11/08/2010 [PF #143] - By now, Ashford is just one big joke to Jakob

Started by ChaosMageX, November 08, 2010, 09:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on November 10, 2010, 07:18:31 PM
You have proofreaders for your forum posts?

As a rule, no.  I felt that one needed it, though.

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 10, 2010, 11:26:00 PM
I'm wondering which created life "Ashford" is referring to, the artificial souls or the android replacement bodies... or something else.
The androids.  In many ways they are comparable to the undead, hence they will likely cause the same concerns.  The artificial souls aren't alive, they're just energy.

Quote from: joshofspam on November 10, 2010, 07:19:27 PM
Just an off branching question of the soul of the dear commander. Does being used to power his desk lamp drain his soul?

Depends how she did it.  Abel implied that it could be done such that the lamp is powered by your pain and torment, which is probably more like an artificial emotion-feeder.   But she might have used a more crude method.  In the worst case it's likely to take centuries for it to really harm him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Spooks on November 10, 2010, 06:53:33 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 10, 2010, 06:14:16 PM
I'm not really qualified to state authoritatively just what Ashford is actually suffering from...
I'd say he suffers from being dead.

I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure dead people don't suffer from it at all.

Now, his friends, relatives, and workmates, maybe, but...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Spooks on November 08, 2010, 10:18:31 AM
I'm going to guess from Jakob spewing nonsense that he suspects "Ashford" is an impostor.

It's not like Jakob ever took Ashford seriously in the first place.

Ashford kind of reminds me of Joseph McCarthy, just... really, really exaggerated. (And instead of Communism, it's organized crime/JOHAN F***ING CROSS.) I think we might be overthinking it if we're trying to pinpoint whatever might or might not be ailing Ashford; it's just one of things things you nod your head and smile at. :B

VAE

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 12, 2010, 05:07:06 PM
Quote from: Spooks on November 08, 2010, 10:18:31 AM
I'm going to guess from Jakob spewing nonsense that he suspects "Ashford" is an impostor.

It's not like Jakob ever took Ashford seriously in the first place.

Ashford kind of reminds me of Joseph McCarthy, just... really, really exaggerated. (And instead of Communism, it's organized crime/JOHAN F***ING CROSS.) I think we might be overthinking it if we're trying to pinpoint whatever might or might not be ailing Ashford; it's just one of things things you nod your head and smile at. :B

Cross? Cross is just a pawn in the paws of the Subtle Paw!  :kruger
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth