Pokemon >w<

Started by Nikki, August 10, 2006, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjannihilator

The problem also might be that your ROM is corrupted and has nothing to do with the emulator. ROMs for Pokemon Emerald, and Ruby and Sapphire(v1.2) do not work on any emulator I've tried out. Earlier versions of Ruby and Sapphire do work though.

Dakata

Don't R/S/E roms have a...clock problem or something? So you can't grow berries or anything? Could've sworn a Ruby rom of mine had that problem. My berries never grew 'cuz they waz ded. D:

I think you need a patch to fix it.

ninjannihilator

That's only if you don't put a real time clock on your emulator. If you go to the options menu and checkmark the clock you won't have any problems.

Kenji

Quote from: Dakata on November 20, 2006, 09:33:22 PM
Don't R/S/E roms have a...clock problem or something? So you can't grow berries or anything? Could've sworn a Ruby rom of mine had that problem. My berries never grew 'cuz they waz ded. D:

The real games also had such a problem. After a year of game time, the berry glitch would kick in and no berries would grow. Until you linked with Emerald, Fire, Leaf, XD, Colosseum, downloaded Jirachi, or went to an EB/Gamestop/Babbages for the berry patch.

ninjannihilator

Quote from: FireKatKid on November 20, 2006, 10:15:37 PM
Quote from: Dakata on November 20, 2006, 09:33:22 PM

The real games also had such a problem. After a year of game time, the berry glitch would kick in and no berries would grow. Until you linked with Emerald, Fire, Leaf, XD, Colosseum, downloaded Jirachi, or went to an EB/Gamestop/Babbages for the berry patch.

Or replaced the batteries. It never happens with an emulator since there are no batteries. As long as you don't abuse of QuickSave features.

God-Beast

Alright, God-Beast, I'd appreciate your help. Here are my questions about the new abilities:

Ability: Gluttony
Effect: This pokemon eats held berries faster. Just... how much faster?

aparently 50% faster, not sure.

Ability: Magic Guard
Effect: Only attacks that do damage work against this pokemon. Can pokemon with this ability heal themselves?

Just as everyone else.

Ability: Quick Feet
Effect: if this pokemon is burnt, paralyzed or poisoned, its speed increases 1 grade. Is the speed decrease that comes with paralysis ignored or not?

Paralysis doesn't decrease speed...just negates your moves randomly.

Ability: Skill Link
Effect: Raises number of hits when using moves that hit multiple times. How much?

For every hit it normaly does, there's a random chance to hit again.

Ability: Snipe
Effect: When this pokemon inflicts a Critical Hit, the base power of the attack increases. How much?

25%.

Ability: Sun Power
Effect: When Sunny Day is in effect, HP decreases 1/8 each turn but Special Attack increases 1 grade. Is this correct? Please confirm.

i don't know about the 1/8 thing.

Ability: Technician
Effect: This pokemon's weak moves (which ones?) increase in power. How much?

i guess it depends on the pokemon's level...aparently all atacks less or equal  than 50 pts.

And how exactly does Poison Heal work? Each guide says something different! Could you test it, please?

i know that toxic inflicts a different form of poison status.This status effect usually comes in a variety of forms, such as on fire, cold, etc. A character who is affected by Poison takes damage at a regular rate (once a turn, usually). In some games, this drain of HP is not able to kill the character, but leaves him or her so weak that even the most pathetic of attacks can defeat him or her. Some games also have an "On Fire" effect, which is very similar. EarthBound, which still has this status effect, also has a similar, weaker version known as "cold." Several Final Fantasy titles also have a status called "Seizure," which works similar to Poison, but cannot be cured with items that normally cure the latter. In Pokemon, the attack Toxic confers a special form of Poison, where the damage inflicted doubles every subsequent round.

Then I have another question... there are some attacks that require physical contact and others that don't (this affects abilities like Cute Charm, Rough Skin and Static). Are the ones that do the same attacks that are classed as Physical (as opposed of Special) in Diamond/Pearl?

i guess so i don't recall all...but the attack itself explains this...there are all kinds of attacks physcal and normal and fighting are the ones you're in doubt, might be at least...

Thanks in advance.

you're welcome. :)

if i failed somewhere and didn't notice yet you have this to check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_effect

other than that only playing those games and checking with attention is the best solution! ;)

Gabi

Paralysis DOES decrease your speed. It ALSO negates moves randomly.

I didn't ask how Toxic worked, I know how it works; I asked how the ability Poison Heal works.

I don't have the games, otherwise I would have tested myself. I have no questions about status effects.

I think I can use some the information on Magic Guard and Technician (for Technician, I will assume a power increase similar to that of Sunny Day for Fire moves or Rain Dance for Water moves). Thank you.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nikki

k...i need a team rating (New FireRed)

KABUTO/Vincent
Lv23
Dig
Harden
Giga Drain
Surf

DRATINI/Yazoo
lv25
Wrap
Dragon Rage
Thunder Rage
Twister

CHARIZARD/Kadaj
lv46
Slash
Fly
Flamethrower
Blast Burn

GROWLITHE/Reno
lv26
Roar
Ember
Take Down
Odor Sleuth

JOLTEON/Nirvana
lv35
Helping Hand
Double kick
Bite
Quick attack

AERODACTYL/Lance
lv8
Wing Attack
Agility

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gabi

I don't do team rating. My policy is "go with whatever you like as long as it works for you". But there's a subforum here where people are often eager to rate teams.

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Xze-Xze on November 23, 2006, 12:15:20 AM
k...i need a team rating (New FireRed)

KABUTO/Vincent
Lv23
Dig
Harden
Giga Drain
Surf

DRATINI/Yazoo
lv25
Wrap
Dragon Rage
Thunder Rage
Twister

CHARIZARD/Kadaj
lv46
Slash
Fly
Flamethrower
Blast Burn

GROWLITHE/Reno
lv26
Roar
Ember
Take Down
Odor Sleuth

JOLTEON/Nirvana
lv35
Helping Hand
Double kick
Bite
Quick attack

AERODACTYL/Lance
lv8
Wing Attack
Agility

let's see...

first of all, get an electric type move on that jolteon. I reccomend thunderbolt if you have the tm. thunder may be more powerfull, but when you factor in accuracy (100% vs 75%) thunderbolt is much better. beyond that, they're all low enough in level that I really can't say. be sure to pick up an abra, especially if you have the ability to trade it to another game and back. also, starmie is an absolute killer, with a moveset like recover, thundrbolt, ice beam, and surf.
in-game,  just about anything can beat it if leveled high enough. if you're looking for good final movesets for pokemon, smogon.com is probably the best place.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Kitsune Ascendant

anyone stilll checking this topic?
I've got my firered version out right now, and I'm trying to catch chansey. I'm having trouble actually catching the little bugger. any tips?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Kenji

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on November 29, 2006, 05:52:25 PM
anyone stilll checking this topic?
I've got my firered version out right now, and I'm trying to catch chansey. I'm having trouble actually catching the little bugger. any tips?

Pure dumb luck?

Kitsune Ascendant

I'm saving that as a last resort. though I have increased my encounter odds slightly by using a max repel with a lvl 26 venonat leading my party.

Gabi

The green site says Safari Zone Areas 2 & Center is where they can be found.

Nikki

or try and use the old R&B trick XD

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kitsune Ascendant

xHaZxMaTx

Dakata

Supercheese

No, mon, R&B be da rhythm and blues, ya...  :boogie

Nikki

wait...missingno isn't here no more, huh?

Gabi

Xze, you never replied to my PM! Why?

Not that I'd trust you with any of those tasks now anyway, but at least you could have said no.

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Xze-Xze on November 23, 2006, 12:15:20 AMk...i need a team rating (New FireRed)

KABUTO/Vincent
Lv23
Dig
Harden
Giga Drain
Surf

DRATINI/Yazoo
lv25
Wrap
Dragon Rage
Thunder Rage
Twister

CHARIZARD/Kadaj
lv46
Slash
Fly
Flamethrower
Blast Burn

GROWLITHE/Reno
lv26
Roar
Ember
Take Down
Odor Sleuth

JOLTEON/Nirvana
lv35
Helping Hand
Double kick
Bite
Quick attack

AERODACTYL/Lance
lv8
Wing Attack
Agility
why are you holding 2 fire pokémons on a team? firstly I suggest you teach something electric to your jolteon, as your team won't have anything good to fight against water pokémons even if there is a electric one.

Your team seems to be overly offensive so it would be a good Idea to have a pokémon with good status inflictor moves, probaly a plant one, they're great at these.
Additionally I recommend keeping a good normal pokémon since while they aren't weak against most types and can often learn moves of other types.

Your charizard can cover fly and fire attacks, so I think your aerodactyl and your growlithe are redundant.

for a plant pokémon I'd recommend Parasect or exeggutor, and for a normal pokémon, a Raticate, Wigglytuff or a Snorlax
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Caswin

Ah, it's been a while.  I personally ruined it for myself with too many strategy guides and too much Cinnabar Island glitching.

I should try that game again sometime.  When you think about it, it was pretty darned big for a Game Boy game, and on the topic of Cinnabar Island, Mewtwo had a great build-up...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Angel

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 10, 2006, 11:34:25 PM
Yes, Xze is a poke'FREAK, and i just want to know who else out there likes them too =3

I still play my old Red Version, even though it no longer saves, as well as my blue, yellow, crystal, gold, silver, ruby sapphire, emerald, firered, leafgreen, stadium, snapshot, and colisseum X3

Games, movies and cards, yes. Show, no. Not anymore. Mew and Mewtwo are my favorites. I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who still likes them! (My first Mary-Sue was for a story on the Legendary Pokemon)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kitsune Ascendant

heh. ash is somewhat of a legend on the anime board of gamefaqs. they say he's one of biggest deus ex users out there, with such hits as "Aim for the horn!" and of course thunder armor. but I stopped watching shortly after the original.
as for the card game, well... I stopped playing it near the end of elementarly school, but there is one boneheaded trade that sticks out in my mind. I originally was trading a machamp for a rhydon, but I didn't want the little kid to have to hunt for machop and machoke, so I gave him those as well. at least all three were from a starter deck and not some increadibly rare cards.

Nikki

Quote from: Gabi on January 11, 2007, 12:33:40 PM
Xze, you never replied to my PM! Why?

Not that I'd trust you with any of those tasks now anyway, but at least you could have said no.
i never check my PM's D:

i'm sorry Gabi!!

well, for now, i'm counting the days until i can pre-order diamond so...i've stopped playing for now >>

gothtk14

I like pokemon I have every game but my Yellow, Silver, and Gold don't work any more though. My Favorite team is all LVL 100 Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Can't remember the rest of the team.

Gabi

*Sighs.* Then how was I supposed to contact you, Xze?

Ryudo Lee

My personal fursona is a raichu (Ryudo Lee is just a roleplay character).  :3

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Gabi

You're using RyudoLee as your name/avatar here, so what's the difference?