02/13/10 [PF #101] - Ashford should have been in comedy

Started by Madmann135, February 13, 2010, 08:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Title thanks to Jakob's reactions to Ashford's inspiring words in the page.

I must say Joshua seemed to be faring well and only annoyed at Keaton...
For some reason when I see Joshua and Jakob talking they look like old friends.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on February 13, 2010, 08:04:04 PM
I must say Joshua seemed to be faring well and only annoyed at Keaton...
For some reason when I see Joshua and Jakob talking they look like old friends.

That's a big part of it, really.  Joshua is now technically "home" again, but the experience has left him changed.
Even without Ashford's paranoid treatment of him, he still may not be satisfied with what he had before, and his loyalty to the organisation is not as strong as it had been previously.
If he's put in a position where he has to choose between Jakob or Ashford, it could go either way.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

We very nearly overran with this, but we have a valentine's day update as well.

I'll take it down again tomorrow - if I remember - and put it in the outtakes page.  The image itself should always be available here, though:

http://www.project-future.org/strips/comic/vday2010.png

Gabi

How could Ashford say that with a straight face? XD

And... I'm afraid I don't recognize that guy. Who is he? It looks like incest in any case.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on February 14, 2010, 08:43:10 AM
And... I'm afraid I don't recognize that guy. Who is he? It looks like incest in any case.

It was just a casual thing anyway, for the duration of the Tree Party.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on February 14, 2010, 09:21:02 AM
Oh, and I'm sure that justifies it... >_>

I don't think even Daryil would go for someone directly descended from himself.  Daryil was 4000, Nigel was about 21.  That's a fair few generations, especially if most of the children were born while their parents were in their first century.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2010, 12:39:22 PM

I don't think even Daryil would go for someone directly descended from himself.  Daryil was 4000, Nigel was about 21.  That's a fair few generations, especially if most of the children were born while their parents were in their first century.

I'm reminded of the later adventures of Woodrow Wilson Smith (yes, Lazarus Long). He might not be as old as Daryil, but he's already facing the situation where, statistically, a large proportion of humanity in general, and virtually all of the Howard Families, are descended from him to greater or lesser degrees. Not that this revelation slows him down any...   ;)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Madmann135

Quote from: SpottedKitty on February 14, 2010, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2010, 12:39:22 PM

I don't think even Daryil would go for someone directly descended from himself.  Daryil was 4000, Nigel was about 21.  That's a fair few generations, especially if most of the children were born while their parents were in their first century.

I'm reminded of the later adventures of Woodrow Wilson Smith (yes, Lazarus Long). He might not be as old as Daryil, but he's already facing the situation where, statistically, a large proportion of humanity in general, and virtually all of the Howard Families, are descended from him to greater or lesser degrees. Not that this revelation slows him down any...   ;)

If you want to get technical, very early in the human reign, the human population was reduced to a few thousand and we managed to rebound from that.  So in short... all of humanity is related to each other as Very distant relatives.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

No comic yet, I'm afraid.  A bit of a delay on the lines, though they shouldn't be far off now.  Ren caught cold early in the week and threw off his schedule.  From the pencils, it should be pretty good when it's done.  Though I can't promise it will be finished tonight, probably not at this rate.

Meanwhile, I promised to explain the "Gluuueeee!" thing on the rant and then forgot.
Anyway, some years ago when I was evil and used Audiogalaxy to look for new music, I came across a song called "When the wolves return to the forest" by an obscure black metal outfit from Spain called "Nazgul".

The lyrics are utterly unintelligible but I swear the chorus is "Held together with glue".  They also scream something very much like "Gluuueeeee!" during one of the bridges in the song.  I'm sure if I manage to track down a copy I'll be horribly disappointed, though since it seems to have been self-published like mine, I think it would take an act of god to accomplish that.

When I finished last Friday's comic I was so shattered and sleep-deprived I was in no position to write a proper rant or give it a proper title and warned Keaton that if I tried it would probably consist of the aforementioned word.
...and that's about the size of it.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Madmann135 on February 19, 2010, 12:36:44 AM
If you want to get technical, very early in the human reign, the human population was reduced to a few thousand and we managed to rebound from that.  So in short... all of humanity is related to each other as Very distant relatives.

If you're willing to follow history back to Noah, humanity was taken down to just a few people, not a few thousand, making the relations that much closer.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

I didn't manage to finish it last night, but fingers crossed I'll have something by noon GMT.

In the meantime, people might like this:
http://mewgal.deviantart.com/art/COMMISSION-Niall-154721761
...I certainly do.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2010, 04:32:22 AM
I didn't manage to finish it last night, but fingers crossed I'll have something by noon GMT.

In the meantime, people might like this:
http://mewgal.deviantart.com/art/COMMISSION-Niall-154721761
...I certainly do.

Nice fan arts

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on February 20, 2010, 04:51:54 AM
Nice fan arts

Not quite sure it counts as fan-art if it's paid for, but she definitely had great fun making it, so I guess it might...

Anyway, we have the penultimate page of episode 12 up.  Enjoy.