The blog and a preview

Started by Darc_Sowers, November 03, 2010, 03:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darc_Sowers

I'm posting this here since spoilers may be involved. I've been keeping a blog of notes, thoughts, and work in progress for a few months now. If you'd like to see what's coming down the chute, you can find the blog here - http://rcsi-publishing.blogspot.com

Personally, I'm quite pleased with this page which I just finished up a bit ago. (Don't worry, the words have been removed.)

HEX the Dark

This is a hell of a page! I especially like the figure in the left lower corner! Can't wait till I see the text to it!

Darc_Sowers

Thanks. I've been trying to find different ways of drawing things, like the magic. I found the Kirby Krackle/Dots in a few of the books I've been reading lately and thought I'd give it a try. It's kind of nice, much more relaxing to do that the magic swirly smoke. Inking that always hurt my wrist. :P

It'll be nice to get the updates running again. The down time has been very helpful, but a little strange too. :(

HEX the Dark

Tell me... but I guess it's worth it.

The Kirby ( :kirby) Krackles/Dots look very nice. Would make one think if magic looks different for different persons using it (or styles, like fearie-magic looks differnet then astorian magic). While I'm no artist, did you consider using fractals? They should be easy to generate on a pc and would (at least in my opinion) fit good for magic, too. I actually thought you did as I saw the pic first in small.