Pokemon >w<

Started by Nikki, August 10, 2006, 11:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryudo Lee

I'm using Ryudo Lee as my name/avatar here because I'm involved in the RP with my name on it, and it makes it that much less confusing for me.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Azlan

The furcadian pokemon craze scared me...

I'm just surprised pokemon still continues.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kenji

Quote from: Azlan on January 31, 2007, 05:55:35 PM
The furcadian pokemon craze scared me...

I'm just surprised pokemon still continues.

Eh. The show and the merchandise isn't all that great, but the games are good solid rpgs.

Azlan

I would love some rare candy... it would be divine for the fae.

The games were somewhat fun, on my emulator from my PC.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Supercheese

Yeah, the games are still fun.

*Has played Emerald version for over 3 hours today*

Gabi

What KK said. I agree.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ryudo Lee

I've been working on a couple of the DS games for awhile now.  Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon.  Unfortunately, Blue Mystery Dungeon is just a Pokemon version of every other Mystery Dungeon style game out there.  Interestingly enough, it's basically the same template that others have used in several other games as evidenced here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fushigi_no_Dungeon  And it's also very similar to NetHack.

Pokemon Ranger is pretty awesome though.

Supercheese

Speaking of Ranger, I can't seem to catch that stupid Charizard in the 4th challenge area. I've tried over a dozen times, and got fed up and went back to playing Elite Beat Agents...

gothtk14

Quote from: Supercheese on February 03, 2007, 12:58:21 AM
Speaking of Ranger, I can't seem to catch that stupid Charizard in the 4th challenge area. I've tried over a dozen times, and got fed up and went back to playing Elite Beat Agents...

Catching Charizard is easy for me. I caught him for a friend of mine.

Ryudo Lee

I know what you're talking about there... it took me four tries to get it.

gothtk14

Supercheese

Well, my little sister convinced dad to buy her "Pokemon Quartz" from eBay, since she saw it was obviously different. I knew right off that it was either a complete fake or a 3rd-party hack. Turns out the latter was correct. However, despite my protests they went ahead and got it.

I don't know what to make of it... she seems to enjoy it, though the original sprites are terrible, and the translation sucks. It is based off of Pokemon Ruby and seems to play well enough on the DS Lite.

I think it's a colossal waste of money, and nowhere near as good as the true Pokemon games. The only good thing I have to say about it is that they did improve some of the music.

Just felt like mentioning this here...  :paranoid

gothtk14

People always seem to fall for things sold on ebay for some reason or another.

Nikki

>>
<<

DIAMOND AND PEARL ARE COMING!!!!!

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

gothtk14

Quote from: Xzeliea Fantra on February 13, 2007, 10:57:11 AM
>>
<<

DIAMOND AND PEARL ARE COMING!!!!!

Yeah I heard they are going to be good games.

Nikki

I want the penguin starter ^^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

ninjannihilator

Reserved Diamond a while back. Comes out in "June" supposedly. And hopefully we'll be able to play people in Japan through wi-fi.

Nikki

serious? *looks a her DS*  hm..this thing won't even find me a pictochat partner! how'r we 'dsuposed to play peplo in japan?

ninjannihilator

Because the program Pictochat is flawed not the DS itself.

Plus, I said "hopefully" which means, "most likely no" due to past experience. Metroid Prime: Hunters can set you up with people in Japan, but there isn't a need for much translation compared to Pokemon.

Kenji

Friend Codes will be implemented to play with people you want to, accessible via PokéCenters.
Then there's the tower that allows interaction with anyone online. No friend codes required for that.
There'll probably be mingling of types allowed. Since, I believe, Animal Crossing is able to go international.

gothtk14

Man that is going to be fun playing both Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I wonder if you can trade your pokemon on the other pokemon games With some of the pokemon from Diamond and Pearl.

Kenji

Quote from: gothtk14 on February 19, 2007, 09:06:38 AM
Man that is going to be fun playing both Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I wonder if you can trade your pokemon on the other pokemon games With some of the pokemon from Diamond and Pearl.

Place Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire/Leaf into the DS's GBA slot and you can send 6 per day to D/P. However, when you do, they go to the PokéPal Park (or whatever they end up calling it). The rarer the Pokémon you send, the harder they'll be to find in the park. They will retain every last bit of info, stats, OT, etc, and the park balls have a 100% catch rate.

Be forewarned though, that you CANNOT trade them back to the GBA generation. Once they're in D/P, they're there till Deletion Day.

Nikki

Quote from: Kenji on February 19, 2007, 09:23:29 AM

Place Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire/Leaf into the DS's GBA slot and you can send 6 per day to D/P. However, when you do, they go to the PokéPal Park (or whatever they end up calling it). The rarer the Pokémon you send, the harder they'll be to find in the park. They will retain every last bit of info, stats, OT, etc, and the park balls have a 100% catch rate.

Be forewarned though, that you CANNOT trade them back to the GBA generation. Once they're in D/P, they're there till Deletion Day.

0___________________0

*puts all her games into her shirt* I won't lose my Babies!!! D:

ninjannihilator

What stone do you think they're gonna make the hybrid version?

I'd go with Jet.

gothtk14

Quote from: Xze on February 20, 2007, 11:09:28 AM

0___________________0

Just breed the ones you can and send the hatched eggs. That is what I'm going to do. I'll just use a cheat to catch more rare pokemon then send those over too, it should work.

Kenji

Quote from: gothtk14 on February 20, 2007, 04:56:59 PM

0___________________0

Just breed the ones you can and send the hatched eggs. That is what I'm going to do. I'll just use a cheat to catch more rare pokemon then send those over too, it should work.

If you have Emerald, you could always use the Clone glitch instead.
Personally, though, I couldn't care less. Once the new series comes out, I pretty much hardly ever play the older series. Once I had put all my pokés on Gold, I stopped playing Red. .....Though I did still go back to Yellow to play the Surfing Pikachu game. >.>

gothtk14

I don't have emerald but I'll still like the idea.

Nikki

Quote from: Kenji on February 20, 2007, 05:31:06 PM
Quote from: gothtk14 on February 20, 2007, 04:56:59 PM

0___________________0

If you have Emerald, you could always use the Clone glitch instead.
Personally, though, I couldn't care less. Once the new series comes out, I pretty much hardly ever play the older series. Once I had put all my pokés on Gold, I stopped playing Red. .....Though I did still go back to Yellow to play the Surfing Pikachu game. >.>
the -what- glitch?

Kenji

Just look it up on most any random Emerald cheats site. It's not hard and deals with the Battle Frontier.

gothtk14

I'm geting both pokemon D/P