[Writing] Random little piece.

Started by Don, April 19, 2010, 10:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

Just a little something that ran through my head last night while thinking over some things.

"From the first time I saw you, I wasn't quite sure what to make of you, you seemed intelligent and refined, witty, perhaps a bit snarky, I became curious to know more about you.

When we had our first conversation, it was easily clear you were several leagues above me in terms of intellect and wit, but that only served to intrigue me more.. and I felt compelled to try and follow you.

Stumbling, stuttering and tripping along in your footsteps I began to wonder if I would ever be able to keep up to you.

Coughing through a cloud of dust kicked up from a fall, I hear you let out a soft chuckle, and for a moment you extend a hand to me, helping me to my feet, then with a light smile and a wink, you turn and continue on your way.

And as you walk, a little panther continues to stumble along behind you, wishing so much that he could be at your side."

Comment, or don't. I just felt like I wanted to post this in a few places, not trying to sound rude or anything, just a little distracted by recent events. I apologise if it may be taken that way.

For those who think this is lacking description, or that it is very vague, that's done on purpose.  Thanks for reading, and for what it's worth, I hope you like it.

Drayco84

Huh... Interesting little poem... It obviously refers to a mentor or teacher.

All and all, not bad. I'm not really finding anything to comment on, but I'm also kinda tired and not able to focus.

WhiteFox

Wow, that's pretty.

I don't think it's lacking or vague: it's a complete sentiment as it is. It's all about the feeling, and the facts are immaterial. Everything's reduced to what really matters.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...