03/08/10 [FC#03] - Rapid Answering

Started by OminousShadow, March 07, 2010, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OminousShadow

Dang it. We still know don't know if Mink is male of female.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Howl

I just write it off as male because of the shirt. Or lack thereof.

OminousShadow

But mink could be just shape shifting what possible seeable evidence of being female away as to be able to be shirtless.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

Wanderer

Mink IS. That is all we know on Earth, and all we need to know.

Kazuki

Of course, with individuals who can shapeshift at will, other than their own personal preference, does it really matter at all? I mean, I could definitely see some cubi choosing to go the Tenko Kuugen route...

The_one_who_is_odd

This is going to continually drive me bonkers I want to know if Mink is a he or a she

Naldru

Quote from: Wanderer on March 07, 2010, 11:42:32 PM

Actually, what Descartes said implied that I know that I am and you know that you are.  However, everything else is uncertain.

Edit:

I actually believe that Descartes was laughing when he said this.  What I heard was that there was a big debate by the philosophers of how a philosopher could know that he was real.  Descartes felt that the argument was meaningless and wrote this statement to shut them up.  However, he also knew that it didn't settle the underlying issues because all it settled was the fact of the thinker's own existence.  However, the philosophers going through the meaningless arguments viewed it as sheer brilliance.

My vision is Descartes looking at the following discussion and thinking to himself - "These guys are idiots"
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Drayco84

I don't know if I should visit Canada with the purpose of smacking Mason upside the head, or take notes from this guy...

Seriously, I thought Amber's cop outs were real pieces of work... She has been one-upped, and one-upped well.

Ted Schiller

Not magic.  Sciiiience!

This message brought to you by the Mad Scientist League.
Please use mad science responsibly.

With regards,
Ted

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on March 08, 2010, 12:00:14 PM
(snip lGhostwish)
Quote from: Ted Schiller on March 08, 2010, 01:16:30 AM
Not magic.  Sciiiience!

(snip)

And, I'm guessing you just want everyone to turn into females with school uniforms ? :D
Not everyone.  Me, in particular. 

Actually, I was hoping for Professor Utonium and the Italian University Powerpuff Girls. ^_^;

With regards,
Ted

Kenji

Scrap Fish

Quote from: OminousShadow on March 07, 2010, 11:31:02 PM
But mink could be just shape shifting what possible seeable evidence of being female away as to be able to be shirtless.
Then does it really matter? Mink can shift into being what ever Mink wants. Male, female, or something else entirely.

Also, I have know idea why I'm on this forum at this time of night. Zzzz....

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

LoneHowler

and here I thought deebs fed off the dust and lint
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Drayco84

Not magic.  Sciiiience!

With regards,
Ted
But if mad science was used responsibly, it wouldn't be MAD science!

Then again, you probably should define "responsibly"...

dravus

*laughs hard at the cubi related question*

that's the most truthful answer I've heard when used as a joke

*wakes up with bedhead constantly.....along the the zombie demeanour*

entropicage

While he... TECHNICALLY... answered the letter of the questions, he really left much to be desired in the explanation portion.

D+

Michael Chandra

Which is exactly why this rocks. Besides, I'd consider the answer on Mink a good one. You can take it as a dodge, or as the exact answer to the question.

Gabi

I'm thinking Mason would make a good APF. Or AP... H?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Anri

psilorder

Quote from: Kazuki on March 07, 2010, 11:43:57 PM
Of course, with individuals who can shapeshift at will, other than their own personal preference, does it really matter at all? I mean, I could definitely see some cubi choosing to go the Tenko Kuugen route...

interesting question. can cubi shift their internals so that they can (if going from male) get pregnant or (going from female) produce sperm?
or is it just their externals, that is it has the same basic effect as a modern gener operation, they look like the gener they want to look like but dont have the reproductive organs of that gender?

Tapewolf

Quote from: psilorder on March 08, 2010, 08:19:53 AM
interesting question. can cubi shift their internals so that they can (if going from male) get pregnant or (going from female) produce sperm?
or is it just their externals, that is it has the same basic effect as a modern gener operation, they look like the gener they want to look like but dont have the reproductive organs of that gender?

IIRC (and this may have changed as it's a while since Amber posted it) it's possible to undergo a magical sex-change operation, which basically means recoding the DNA.  This is a nontrivial exercise and can only be done once or twice.
It is not possible for a 'Cubi to change sex by shapeshifting to the extent you're describing - they can change themselves well enough to get laid, but you can't get an incubus pregnant and a succubus can't get someone else pregnant, no matter what their appearance is.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

D'ymkarra

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on March 07, 2010, 11:49:31 PM
This is going to continually drive me bonkers I want to know if Mink is a he or a she

And this, is precisely why we may never get a definitive answer....Amber's madness is slowly spreading  :zombiekun2

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 08, 2010, 08:28:50 AM
Quote from: psilorder on March 08, 2010, 08:19:53 AM

IIRC (and this may have changed as it's a while since Amber posted it) it's possible to undergo a magical sex-change operation, which basically means recoding the DNA.  This is a nontrivial exercise and can only be done once or twice.
It is not possible for a 'Cubi to change sex by shapeshifting to the extent you're describing - they can change themselves well enough to get laid, but you can't get an incubus pregnant and a succubus can't get someone else pregnant, no matter what their appearance is.

Makes sense w/regards to the clothes example he gave - changing yourself grossly, and maybe modelling new "organs" is moderately difficult but even without genetic change, a true sex change would involve magically producing accurate ovaries/testicles with proper internal structure, which sounds like a job for years even if each action was easy...
After all, i would say that when for example Dan grew breasts to mimic Alexi, they were likely nonfunctional too - probably just a bulge of muscle, like the transplants they used to give to those with cancer.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Say it as it is Mason. Say it how it is. :boogie

I bet Mason could fire down each question with an amusing and not necessarily informative answer.

Question answering like that should be a crime. I'm for to amused by Mason's answers for this comic to be possibly legal. :P 
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Wanderer

Quote from: Naldru on March 07, 2010, 11:58:21 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 07, 2010, 11:42:32 PM

Actually, what Descartes said implied that I know that I am and you know that you are.  However, everything else is uncertain.

I can't say I really care about Descartes. I shall use his words out of context for whatever purpose I wish. :P

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 07, 2010, 11:35:34 PMMink is a squiggly.

This++

Not magic.  Sciiiience!

With regards,
Ted

And, I'm guessing you just want everyone to turn into females with school uniforms ? :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

white wolf

O_o Mason is now my official hero. I can see why Amber loves him.  :3 Go Mason! Your awesome!
http://crowngpt.com/ use this website to make free money that can be used to donate to Amber. I post this WITHOUT my ref link so i gain nothing, and only attempt to help Amber.

Garsemor

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 07, 2010, 11:35:34 PM
Mink is a squiggly.
I second this course of decision, Mink is a squiggly for sure.