that blast.

Page 87 - Does/will the president play a role in the story?

*After thought - not that its important or anything but what became of the Doctor who helped them in the first place and who was the guy in the invisible suit. (This is more out of curiosity)

Red Wolf

Page 14 - The Soviet guy in charge seems to change rather radically at this point from yelling at his men to kill the beast to stopping them from shooting.

Page 20 - So the guy being told the story does not know there is what seems a Manitou Univiersity down in the vault? Did he not go to this place when he was young to be taught by Marc?

Turnsky

now see? this i like.
Redwolf and the flashback sequence are going to be retconned and consolidated into the prologue. This was one of the key things that irked me about book one's writing. Talk about scattered, neh?

as for the beginning at the bar? i'm changing that and a key piece of 'how they were all in the same place' will be explained as well.

among other things.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen