What Are You Listening To? - Part Four, yes finally

Started by Sunblink, February 26, 2010, 05:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Teh_Hobo

GWAR - Metal Metal Land
HERE IN METAL METAL LAND
EVERY DAY IS NIGHT
EXCEPT OF COURSE WHEN NIGHT IS DAY
BUT THEN THERE IS NO LIGHT

God damn I love GWAR.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Zedd

Tapewolf

Steeleye Span's song "Black Jack Davy" (1975).  Not to be confused with the Bob Dylan/White Stripes song, though it's taken from the same original ballad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NopFS1UiNkA

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

At first I was listening to Snow Patrol's "You Could Be Happy", but then I started getting teary so I stopped it. Then I listened to "Carry Me Down" - Demon Hunter.

And when that didn't work, I listened to the song Tapewolf posted, and I feel better now.

Fuck Snow Patrol. :c

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 15, 2010, 04:36:38 PM
At first I was listening to Snow Patrol's "You Could Be Happy", but then I started getting teary so I stopped it. Then I listened to "Carry Me Down" - Demon Hunter.

That wasn't exactly cheery either  :B

And oh dear, it looks like I'll end up buying Steeleye Span's entire back catalogue at this rate.  The albums I do have - "Below the Salt" and "Parcel of Rogues" are among their best but apparently I was foolish to neglect the others.

"Bedlam Boys" by Steeleye Span, off their "Please to See the King" album.  [Note that it gets better after 1:11]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VD8tx3l_w

...my parents used to sing this to me as a nursery rhyme.  Not surprising, since they used to see the band live a few years before I was born.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

"How You Like Me Now?" - The Heavy

Jeez... This is my temporary favorite song. It's SO awesome. :boogie

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2010, 07:11:31 PMThat wasn't exactly cheery either  :B

Dude, it was cheerier than "You Could Be Happy"! >:[

lol I wonder what that says about me. :c

ShadesFox

First, I have to say that recently I've been playing a good chunk of Divinity II: Ego Draconis, and have gotten to the point where you turn into a dragon...

"Where Dragons Rule" - Dragon Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2EoDKvphnM
Now we are defenseless, in the land where dragons rule~
The All Purpose Fox

Liatai

"Toeto." It's. Too. Cute. ^_^

I'll admit, I have a little bit of a weakness for Vocaloid music. Granted, I have to look up the translations for the ones in Japanese, but I just admire how well the people who make these songs use those digital (simulated-vocal) instruments to tell the stories and create the effects they want.

... Oh, no! Now it's stuck in my head! Help!

Teh_Hobo

Ian Moore - Blue Sky - Bluesy goodness.
Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide - I have no idea what this vevo bullhonk is, but i enjoy that video.
Drowning Pool - Tear Away - god listening to this again takes me back to my middle school mallgoth days.

Have all these in a playlist in preparation for seeing all these bands tomorrow night.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kristin Chenoweth's last performance in Wicked.

Lysander

Dragon Force OST Theme of Tieris

Also, I'd really like to see Wicked some day. Sounds like a great production.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

llearch n'n'daCorna

It is, indeed. The London cast changes in a couple of weeks, though, so I can't say how the new cast will be.

DSO, a selection thereof from youtube; particularly much of the newer album, Sing Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious.

Angel

"The World is Mine" - Neil Patrick Harris as The Music Meister, "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" (don't judge me)

"The Greatest Show Unearthed" - Creature Feature

"The Prayer" - sung by Chloë Agnew
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sunblink

The Rolling Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash" as sung by David Cook. Aww... where's the iTunes download? I desperately want this song.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 18, 2010, 07:47:46 AM
DSO, a selection thereof from youtube; particularly much of the newer album, Sing Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious.

OHOHOHOHOHOHO.

You're welcome. ;)

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Lysander

TytajLucheek

Sunblink

"St. James Infirmary Blues" - The White Stripes

Fun fact: this song was listened to with a pair of headphones that was NOT PLAYING IN ONE EAR. And what makes me mad about this is that I bought these headphones eleven days ago. Man, and they looked so sexy. I thought they'd be immortal.

Liatai

"Armor and Sword" by Rush, in preparation for the Deathtrap Dungeon roleplay in the Haunted Ballroom. It reminds me a fair bit of Kittrick (the character I've submitted).

Sunblink

We got a replacement set of headphones for me, as well as a new iPod because I desperately needed one, so it's back to listenin'.

"Telephone" - Lady Gaga & Beyoncé

I feel ashamed for liking this song as much as I do.

bradypodidae

"Chief O'Neil's Hornpipe" by The Chieftains & Chet Atkins on Further Down the Old Plank Road

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Teh_Hobo

Cowboy Mouth - Jenny Says
This song always makes me feel better. Which is great since I'm kinda sick right now.

bradypodidae

"Mozart: Horn Concerto #3 In E Flat, K 447" Dennis Brain; Herbert Von Karajan: Philharmonia Orchestra, Mozart: Horn Concertos CD

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Drayco84

Am I the only one that listens to japanese music? Eh, probably... All this stuff is by Ali Project, and some of it is downright depressing. (If not downright EVIL!) If you want a translation, go Here. Heck, they do a ton of anime ending and beginning themes so odds are good you've heard some of them before. (.hack//GU, a couple of the LeLouch of the Rebellion endings, and the second example...)

Aka to Kuro (Red and Black), Lyrics/Translation
Hizamazuite Ashi wo Oname (Kneel Down and Lick My Feet), Lyrics/Translation

EDIT 20: Ugh... Stupid links...

Liatai

Nope, you're not. I like listening to music in non-English languages (even though I can't speak a lick of anything except English and Spanish). c: Most of the Japanese music I listen to is either Vocaloid music or Gackt, though.

I already brought up "Toeto" earlier in this thread... so, have another of my favorite Vocaloid tracks, "The Old Radio," subtitled in English.

Teh_Hobo

I listen to a few bands from Japan, though generally they don't use japanese in their lyrics much. There's Sigh, an avant garde black metal band, Gallhammer, another black metal band, on the non metal side I listen to DJ Sharpnel, Killingscum and m1dy, all hard techno.

Sigh - Prelude to the Oracle
Gallhammer - Killed by the Queen
DJ Sharpnel - World Sound
Killingscum - Mad Invaderz
M1dy - Cold Pizza

Lysander

TytajLucheek

bradypodidae

"Rumba Rumba Gitanita," Ruben Romero, Gypsy Passion: New Flamenco CD.

Avi by Tabi

USMC