Deathtrap Dungeon, Take two. (OOC thread) (Mature) (Re-Open_

Started by Corgatha Taldorthar, October 14, 2010, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Bump and query (and doublepost, forgive me); Corgatha, you still around? Bas says he's been waiting on you to make a post, and I'm waiting on him. :B

Corgatha Taldorthar

Doublepost is forgiven.

I was waiting on Meany and VAE, but it has been a while. I'll put something up in the morning, I'm a bit distracted right now.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Meany

Sorry, Corgatha! D:  Computer was being worked on, but now it's back!

Post should be up soon. :3

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

techmaster-glitch

Oh! He's in another country right now for some reason or another, won't be back for another week or two.

techmaster-glitch

Corgatha Taldorthar

I was waiting for VAE and Meany, but since both of them seem to have vanished......... I dunno. I've been busy with school, I'll come up with a more coherent response once I've had a little sleep.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Double post, in response to Techmaster's query in the other thread.

I am still running this, if interest exists. I have been waiting for VAE, but since he does not seem to have posted in quite some time, I am considering moving on without him. If I don't hear from him in 24 hours, I will do so.

techmaster-glitch

I've been poking him, hard, for the last few weeks actually. :/ He keeps coming up with excuses. Gave him ultimatum just now. :B

VAE

*nods* After some consideration, I request being set as inactive, or dealt with otherwise.
As for the recent absence, i was in Slovakia, which made me around the interwebs much less often, however that's likely not the key problem, given that i have managed to post in OSaS during the time period. I guess it's that I don't have much idea how to write for Glup anymore. Maybe it's the fact that in the last instance of the game, he pretty much "lived" off constant petty conflicts with Zairith ZYRAIS.
And well, i'm definitely not going to pick it up on today since there's packing to do... but then, on any given day there are other tasks floating around. Much sorry for lagging the game for the last month or so - as i said, i wasn't around too much , and thought you will simply pass me by.

What you will do with the character is up to you - either liquidate it, make no mention of it anymore , or set it as NPC - I am not particularly worried about either, besides, not like i should have a say.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Really not feeling so good, so the post will be postponed till tomorrow.

VAE, noted. I won't kill off Glup, but he'll kind of fade into the background as one of the support NPCs. If you ever want to take him over again, or roll up a new character, I'd be glad to have you :)

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry guys, not my best work. Still a bit out of things  :< If I feel better tomorrow, I'll tighten up the grammar errors I'm sure I made.

Inumo

Hey Corg, maybe it's just me, but when I naturally live something like 300% faster than the rest of the world, and feed of magical energies to some degree, 8 hours seems like an insufferably long time to make a ladder in a wall.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Oh, fine, I'll edit. Give me a minute to hash it out

EDIT. IC post edited. I'm going to wait till Monday to post in the IC thread, in case anyone wants to change anything. Since it only really directly affects Inumo, this is directed to him.

Inumo

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry for the late reply; school has een hectic, but you're about a quarter of the way up.

techmaster-glitch

Okay. So, basilisk says he's pretty much dropped from this game.

What with the slowdown from -everyone-, that puts this game on the shakiest base it can be while still be considered 'running'. I really don't want it to die (I want a freaking game that I can play Xephelon in to stay -running- dammit!), so, at this point, I'm thinking the only way the game can be saved is with new blood. Corgatha, maybe modify this thread title and open up character submissions again?

Or do you just want to leave this game dead yourself? :/

Corgatha Taldorthar

*sighs* to be honest, I don't see how the mine can function if you're in the middle of a crises and a whole bunch of new people are just suddenly there. It theoretically could work if they were there from the beginning, but I dunno, that kind of adulterates how I like to have stories structured. To be honest, I'd be for wiping the slate clean and starting over. Sorry :/

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 01, 2012, 11:59:36 AM
To be honest, I'd be for wiping the slate clean and starting over. Sorry :/

If you're actually -willing- to do that, works for me. Have to see if meany and inumo still want to play, and if so, whether or not they're okay with starting over again (third time's the charm? :U )

EDIT; Inumo's good for both still wanting to play, and is okay with the game starting over.

EDIT EDIT: On the other hand...
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 01, 2012, 11:59:36 AM
*sighs* to be honest, I don't see how the mine can function if you're in the middle of a crises and a whole bunch of new people are just suddenly there.
That's how a lot of new characters in PnP RPGs are introduced; there's a fight/crisis, and suddenly, new guy is in the fray, helping out. Instant trust and bonding, trial by fire. Still, for the issues of actually getting people interested and aquainted with the game, yeah, starting over is probably a better idea. But not because bringing in new folks right now would be bad structure. :U

Meany

Corgatha Taldorthar

Okay, then we'll re-open the RP, and if we can get new blood in, we'll start from scratch.

Anyone is permitted in, and someone who is already in can re-submit a character or change to a different one if they so choose.

techmaster-glitch

Alrighty. Keeping this same OOC thread, or starting over with a new OOC thread (and possibly updated/modified starter story/scenario)? Starting over with a new, rewritten OOC thread entirely might be best to attact attention. Probably a new name, too.

techmaster-glitch

Corgatha:

Saw your most recent post in Flight of Fancy. Given your troubles in holding that one RP down, can we safely call this one as well and truly dead? On the off-chance that anyone's actually still interested in an RP of this style, we may look for a new GM and story. Again. :B

Corgatha Taldorthar

Yeah, I think this one has sputtered to a halt :( Sorry guys, I'm not really sure where things went wrong; and I don't really think I'm the one to make the dungeon run.