03/19/10 [SB #4] - 400 years

Started by Madmann135, March 19, 2010, 07:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

I honestly want to say something about this comic update but after reading it for the 12th time all I can do is laugh.

on one hand we have an admittance that Jakob tried a gay relationship but is only attracted to women ... and we have the protective parent ...And we have him admitting that 400 years in school with shape shifters who stay in their 20's means self experimentation ...and we have a clan leader who was terrified of one of his clan mates when said leader thought of said clan mate's offspring in more than a platonic way... and the clan leader admitting to what he as a clan trait ...and my favorite the shock.

So many things happening in one page that all together equals multiple laughs.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

techmaster-glitch

Madmann135

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 19, 2010, 09:04:58 PM
Heh heh. Papa bear much? :3

Sometimes an overprotective is a good thing. ...This case happens to be one of them.

Pagan

Why is that Daryill only tends to hit on guys from his clan? And why are there so many members of his clan that don't have that trait?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Madmann135

Quote from: Pagan on March 20, 2010, 12:24:49 AM
Why is that Daryill only tends to hit on guys from his clan? And why are there so many members of his clan that don't have that trait?

The theory behind the trait not working is because as the blood line passed on with each generation, that particular trait (to the relief of many straight males) was thinned to the point where it became generally ineffective on the new generation(s) of native clan members.

Why he hits on his own clan mates is probably because he knows that there is a high chance that they are gay.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 20, 2010, 01:10:44 AM

The theory behind the trait not working is because as the blood line passed on with each generation, that particular trait (to the relief of many straight males) was thinned to the point where it became generally ineffective on the new generation(s) of native clan members.

Why he hits on his own clan mates is probably because he knows that there is a high chance that they are gay.
*I know how it actually works....because I've read the Future History O:)

Pagan

Hm. Was that it? I remember something about how the trait only "kicks in" when the population of the clan got too large. A population-limiter, as it were.
I was just making the point that most of Clan Daryill that we've seen doesn't have one of the clan traits.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

To be fair, Jakob is fairly distantly descended from Daryil, if they are related at all - when Daryil pulled his clan together, not all his followers were necessarily blood relations or his own direct family.

As for why, he was mostly doing this during a time decades or centuries before the DMFA mainline, when it was a dangerous thing to be seen to be a 'Cubi (see Mink's mother).  He isn't a tri-wing, but he does have some tenuous link to his clan members, and they provided a pool of known 'Cubi for him.
When he was looking for a mate in this way Daryil tended to spring on people who were more distantly related to him - someone who was a direct descendant would be a bit too freaky, even for him.  

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E