04/23/10 [PF#112] - My Brain Hurts!

Started by Turnsky, April 25, 2010, 02:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 26, 2010, 11:28:37 AM
I bet Mac is a bit upset because all the latest intruders are guest or live there.  He hasn't had a chance to go after intruders since episode 025

What really, really upsets Mac is the fact that people are able to teleport.  He's not too happy with the fact that some of them can change their face on a whim either, but the idea of intruders simply appearing inside the base does not sit well with him at all.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Depends on how big the trebuchet is, really.

Of course, breathing becomes an issue as you get higher. Or, in Dorcan's case, air-cooling...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raskahn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 27, 2010, 07:41:53 AMOf course, breathing becomes an issue as you get higher. Or, in Dorcan's case, air-cooling...

Not unless he pulls off an Icarus.

Tapewolf

A bit off-topic, but if anyone's interested, HollyAnn has done a nice ink of Dorcan's mother here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3774398

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Madmann135 on April 27, 2010, 01:54:54 AM

Looks like getting off the ground is the easy part for Dorcan, staying off the ground is the hard part.

But I thought everyone knew the proper technique is to throw yourself at the ground and miss!

;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 27, 2010, 06:19:06 PM
But I thought everyone knew the proper technique is to throw yourself at the ground and miss!

;)
Yes. First of all, you need to throw yourself really high up. :P

Madmann135

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 27, 2010, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: SpottedKitty on April 27, 2010, 06:19:06 PM

;)
Yes. First of all, you need to throw yourself really high up. :P

And unless you break orbit you will hit ground.  It is only a matter of time

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

I dunno when we're going to be able to update.  I've heard nothing from Ren or Spooks and I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do anything by this evening, particularly since I'm going to have to do a system rebuild.  There will be something up tomorrow, though, even if it's not the actual strip.

ChaosMageX

It's a shame that I noticed this far too late for you to do anything to fix it:

In the 2nd-to-last panel, Jakob is raising his left eyebrow, but his left ear still appears to be flattened down, when it should be perked up to emphasis his eyebrows.

This is often a classic thing that happens when anthro animals show the :erk expression.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on May 01, 2010, 12:28:51 PM
In the 2nd-to-last panel, Jakob is raising his left eyebrow, but his left ear still appears to be flattened down, when it should be perked up to emphasis his eyebrows.

Ren seems to be offline, so I might give it a go.  I should probably do some final checks on the rebuild first, though.
I'm also tempted to convert the root drive to butterFS - I think I've probably used up my quota of bad luck for today, so it's unlikely to cause any more problems.

EDIT:

I've added a status update.  We will be running a special one-off strip tomorrow (we've spent the last 3 weeks working on it) and I'll add the proper comic as and when I can.

Tapewolf

Okay, intermission.  Hope you enjoy this, especially the protagonist.

Brunhidden

what, no intermission jingle? no dancing foodstuffs?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.