04/30/2010 [DMFA#1111] Fluids, Fashion, and certain Canadian Artists.

Started by Turnsky, April 30, 2010, 03:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjalf

Quote from: candide on May 01, 2010, 09:16:39 AM
But when that theory plants itself on the living room sofa and goes:  "<waving>Hi There."   --- they'd change their tune real fast.

It was probably the limp wrist that did it. You didn't lithp too, did you?   :tongue

Oh come on, that was totally funny ...   :sweatdrop

Arcblade

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2010, 10:19:59 AM
I knew someone was going to do this.

And yet you seem so surprised... ;-]

Clearly, he has just enough hope for humanity to hope against reality.   :mowtongue

That said, I do appreciate that he went out of his way to explain how the stereotype of "looking fancy" = gay is just a stereotype, and that "lifestyle" is an offensive term.  Hopefully I'll remember these things the next time I deal with folks. 

candide

Quote from: Arcblade on May 01, 2010, 09:37:39 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 01, 2010, 10:19:59 AM
I knew someone was going to do this.

And yet you seem so surprised... ;-]

Clearly, he has just enough hope for humanity to hope against reality.   :mowtongue
Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote from: Arcblade on May 01, 2010, 09:37:39 PM
That said, I do appreciate that he went out of his way to explain how the stereotype of "looking fancy" = gay is just a stereotype, and that "lifestyle" is an offensive term.  Hopefully I'll remember these things the next time I deal with folks.
:mowhappy

That's exactly why I posted such a long explanation:  to fight the rightwing propaganda being spread here in the US.

Quote from: danman on May 01, 2010, 10:24:50 AM
Quote from: candide on May 01, 2010, 09:16:39 AMBut when that theory plants itself on the living room sofa and goes:  "<waving>Hi There."   --- they'd change their tune real fast.

This is so like Daryil!
I hadn't realized it, but yes, you're right.  It is.

And, usually, when I'm actually saying this, I drop my voice an octave and say," Hi There," in a smooth, flat, serious tone.

Not at all like ... this:

Quote from: Bjalf on May 01, 2010, 11:37:01 AM
Quote from: candide on May 01, 2010, 09:16:39 AMBut when that theory plants itself on the living room sofa and goes:  "<waving>Hi There."   --- they'd change their tune real fast.

It was probably the limp wrist that did it. You didn't lithp too, did you?   :tongue

<sarcasm><dq>Gurl, puhleeeze!  Limp wrists is sooo 1950's.  And lisps?  Girl, what century are you livin' in?!?!  :rolleyes</dq></sarcasm>

See ... you see this?  *points to Bjalf*  This is why I have to go dragging out that long post.  Year. after. year.  For 15+ years.  You'd think that, by now, I woudn't need this heavy, clunky old thing.  *kicks the well-worn explanation*  But noooooooo ... no some people have to continue living back in the 1970's.  (Or 1870's.)

(I'm only partly serious with that last paragraph.)

Bjalf

Quote from: candide on May 02, 2010, 10:50:33 AM
See ... you see this?  *points to Bjalf*  This is why I have to go dragging out that long post.  Year. after. year.  For 15+ years.  You'd think that, by now, I woudn't need this heavy, clunky old thing.  *kicks the well-worn explanation*  But noooooooo ... no some people have to continue living back in the 1970's.  (Or 1870's.)

(I'm only partly serious with that last paragraph.)

Well, you know (4th frame) ...

:D

Anker Steadfast

Offcourse, one just cannot help but start making fun of the stereotypes that exists.
Particularly the perceptions some people have, are just too funny to not make fun of.

We once had a gay comedian at a local pup, who said this :
"In some cases I have managed to convince people that gayness can be transferred trough bacteria in the air, only to be told that air filters helps against that. Imagine the commercial for that airfilter ? Buy our new airfilters, now also proof against gayness."

People will believe *anything* !
And it can be hilarious.

Quote from: Bjalf on April 30, 2010, 09:02:50 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on April 30, 2010, 03:48:06 AMGranted not all fashion designers are gay, they just dress like it.  :U
They're not gay? Lies! Lies and slander!

It's true !!
Some are bisexual !

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.