Artificer's Haven

Started by Magic, June 01, 2010, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

>If the character is wearing boots or something similar to that fashion, they can perhaps use them by kicking away the remaining jagged shards that are still there in the window; just make sure the robes won't get caught when you do, by holding them some....

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Cogidubnus

Indeed. Who are we? Why are we here?

Also, before kicking the door down, check to see if it's unlocked. (that is a door, yes?)

Magic

>Who are you? What can you do?

I am Jeannette Caunant. I don't recall much of anything about myself. Last thing I knew I before I was imprisoned was that everything seemed to be black, white and red. No other colors. I was running across a hallway towards a light, and then, nothing.

I don't think I have anything special about me. And I don't believe I know any spells, or even ever dabbled in the arcane arts. Though, for some reason, I cannot forget the feeling of swords in both my hands. Funny, I don't remember ever wielding one, or learning how to wield one, and even less two at once.

>Examine the note

Egregious beyond appearances

4 letters, 1 word, a mechanical component.

Speak it.

>If the character is wearing shoes/boots, kick the shards of the mirror away.

I am, but I can't lift my legs up high enough without first either getting rid of my robes or tearing it in the middle to give leeway.

>Examine the door
>Kick the door

It looks like a regular door with no visible locks, with a small box to the side with a crisscrossed metal casing. Giving the door a small kick yields a gentle push back. Something tells me kicking any harder will push me back harder.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Lisky

>Use the collected shard to slit the robe, and make the room safe for entering.  Then, use the mirror to check the far corner of the room before entering

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

e_voyager

listen carefully in case there is something that can't bee seen in the mirror but can be heard.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

SquirrelWizard

Better yet, instead of ruining your dress any further, why dont you just take your shoe off and knock the remaining glass shards out of the window with the shoe?
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

ShadesFox

Use the shards of glass, the robe, boots, and a bit of blood to create a JUNKOTRON MISSILE and shoot the door.

Otherwise poke the metal casing.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Second squirrel's suggestion of simply taking a shoe off and using that to remove the last shards from the window. But before that,

second examine/poke metal casing as well. And add on to that...

Speak it.

>Gear?

Cogidubnus

Speak it.

(Metal) Gear?!

Also, examine the small box by the door.

Say gear?

llearch n'n'daCorna

> examine note
> read note
> examine door
> open door
> yell "surprise!"

... last one is optional, I just couldn't resist. ;-]

Okay, so I can't read the second page before responding. Whoops.

Uh.

> say "door"
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

>I also agree with SquirrelWizzard's suggestion of removing the boot to kick glass away.

>I also second both Techmaster's and Cogidubnus's suggestion that the word "Gear", is the answer to the clue or riddle on the note.

Magic

Sorry. I may need to change to lineart only sooner.

--

>Use boot on jagged shards

Scraping the mirror off proves to be remarkably easy using this boot. The leather is strangely resilient against cutting or jabbing glass shards, and yet, it is really soft.

Jeannette decides it would be prudent to put it back on after using it.

>Check around corners with mirror shard

It is, unfortunately still coated with the semi reflective substance that makes up two way mirrors. With the light focusing on you and your surroundings you can't make out what's in the dark corners of the guard room. Though you do see someone or something in a corner.

Listening yields a rasping sound in the west corner close to where the mirror was.

>Gear.

That was.. easy?

Time to choose. Guard room, or unknown darkness?
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Sunblink

(Oh man, what an awesome thread!)

> Scrutinize the guard room to see what the mysterious dark figure is. It'd be unwise to proceed forward without taking one of the swords for protection.

EDIT: Edited because I am fail at reading comprehension, apparently.

ShadesFox

Well, that darkness isn't attacking itself now is it?  Go into the guard room, grab many swords, read note while drinking red liquid. Then berserker rage at the darkness, tearing it limb from limb.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Is Shades playing the same game the rest of us are playing?

I'm with Keaton. I'd say Put your head through the ex-mirror, and see if you can see what's in the dark corner. Note that this should be done as far away from it as possible. If there's nothing there, climb through and appropriate two of the swords.

After obtaining weaponry, look at, but do not touch (yet) the note and the drink.

BTW, good idea putting the boot back on. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lisky

>Thirds Keaton's idea

also, if possible, grip the  bottom half the glass shard in a cloth wrap and use the shard as a knife before acquiring the swords.  If the strange thing in the darkness is hostile, having some weapon ready is better than none, after all.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

e_voyager

i have to back Keaton on this is well it seems like a good ideal to make sure you're not leaving you back open to attack
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 09, 2010, 01:12:17 PM
... Is Shades playing the same game the rest of us are playing?

Possibly not.

After putting on the boot, don the TURQUOISE JEWELRY and climb onto the UNICORN.  ASCEND into the HEAVENS.
The All Purpose Fox

Magic

>Put your head through the ex-mirror, and see if you can see what's in the dark corner. Note that this should be done as far away from it as possible. If there's nothing there, climb through and appropriate two of the swords.

But there is someone there.

e_voyager

try not to freak out and figure out if what's there is a threat to you.

Lisky

> Grab swords first, then investigate.  If the wound is as bad as it seems, the figure is probably already dead.  If he/she is -not- dead, try and ask the most obvious of questions, A: "Where are we?" (wait for reply)  B: "Who are you?" (again, wait for reply) and C: "what is going on, here?"

WhiteFox

Do you know what the rune means or symbolizes?

Quote from: Basilisk on June 11, 2010, 09:51:09 AM
> Grab swords first, then investigate.  If the wound is as bad as it seems, the figure is probably already dead.  If he/she is -not- dead, try and ask the most obvious of questions, A: "Where are we?" (wait for reply)  B: "Who are you?" (again, wait for reply) and C: "what is going on, here?"
Seconded.

Stop listening to the ShadesFox, trust the WhiteFox.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

SquirrelWizard

The first order of business is to secure the room. To do that, grab a sword off of the wall, and search the room thoroughly. If you find something that looks like it wants to do you harm, hit it with the sword till it stops. After you have made sure the room is free of any lurking baddies, go see what the condition is of the person crumpled in the corner. If they are non responsive, search their body for anything useful. Finally, if they're dead, strip them of their robes, and cut away any blood stains with the mirror shard (mind the sharp edges). Its dirty, but having some extra cloth handy other than your dress would be helpful.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Sunblink

He looks dead, if not unconscious and not capable of interfering with whatever you're about to do. Sneak inside, being as quiet as possible, and take one of the swords. Gingerly inspect the body slumped against the wall.

STEAL THE SWORDS, DO IT LIKE A BOSS.

ShadesFox

Obey the ShadesFox~

He is probably the one who helped you earlier.  Show him respect and thank him.  He he still lives then bro fist as well.

After that poke the holo projector.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

I second the general gist here.

>Go through and take a sword or two (IF they are not to heavy for Jeanette to wield), then cautiously inspect the body. If alive, ask the obvious questions. If not, (carefully!) search for anything useful. He is indeed likely the voice who was helping earlier...

Magic

>Grab and wield as many swords as you can, if they're not heavy.

Huh. They're amazingly light.

>Investigate the cloaked figure.

Okay I-- what?

Lisky

>Go sword first to investigate the scene where the body was,  If no clues appear, investigate the liquids on the table

That_wolf

>Place the tip of your sword on it's neck, and demand it to tell you if it's alive. If it does not respond, jab it in the arm, wait if it yells out, and only then, check for a pulse.
Abel needs a hug...