Is anyone else gearing up for Runescapes 2x xp weekend?

Started by Drayco84, March 06, 2010, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

At the risk of getting grilled alive over an open flame, is anyone else stockpiling materials for when Runescape unleashes its first double xp weekend? (If you want, you can find out more on RS's hompage. It;s the developer diary "Save the Date" if you want more details. There's a twist to it, so you might want to read it if you're interested.)

EDIT: My username is Gigadrayco if anyone's up for a chat while grinding.

techmaster-glitch

Ooh, I should check in on this...Thank you for posting! :3

RobbieThe1st

I never really thought about it, but yea, I'll do some training that weekend.

RSN: RobbieThe2nd

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

nicoreon the tyrannical

Drayco84

I've collected 125 talon beast charms. That -should- get me up to lvl 79 summ. After that, I'll be making pots 'til I drop.

EDIT: However, I've only got about 2 days to finish getting that quota.

EDIT 2: This sucker starts FRIDAY, 7am and runs to 7am MONDAY EST, or from 4am Fri to 4am Mon. (GMT: 12pm to 12pm.) Crap, I need more Wine of Zammy!

techmaster-glitch

I looked it up though, and alas, it is a members-only event...oh well.

Drayco84

Yeah, RS usually releases the major goodies for mems. But, monthly subscription is only about $5 a month. (I think... Been a while since I last got a new account...) And if you're gonna pay for a level-grind treadmill, It's a ton cheaper than games like WoW.

Tipod

Reading their forums reaction to the XP weekend is pretty hilarious since it's divided between people demanding they be compensated for missing it and high-level players who feel their hours of timewasting have been sullied by allowing lesser players to level up faster.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Drayco84

Well, bonus XP weekend is over. This topic can be locked, baleeted, whatever.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How about ignored?

... no, wait, we were already doing that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears