I appoligize

Started by Firewolf, November 07, 2010, 06:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewolf

Hey its zakn again. I would like to appoligize for the things i have regretfully done in the past. I screwed up. If you could forgiive me i would greatly appreciate it. I would like to continue using the forum. I know what I did was wrong. I have read the rules and will follow and obey them.

Firewolf

I would esspecially like to appoligizde to mau loren. I would like to sart off on a clean slate. So, Do you forgive me Mau Loren?

Mao

Yeah, hate to break it to you, but this would be ban evasion the very thing that got you perm banned last time.

Darkmoon

It would be indeed.

Zak, when we say a ban is "permanent" we mean it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

The reason for permanent bans is fairly simple, for those of you spectating, and speculating, on this.

We're volunteers. Nobody is being paid to keep the forum happy and friendly. In fact, some of us are literally paying for the privilege; at the very least, all of the mods are donating time and effort. As such, while we try to be persuasive and helpful, there comes a time when we have to cut our losses, bite the bullet, and be forceful.

We've gone to the effort of listing the rules. We've done our best to make them clear and easy to understand. If you wish to break the rules, we'll attempt to explain gently why it's not a good idea. And, if and when that doesn't work, we'll explain more forcefully. Anyone who sidesteps the moderation is clearly stating that, even if they get caught, they're not going to accept the consequences; after all, it's not like they accepted the consequences the first time. As such, we're not willing to expend any further effort on persuasion; it's clearly not working at all, so further temporary bans are going to be a useless waste of our time, and do little but leave more mess on the forum we're trying to keep clean.

If someone has a better method for this, please, I'm all ears. So far, I've yet to see anything that actually works on all types of people; those who want to be corrected don't really need it much, and those who don't want to be corrected tend to need a bigger hammer to get through.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

To quote an old friend of mine: "Talk is cheap, and if you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place"  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Gabi

Quote from: Turnsky on November 08, 2010, 01:41:18 AM
To quote an old friend of mine: "Talk is cheap, and if you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place"  >:3
Well, there are times when someone makes a mistake and then truly regrets it. But if that were the case he wouldn't be breaking the rules again in order to say he's sorry. If he really meant it he'd accept the punishment and try to talk to the mods outside the forum. I think this is just trying to get attention, I've seen it many times before.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 07, 2010, 04:03:54 PM
If someone has a better method for this, please, I'm all ears. So far, I've yet to see anything that actually works on all types of people; those who want to be corrected don't really need it much, and those who don't want to be corrected tend to need a bigger hammer to get through.

No, no - I think your method works rather well.

In an anarchistic situation, a despotic method is often the most effective way of dealing with things.
In other words, if you have a gaggle of unruly barbarians, a good overlord is the thing to have.

You tend to get the leader that you deserve!

And here on those forums, we get ... you ... ???

... wait a minute ...

:D

just kidding, it's all good. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Gabi on November 08, 2010, 09:01:04 AM
Well, there are times when someone makes a mistake and then truly regrets it. But if that were the case he wouldn't be breaking the rules again in order to say he's sorry. If he really meant it he'd accept the punishment and try to talk to the mods outside the forum. I think this is just trying to get attention, I've seen it many times before.

Well, technically he did try to, he just did it via an email through Mab saying "oh, it wasn't my fault. I left my computer up on the forum, and while I was using the restroom a _friend_ of mine did blah blah blah..."

Yeah, no.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 08, 2010, 01:00:53 PM
You tend to get the leader that you deserve!

... wait a minute ...

Actually you get Darkmoon. Aren't you lucky? ;-]

VAE

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 08, 2010, 01:17:36 PM
Quote from: Gabi on November 08, 2010, 09:01:04 AM

Well, technically he did try to, he just did it via an email through Mab saying "oh, it wasn't my fault. I left my computer up on the forum, and while I was using the restroom a _friend_ of mine did blah blah blah..."

Yeah, no.

Oh, i have sympathies for this guy... he spent nearly 12 hours in the restroom..... the dumb posts start at cca 12:30 pm and end up at 11:30 (=23:30) or something. Gastroenteritis is truly a crappy thing to have..
</sarcasm>

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on November 08, 2010, 06:19:12 PM
Oh, i have sympathies for this guy... he spent nearly 12 hours in the restroom..... the dumb posts start at cca 12:30 pm and end up at 11:30 (=23:30) or something. Gastroenteritis is truly a crappy thing to have..
</sarcasm>

Quite.

Mao

Quote from: VAE on November 08, 2010, 06:19:12 PM
</sarcasm>

Ba-dum-tish.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 08, 2010, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 08, 2010, 01:00:53 PMYou tend to get the leader that you deserve!

... wait a minute ...

Actually you get Darkmoon. Aren't you lucky? ;-]

True enough, but he/she/it works out fine as well.
We all win!

... except for Darkmoon, he/she/it has to put up with us. :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm pretty sure Damaris would have mentioned something if Darkmoon were a she or an it, you know.

Pretty sure. After all, she married him, so...

Lore

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2010, 01:11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Damaris would have mentioned something if Darkmoon were a she or an it, you know.

Hey, now, you never know. He could just have some serious hormonal problems.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I still think she'd have mentioned it - although, were that the case, I wouldn't have. *grin*

Darkmoon

Quote from: Spooks on November 09, 2010, 01:17:31 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2010, 01:11:10 PM

Hey, now, you never know. He could just have some serious hormonal problems.

I'm not denying it, but I find that offensive!

Anker Steadfast

Aw, I was just covering all the bases, since I couldn't remember what gender Darkmoon is.   :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 09, 2010, 10:57:07 PM
I'm not denying it, but I find that offensive!

So... are you asking for an apology, or a chance to explain the problems?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 09, 2010, 11:28:39 PM
Aw, I was just covering all the bases, since I couldn't remember what gender Darkmoon is.   :D

You do realize you can check that in a person's bio, right? Just click on their name...?

Mao

Assuming they're telling the truth.  I know a few folks on here who claim to be female but are, in fact, quite male.

VAE

that's why the new male/trap system was proposed for gender labels in profiles
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 10, 2010, 07:57:24 AM

You do realize you can check that in a person's bio, right? Just click on their name...?

Actually, I had forgotten about that.
Besides, I thought it would just have said "ninja" or "moon" or something like that.

Lore

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 10, 2010, 11:35:34 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on November 10, 2010, 07:57:24 AM

Besides, I thought it would just have said "ninja" or "moon" or something like that.

I don't think either of those are options on the drop-down list.

llearch n'n'daCorna

While I wouldn't put "mooning you" past Darkmoon, I don't think he'd have put that in his profile...

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Spooks on November 10, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

I don't think either of those are options on the drop-down list.

He's the top admin/moderator/dog, and admins cheat, so I'm sure he could get away with it somehow.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2010, 11:49:02 AM
While I wouldn't put "mooning you" past Darkmoon, I don't think he'd have put that in his profile...

Maybe not "mooning you", but I could definitely see him put "ninja" in as his gender.  :D

Darkmoon

Mao

Top dog would be Damaris.  It's better this way.  Darkmoon is a pretty slick guy, and pretty good at managing people... but he's still an evil jerk.  It's why I like him.  He's not suited to top leadership, unlike Damaris who's a bit more even handed and patient than DM. (not by much, but still, moreso).

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber