24/01/2011 [DMFA# 1191] - Plotting!

Started by Ghostwish, January 24, 2011, 08:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Well, I thought his favorite food was roasted duck. Perhaps this is his favorite snack? :D

Scrap Fish

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 24, 2011, 08:49:54 AM
Well, I thought his favorite food was roasted duck. Perhaps this is his favorite snack? :D

I dunno if there's really any 'Plotting' here.  I see it now.  I still would have called it "Sweet dreams are made of these", but maybe that's just me :P

Anyway - I like Jyrras' eyes, I don't think Amber usually draws them with the pupils like that, if it's an experiment, I think it worked.

And yes, it's good to see Abel get a break.  (Even if he shouldn't strictly be able to dream and apparently hasn't for hundreds of years.)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2011, 08:59:45 AM
I dunno if there's really any 'Plotting' here.  I would have called it "Sweet dreams are made of these", but maybe that's just me :P

Damn you for getting that song stuck in my head! XD

Madmann135

A Hex on you Amber, A hex on you Able... you have gotten me wanting *cue dramatic music* S'mores.

If this dream is what happens when Deebs is involved... She may be the most diabolical thing to be accidentally created.  Anyone who can get others to have 'gumdrops and lollipops' dreams is borderline evil.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Caswin

Heh heh heh heh heh... oh, Abel.  I think you had this one coming.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Bakoneko

And yet he's still dreaming!  Has some sort of switch been flipped in his brain so he's just going to dream all the time now, like a creature?  Or is this a sugary, fluffy sign that something's still wrong?

Looks like those of us who haven't stopped worrying about Abel since Abel's Story aren't out of a job just yet.  :mowwink

~ Bakoneko >^^<
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Naldru

I think that the appropriate pun would be that we want s'more of these.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bakoneko on January 24, 2011, 10:42:06 AM
And yet he's still dreaming!  Has some sort of switch been flipped in his brain so he's just going to dream all the time now, like a creature?  Or is this a sugary, fluffy sign that something's still wrong?

Difficult to say at this stage.  If I were him, I'd ask Fa'Lina about it next time I saw her...

Anyway, welcome aboard and don't forget to read the forum rules if you haven't already done so.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bakoneko

QuoteAnyway, welcome aboard and don't forget to read the forum rules if you haven't already done so.

Thank you!  I did, and I promise I'll be good.  DMFA's been my favorite webcomic for years, so it's way past time I registered, even though I don't often have a whole lot to say besides "Love it!"

Also: Jyrras saved Deebs from the evil book monster.  Awwwww...

~ Bakoneko >^^<
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

AxiLarin

And yes, it's good to see Abel get a break.  (Even if he shouldn't strictly be able to dream and apparently hasn't for hundreds of years.)
I definately agree with that.  After dreaming about dead friends and scary Pip monsters, being able to have a dream all about s'more paradise is... quite amazing.  But I wonder why happy dreams after such shocking revelations.  Is it the knowlege that Devin still exists, even if he is undead?  Or perhaps the effects of alcohol on a sleeping Cubi's mind.. especially one with an affinity of misery?

Escher

My reaction to today's strip:

OMG CUTE ABEL WITH SMORES

That is all.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on January 24, 2011, 10:42:36 AM
I think that the appropriate pun would be that we want s'more of these.

Yes, they're very more-ish...

Quote from: Bakoneko on January 24, 2011, 10:58:20 AM
~ Bakoneko >^^<

... I was going to say "ooo, a stupid kitty", but that'd be bakaneko, wouldn't it? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shachza

Quote from: AxiLarin on January 24, 2011, 12:12:43 PM
I definately agree with that.  After dreaming about dead friends and scary Pip monsters, being able to have a dream all about s'more paradise is... quite amazing.  But I wonder why happy dreams after such shocking revelations.  Is it the knowlege that Devin still exists, even if he is undead?  Or perhaps the effects of alcohol on a sleeping Cubi's mind.. especially one with an affinity of misery?

It could still be a diabolic nightmare; he could be dreaming about getting morbidly obese by eating way to many s'mores...   :mwaha
            <-- #1 that is!

Alondro

*Charline wickedly interferes with with Abel's dreams*  Abel bites into a marshmallow and finds... Devin's severed arm.   :U  And one by one, body parts and heads are found of the entire adventuring party from long ago, and the heads speak and blame Abel for their demise since he's a cubi.   >:3

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

MT Hazard

What Jy is saying here is something I've though myself in regards to potentially dangerous people/ creatures, capacity to not equal intent or desire to harm. After all, every able bodied human  in the world has the capacity to commit murder yet the majority do not. Just because a person has the power to melt your head doesn't mean he will.

Unfortunately, as a society we are more likely to be prejudice against those with the increased ability to do harm than take the steps to make a harmonious society. If we did people would be less likely to be violent, irrespective of their ability to do harm.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

nevwyn

I dunno which one looks more tasty the giant s'mores bits or Abel. Both are likely to give me sugar nightmares.  :mowcookie

Blackwolf359

Now Abel just needs a fire for roasting and he'll be having the best dream possible.
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

Infranscia

Cuuuuuuute~! :mowhappy  I think I'll turn that 'mallow hug into my avatar for another forum.  Maybe one of those 'fan' bars...

Yeah, one can only guess at why Abel's dreaming at this point, and personally, all my current guesses seem kinda iffy.

Abel's headwings don't seem to be showing, and I know they're not hidden.  But I guess they're just folded back, or something.

@ Blackwolf: He's got fires for roasting
Marshmallows for toasting
And chocolate bits raining like snow :mowcookie
Much unlike the backstories
Of murders so gory
And dark dreams of so long ago

It's the most, wonderful dream of the yeeeaaaarrrr!
</earworm>

EDIT: Oh yes, I think it's safe to say that this comic is rather cavity inducing. :mowwink
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

iceick

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2011, 01:36:23 PM
Quote from: Bakoneko on January 24, 2011, 10:58:20 AM
~ Bakoneko >^^<

... I was going to say "ooo, a stupid kitty", but that'd be bakaneko, wouldn't it? ;-]
Actually, that is his screen name signature. A few people like to put their screen name at the end of their posts.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 24, 2011, 10:49:23 AM
Quote from: Bakoneko on January 24, 2011, 10:42:06 AM

Difficult to say at this stage.  If I were him, I'd ask Fa'Lina about it next time I saw her...
I'm guessing that Abel's dreaming has to do with the fact that he is no longer under the protection of SAIA.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Blackwolf359 on January 24, 2011, 02:58:35 PM

Now Abel just needs a fire for roasting and he'll be having the best dream possible.

Not a problem.   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Shachza on January 24, 2011, 01:53:43 PM
It could still be a diabetic nightmare; he could be dreaming about getting morbidly obese by eating way to many s'mores... 

Fixed  :giggle
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

lilpuppy23

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

It looks like Abel would make a great step-daddy for Deebs; they already share a love for mallows... :3

. . .

. . .

And yes, I ship Jyrras/Abel! :P

Quote from: Infranscia on January 24, 2011, 03:15:41 PM
Cuuuuuuute~! :mowhappy  I think I'll turn that 'mallow hug into my avatar for another forum.  Maybe one of those 'fan' bars...

Yes, I agree! We totally need a 'fan' bar of the mallow hug Abel!  :mowhappy

Corgatha Taldorthar

Now, if when he wakes up, his pillow is missing, then I'll laugh uproariously.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Jasonrevall

Nice change of pace I would say. Darn cute too.

Anyway - I like Jyrras' eyes, I don't think Amber usually draws them with the pupils like that, if it's an experiment, I think it worked.

I do think it has changed slightly recently. The eyes seem to pop out more.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Anker Steadfast

I wonder where Abel has learned this strange craving for sweets ?
Perhaps Fa'Lina has an extra class named "Sweets and you - Why muffins reign supreme!"  ?  :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Arroyo Milori

...ffff I actually want to see a desktop background of Abel and smores now D:

John Roh

If the giant chocolate and marshmellow are sticky all that fur will make it a nightmare

Tenfey

I have not the skills nor patience to craft smores proper, and thus must resort to smores pop-tarts.

They are delectable.