03/27/10 [Clan Leaders 12] - Hope springs eternal

Started by Jairus, March 26, 2010, 03:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Poor Fa'Lina.

Well, this does clarify a few issues on Cubi clan mechanics. And also raises more questions about Destania... suddenly, Fa'Lina and Destania's slight antagonism to one another makes a bit of sense.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lego3400

Fa'lina looks like she needs a hug in this picture. A really big hug. And the midwife and hope affinty explain's Fa'Lina's love of children.

AmigaDragon

Interesting, the clan quirk is that there is no clan quirk. :mowdizzy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Shachza

She sure has a lot of hair in that picture.

And what an appropriate affinity for her.  If she didn't keep slogging along despite her losses she could literally starve to death.

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 26, 2010, 03:12:15 AM
Fa'lina looks like she needs a hug in this picture. A really big hug. And the midwife and hope affinty explain's Fa'Lina's love of children.

Group hug time! :eager :hug :hug :hug :hug
            <-- #1 that is!

Kipiru

The goddess in pink- you have to admire how Fa'lina has found a way around the loss of her clan. Instead of plunging into despair, she is still a force to be reckoned with.

Nino

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I feel so bad for Fa'Lina..........  :< Well, I send some special muffins her way; since I know she likes them so!  :mowwink

I personally would not have been surprised if the clan quirk was something to do with the color pink, since it can be seen in almost everything Fa'Lina wears.  :P (including her hair and wings in that, too)

nicoreon the tyrannical

Wow, hope will beat the living daylights out of you. With this info, i cant help but wonder how many more adopted kids she has, that we have not seen.

Keklily

Now we got to know a fact that apply to Cyra clan too! Cyra has  two members Destania and Dan Cyra her self didn't count! (if the note after the * applys to all clans that is, which with logic I hope does!)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shachza on March 26, 2010, 03:20:06 AM
And what an appropriate affinity for her.  If she didn't keep slogging along despite her losses she could literally starve to death.

I'm not sure that ascended 'Cubi still need to feed - they seem to generate their own energy.

**EDIT**
Hmm, looks like she was under a thousand when she ascended.

And yeah, I thought SAIA was probably going to be in its own hyperrealm.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lego3400

I was going to say this in my last post but I forgot. I honestly didn't expect Fa'Lina to show up after I saw Cyra only counted Dan and Destina as members thus making Falina clan a clan of Zero and thus "Inactive" It surprised me.

Feather Dancer

I suppose a lot of hints have been dropped about her over time but I have to say, props to her to take a massive tradgey and turn it into something with potential to do good. If melancholic here she does look lovely, must be a special ability of making her pink self look good no matter what.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Kirishala

Quote from: Shachza on March 26, 2010, 03:20:06 AM
Cubi aren't limited to feeding on the emotion they have an affinity for, it is just the one that they find some combination of easiest, tastiest, or most nutritious.  They can at least survive on any emotions so starving to death due to depression is impossible as any depression deep enough to risk that would also provide enough energy to survive on.  If anything the most dangerous emotional state for a Cubi is apathetic as that is the closest to a lack of emotions to feed on (of course having said this the next clan leader will probably have an affinity for apathy).

Also even if Fa'Lina needs to feed on hope to survive its not a problem so long as she wasn't so depressed to be suicidal, all she would need to do is be around hopeful people on a regular basis (consider how Cyra is able to survive without apparently being a masochist).

Bjalf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 26, 2010, 03:18:15 AM
Interesting, the clan quirk is that there is no clan quirk. :mowdizzy

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on March 26, 2010, 03:25:03 AM
I personally would not have been surprised if the clan quirk was something to do with the color pink, since it can be seen in almost everything Fa'Lina wears.  :P (including her hair and wings in that, too)

Clan Quirk:
Fa'Lina herself. You can't get any quirkier than that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on March 26, 2010, 04:08:52 AM
I was going to say this in my last post but I forgot. I honestly didn't expect Fa'Lina to show up after I saw Cyra only counted Dan and Destina as members thus making Falina clan a clan of Zero and thus "Inactive" It surprised me.

I wasn't sure, but I'd say that running a school for virtually all 'Cubi clans in the world probably counts as "very active"  :3
If she'd just sat in a cave brooding for 7000 years, then no, she probably wouldn't have made the grade.

Sind

hope?
Hope? ...
HOPE? o_O

honestly, I wasn't expecting that =/
She looks much more like "annoyance/irritation" to me
Aw well, at least that means I'm not dead yet ^-^

Also, if Fa'Lina were to ever die, the whole academy and everyone inside it would be doomed...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sind on March 26, 2010, 04:52:44 AM
Also, if Fa'Lina were to ever die, the whole academy and everyone inside it would be doomed...

Since it would presumably happen within SAIA, she might be able to foresee it and take appropriate precautions, such as evacuating it first.

Turnsky

one does ponder about the potential power of....... SCIENCE, to bring a little hope to the clan o' hope.  >:3

(and off in the distance you can hear the crazed clattering of keys from many a fanfic writer)  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Well I find it almost ironic how shes empowered by Hope yet I am sure she's starving for it

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on March 26, 2010, 05:49:44 AM
Well I find it almost ironic how shes empowered by Hope yet I am sure she's starving for it

I bet she's brought hope to her race and her students, though.

MT Hazard

Interesting that Fa'lina doesn't think of 'hope' as peaceful behaviour...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2010, 06:04:44 AM
Interesting that Fa'lina doesn't think of 'hope' as peaceful behaviour...

Maybe she hopes the dragons will all die horribly?  :3

Bjalf

Interesting that Fa'lina does think of 'hope' as peaceful behaviour...

Err, didn't she say the exact opposite?

Anyway, it made Dan much more peaceful.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Bjalf on March 26, 2010, 06:08:16 AM
Interesting that Fa'lina does think of 'hope' as peaceful behaviour...

Err, didn't she say the exact opposite?

Anyway, it made Dan much more peaceful.

You'll notice that I corrected my spelling mistake from 'does' to 'doesn't'.

Also I do wonder if Cyra lent a hand with the magic of SAIA, making it harder to find, perhaps giving up Dest would have compromised the academy.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 26, 2010, 05:51:14 AM
Quote from: Zedd on March 26, 2010, 05:49:44 AM

I bet she's brought hope to her race and her students, though.
That is true though...

Kirishala

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2010, 06:12:04 AM
Also I do wonder if Cyra lent a hand with the magic of SAIA, making it harder to find, perhaps giving up Dest would have compromised the academy.
I'm pretty certain that SAIA wasn't created until after Fa'Lina lost her clan so that wouldn't have been why she wouldn't give up Destinia.  OTOH Cyra could still have been involved in the creation of SAIA as repayment for the protection of her daughter.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2010, 06:12:04 AM
[Also I do wonder if Cyra lent a hand with the magic of SAIA, making it harder to find, perhaps giving up Dest would have compromised the academy.

If Fa'Lina is one of Mab's special friends, this may have been her wish.

VAE

Well, mainly, there are no members to have a  clan quirk...

As for the affinity, did not expect  this - i thought it would be drive or something , but hope makes a lot of sense, still. (And explains why she was trying to put folk like Abel back together -  no food otherwise) (Although as a clan leader i guess it is not survival-important)

As for the wish - this could be, although.... might be something to do with ascension too - i mean except for clan Dimanika there seem to be no ascensions for several thousand years, If the circumstances were 'interesting' in the sense of a large battle or a massacre there would likely be a mention, and on the other hand if she found some method to do so, there would either be a sooner war likely, or more ascensions... (of course the hole in my thinking is that we do not know of dead clan leaders)
That and concealment and even dimension magic does not seem to me as something a determined tri-wing could not do..
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alondro

*Charles uses geek otaku logic*  Hmm... a betrayal... entire clan slaughtered...

:U

Fa'lina = Sasuke from Naruto!

Which must mean that the ultimate bad guy is ALSO actually from her clan but IN DISGUISE, like Tobi actually being Uchiha Madara!!!  

:U

OMFG!!!  Hizell is actually a Cubi from Fa'lina's clan and has space-distorting powers from his eyes!  And could potentially be the devil or something!  Or maybe a dark god of chaos... who ends up kinda only half-bad cuz the other god is a jerk and the title character was actually even more powerfull... there was that other manga "Id" that was like that... which could mean Fa'lina is actually the most powerful being of all but doesn't know it cuz it's partly through her other half, which is likely sealed up in a sword... created by the dragons!  YES!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!  HEE HEEE HEEE HEEEE!!!

*Charline  :erk *  Someone needs to stop reading manga for 9 hours at a time...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jasonrevall

Well she may have lost one family, but in a way, she gained another. To me she almost feels like a ghost here. I wonder if that was intentional.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.