An interesting author name I stumbled on

Started by Castle Pokemetroid, June 27, 2011, 04:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Pokemetroid

Dick Pound?

That can't be real, can it? The title of the book is also ridiculous.

When I saw that, I couldn't help but laugh.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note that the image on the front cover is a little bit of subtle commentary on the name, too.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 27, 2011, 07:23:17 AM
I note that the image on the front cover is a little bit of subtle commentary on the name, too.

Here's a quote from one of the customer reviews:

Quote"Throughout the text, Mr. Pound has proved himself both a master debater in the face of rather daunting issues regarding the Olympic Games, as well as a cunning linguist with his mastery of prose. The narrative itself deeply penetrates into the confluxated veil of secrecy that surrounds virtually every aspect of these Games. Furthermore, while some authors would pull out of exploring these issues when they become overly sensitive or otherwise uncomfortable, Mr. Pound shows both vigor and stamina in what fulminates in an overall satisfying climax.

Most importantly, however, Mr. Pound has demonstrated that it is more than possible to work as a writer while being apparently entirely devoid the faculties of irony."

That's also a subtle commentary on the writer's name. It's a rather ingenious review on the book itself, if nothing else.

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's terribly amusing. And full of tongue-in-cheek irony, no less.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charles ironies his shirts on washing day...*   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif