Deathtrap Dungeon, Take two. (OOC thread) (Mature) (Re-Open_

Started by Corgatha Taldorthar, October 14, 2010, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corgatha Taldorthar

Mostly just a checking up on you guys thread. Everyone ok over there? Especially VAE/Danman, whom I haven't heard from in a while.

To Inumo. Thankies, and although I can't really change the official post at this point, I'll remember that in the future.

For the current post, anything you feel is now out of the character's perceptions and memory. For his sight, I need to ask, how well can he see in the dark? Since it's magical, I'm going to give you a freebie on this one, but I'd like to know in the future.

(The following is effectively IC to Jio, apologies for the incoherence.)

As you're being trundled along, there's nothing of note to see, just impossibly smooth walls, and the rather ugly faces of your captors. A bit of magical effect, the obvious ones, strange lights and such, when they try to probe you.  After the screams, they abandon their efforts to look at you, and whirl around manically, trying to figure out the location of the sound.

Six figures enter in, insectesoid, faintly purple colored, although with wide padding feet instead of traditional points, impossibly huge, a bit smaller than the dimensions of a horse, and much thinner, four from one end of the corridor and two from the other. They're blindingly fast and what crude spells the miners throw at them just seem to slide off ineffectively. They attack the miners, leading bugs  rushing forward to use their bulk to knock the miners over, and the following bugs biting at the prone men. They leave some sort of green goo on the miners, which quickly spreads over their entire bodies, and a thin spool attaches to the bug that bit them. They then proceed to drag their prey somewhere, while the two that remain pace around the area, almost seeming to be sniffing the air. One of them stands on you, but you can't get a feel for his weight.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

techmaster-glitch

I'm still well in and ready to go. Just waiting on a post from you.  :U

Lisky

Baseel is trying to get some semblance of organization going right now XD  ready whenever you are.

If you need anything, just let me know :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

VAE

Hmm.
As far as i am concerned, the thing is, i missed 3 updates while in slovakia with rather unpredictable access, and mainly, a ton of people around, and because  of that,  the thought of posting has been rather scary...
Given that the game apparently hasn't forgotten me, i will try to crank out a post sometime this week , preferrably after wednesday
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Inumo

... I'll just filter what information I'd know out. So you know for the future, though, let me explain what presence-sight can and can't see:

Presence-sight can see any physical feature that has been in that same position for more than three seconds or so. Light has no effect on this. However, if a physical object hasn't been still for long enough, then he can't make out details, just generic shapes. Think of it like having a very bad prescription during this time; everything's blurry to the point that you can only get shapes, not necessarily features. Presence-sight cannot see non-physical things, like magical effects, residues, or gases.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I would argue that gases are physical things. Just to clarify further though, if "light has no effect on this.", then can Jio see light sources?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Inumo

He can see light sources, as in what's making the light, but he doesn't see the light shining. So a lit candle to him would look like a wick getting constantly shorter and charred while the wax melted.

techmaster-glitch

Meany

I'm going to have a post up later today.  College has curbstomped the particular kind of crazy muse I need for Barbarus.  Sorry for the delay.

Corgatha Taldorthar

No, no, it's fine. I'd be dishonest if I said I was giving this (and my other Rps) the sort of attention I really should be giving.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Double post; I'll wait for more IC posts until Sunday, or until everyone posts, but I'm starting the last major draft for a pretty big paper, so I'm going to be somewhat busy/irritated.

techmaster-glitch

Wow. These "door dimwits" really are giving Xephelon a run for his money, I'm running out of things to say/options. Xeph won't fight his way past them, and if they prove completely unreasonable, he would just leave (inconducive to continued participation in the game :/ ). "No job's worth this kind of incompetance" :B Got just one more thing to try, and if it doesn't work, then I really won't know what to do...

Everyone else deals with a riot, and I'm bested by the bloody bellhops xD

Corgatha Taldorthar

I  wasn't really going to say anything, but they really want a bribe.......... Also,  while Xephelon probably wouldn't know it, the guards are changed every 6 hours or so. If he came back later, there'd be a pair that doesn't know who he is (since Xephelon has kind of formed a negative impression on these two.)

Drayco84

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on February 10, 2011, 12:00:48 PM
I  wasn't really going to say anything, but they really want a bribe......

I figured out that's what was going on at the "jink-jink" line, actually xD

It's just a little problematic for Xephelon because he has no money. He, very literally, has nothing except the exoshell he's wearing (pocketless and containerless) and the magic inside him. This is why he's trying so hard to get the guards to let him show them his magic*. :B

And, erm...if he walks away, then unless something indicates to him he should try again later, he won't. :/ (I wouldn't metagame and have him act on knowledge he doesn't have)

*And Xephelon does work primarily through favors and bartering anyway, even if he does get integrated into the dungeon

VAE

Finally broke the barrier and posted... hope i didn't mess up anything
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

techmaster-glitch

Corgatha Taldorthar

Me. I'm putting a post together now, been hectic over here.

techmaster-glitch

techmaster-glitch

Hmm, who're we wating on this time...doesn't look like Danman's posted. I'll bug him about that.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Many thanks; I'd bug him myself, but it's finals season (Last one is tomorrow) so after that, I'll have more time/energy to make you all miserable.

VAE

*sigh* I'll get to it tomorrow after coming from the department, and you can all bap me if i don't.

Also, many, many points from me for the new avatar. Vorlons are indeed awesome (Shadows perhaps more so)
Saphroneth

Inumo

Why did I choose to be a guy that will never get to do much of anything in this world... Frickin' illiterate miners, couldn't tell I was alive...

techmaster-glitch

Xephelon's last action was asking around for 'who's in charge of the mines'. Did he make any progress on that, corgatha?

Corgatha Taldorthar

At the moment, it seems to someone from Xephelon's standpoint that Bas is running the show. If there's a mining director or the like, he hasn't made himself obvious.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see Inumo's post. *clicks tongue* I'm not really sure exactly how I can help; playing a character who becomes inert the moment he's observed is a severe handicap, especially in a concerted game; even in a more educated locale, I was under the impression that Moloi were somewhat rare, exotic, and not very well understood.

Now, you're an absolutely lovely writer, Inumo, and I do want to keep you involved in the RP, if I can. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get on tomorrow, but either tomorrow or the next day I'll try to drop you a line, see if we can work something out. Right now someone is nagging at my attention, and I was only cursorily looking at the forums.......

Inumo

Don't worry about it. It's the happy exasperation of a challenge, not frustration. Main problem is that all my spells require verbal components, since they're all power words.

Corgatha Taldorthar

This is really a minor issue, and it's probably a vice of mine, but I'm a tad pedantic.........

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 26, 2011, 02:39:11 PM

As Baseel is taking inventory and giving out commands, he notices something separate from the crowd and walk straight towards him. It is a very strange thing, probably something he's hardly seen anything like before. It seems to be a being made of black metal, with angular and gemoetic glowing lines of green etched across it. It walks on four spindly, spiderlike legs, and has four arms, two sprouting from each side of the 'torso', which appears headless. Three lights right on the front of the torso -seem- to indicate eyes.

Bas has given no indication that his character is taking an inventory of anything; although the giving out commands would be accurate to a casual observer. I'm not going to ask you to change your post, but just, in the future, be careful about something that puts another character into an action that they haven't necessarily chosen for themselves. This goes double if you're before their post in a "posting cycle" (loosely defined as between one DM post and the next). By the way, this goes for all of you guys, I know some RPs get a little rough and tumble about posting actions and reactions, but I want to emphasize, you post what your characters attempt, and what they see.

OTOH, at least he posted. Come on people. The dungeon's gathering dust. :P

Inumo

I'm kinda stuck doing jack diddly. After a certain point, it just gets annoying to be posting more and more "This is so boring" posts.

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Corgatha; sorry, I thought that's what he -was- doing.

Quote"So, lets get an inventory of what we've got, and who we've got to do things!"

and your very next post was saying that inventory. So, er, yeah...that WAS the indication he was doing that o.O didn't see any other way to interpret it. Ah well, we'll all have to just be clearer in the future.