Bayonetta

Started by Mrs_A_ZeTavia, February 04, 2010, 07:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'm curious if anyone has played the game yet?  :)

I was quite personally surprised that I enjoyed the game as much as I did. I normally don't play these types of games mostly sticking towards RPGs, but when I first saw a trailer for Bayonetta I was curious and had to give it a whirl.

For those of you haven't heard about the game, it's about the ultra sexy witch called Bayonetta, who wields four pistols (2 in each hand and 2 attatched to each heel) and she tries to figure out and gain clues surrounding her forgotten past; all while being attacked by holy angels (that look holy and demonic at the same time, ironically enough.......weird)  that would like her to R.I.P, if you get my drift.

The gameplay is energetic, fast paced and challenging. It's not just mashing buttons people, its about artistically creating a beautiful strain of attacks to have the best effect. Whether, it's summoning a giant demon from your hair or summoning various torture devices; each that can cause major damage. All of this takes place on breathtaking visuals, whether you're running and jumping from building to building sideways to avoid a river of lava below you or fighting a giant angel that's 100 times the size of you in a colloseum.

The only negative I found was the game allowed you to create different types of lollipop items that helped you (health, boost attack, etc); yet when you used said items in the game points were taken away when it came down to what trophy you would recieve at the end of that chapter. While granted I have no care for trophys in general; I just found this to be a little hypocritical.

Overall: 9/10 for me!  :3 And the game has hit my Top 3 list @ #3!  :boogie

Kafzeil

I've been playing through the game. Lot's of fun, and definitely a worthy action game and first HD game for Platinum Games.

The game manages to be stylish and cool, and funny at the same time. It's nice to see a game that doesn't take itself too seriously these days. Also, everything about the game is beautiful. The Angels you fight the environments, the Umbra Witch herself are all well designed animated, making them fun to look at.

The combat is also crazy awesome,with a pretty creative weapons system. The music is also pretty catchy, and i normally don't care much for J-Pop.

All and all, it seems as though Platinum Games is shaping up to be a pretty awesome developer, and this game proves it.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Kafzeil on February 05, 2010, 12:09:05 AM
I've been playing through the game. Lot's of fun, and definitely a worthy action game and first HD game for Platinum Games.

The game manages to be stylish and cool, and funny at the same time. It's nice to see a game that doesn't take itself too seriously these days. Also, everything about the game is beautiful. The Angels you fight the environments, the Umbra Witch herself are all well designed animated, making them fun to look at.

The combat is also crazy awesome,with a pretty creative weapons system. The music is also pretty catchy, and i normally don't care much for J-Pop.

All and all, it seems as though Platinum Games is shaping up to be a pretty awesome developer, and this game proves it.

Indeed, I'm looking forward to what else they will produce. What level of difficulty are you playing through?
I'll admit I played through "Easy", because...

1. Didn't want to be a wuss and do "Very Easy"
2. Since I never much played action games, I didn't want to be totally pwned (Glad I did, I died quite a bit towards the end of the game........^^;)

I'm actually playing through the "Easy" setting again for better practice, before I play "Normal". I want to play the best I can at this game!  :mowmeep

Kafzeil

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 05, 2010, 12:28:40 AM
Indeed, I'm looking forward to what else they will produce. What level of difficulty are you playing through?
I'll admit I played through "Easy", because...

1. Didn't want to be a wuss and do "Very Easy"
2. Since I never much played action games, I didn't want to be totally pwned (Glad I did, I died quite a bit towards the end of the game........^^;)

I'm actually playing through the "Easy" setting again for better practice, before I play "Normal". I want to play the best I can at this game!  :mowmeep

Infinite Space looks pretty cool, and Madworld was loads of fun. Platinum seems to combine some of the best things when I look into a developer: ambition while not losing sight of what's fun.

I am currently playing through on normal, it is surprisingly difficult. You will die quite often if you're not ready for it. Some of the enemies are also legitimate pains in the ass (I'm looking at your, Glorious and Gracious), but in all fairness, for me at least, the game on normal pisses me off just enough I want to beat the Hell out of it.Gives you a nice satisfying thrill once you do manage to kick that enemy who's been thrashing you around.helps the Action Commands, much like God of War, feel very fun to pull off, and put  a big, sadistic grin on my face every time. >:3
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Kafzeil on February 05, 2010, 01:29:54 AM
Infinite Space looks pretty cool, and Madworld was loads of fun. Platinum seems to combine some of the best things when I look into a developer: ambition while not losing sight of what's fun.

I am currently playing through on normal, it is surprisingly difficult. You will die quite often if you're not ready for it. Some of the enemies are also legitimate pains in the ass (I'm looking at your, Glorious and Gracious), but in all fairness, for me at least, the game on normal pisses me off just enough I want to beat the Hell out of it.Gives you a nice satisfying thrill once you do manage to kick that enemy who's been thrashing you around.helps the Action Commands, much like God of War, feel very fun to pull off, and put  a big, sadistic grin on my face every time. >:3

Indeed! You want to play a game that's fun and makes you want to beat it!  >:3 If I found the Easy mode hard for me and I can only imagine what would happen to me if I did Normal?! D: I know I felt  :mwaha EXTREMELY  :mwaha satisfied when I beat the final boss (I kept dying @ that one........... :cry...........Man it was huge!  'A') and I greatly enjoyed the bonus after the ending credits!  :love2 Heehee!  :3

ilpalazzo

I just look at this game like its Devil May Cry on crack, or as it should have been. I love it, and not just because of female lead character.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: ilpalazzo on February 05, 2010, 05:06:22 PM
I just look at this game like its Devil May Cry on crack, or as it should have been. I love it, and not just because of female lead character.

AGREED!! XD LOL Devil May Cry on crack!! Love that use of description! X3
The female lead character was just a bonus! >:3

Kafzeil

Yeah...funny how this game accomplished what the actual Devil May Cry 4 didn't. not that it was a bad game, my main gripe was Nero and the Devil Bringer. The Devil Bringer made the game a wee bit too easy for a Devil may Cry game, but if you don't use it, Neor gets pretty old fast due to simply not having as many or as varied moves as Dante or even characters like Kratos. The fact that the Dveil Bringer didn't do as nearly as many mindblowing things as I thought mad ethe game okay. It certainly wasn't as good as Devil may Cry 3.

As for Bayonetta, I like her quite a bit. I honestly wonder what it'd be like if Dante and Bayonetta got into a fight. II know a city block or two would be leveled...at best. At worst the universe would implode from sheeer crazy awesome.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Kafzeil on February 06, 2010, 01:53:49 AM
As for Bayonetta, I like her quite a bit. I honestly wonder what it'd be like if Dante and Bayonetta got into a fight. II know a city block or two would be leveled...at best. At worst the universe would implode from sheeer crazy awesome.

And I'd be right there when the "universe imploded from sheer crasy awesomeness", with a bucket of popcorn at the ready! XD It would be soooo epic! >:3

Kafzeil

Okay, finished my first plathrough of the game.

Holy Crap, Batman, the last few Stages were epic. I  loved the penulitimate battle and the final battle, even if the final boss kicked my ass.

All and all, I am definatly going back for more.I figure I'll need some practice/a better upgraded Bayonetta before i consider Hard and Non-Stop Climax. I so need to grind for Halos now.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Kafzeil on February 10, 2010, 04:57:32 PM
Okay, finished my first plathrough of the game.

Holy Crap, Batman, the last few Stages were epic. I  loved the penulitimate battle and the final battle, even if the final boss kicked my ass.

All and all, I am definatly going back for more.I figure I'll need some practice/a better upgraded Bayonetta before i consider Hard and Non-Stop Climax. I so need to grind for Halos now.

The final battle was definitely my fav, as well even though I got pwned myself a little. I've been practicing myself, I've been saving my halos, so I can get her ice skates. Those look fun!  >:3

R!P

I can't say i liked Bayonetta at first, after playing all the Devil May cry your appreciation of old gothic-ish architecture is severely impeded. Can't say i liked the characters either, but the more you play the more they grow on you. I considered exchanging the game after finishing it but the closer i was getting toward the end the more and more i was changing my mind, the city scenery toward the end really sold the game for me as a keeper, that fight with Jeanne on a skyscrapper at the end was visual orgasm for me, somewho reminding me of something similar in virtual fight 2 which i wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to give that same feel since there's already so much nod at Sega past games in Bayonetta.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: R!P on February 12, 2010, 11:42:31 AM
I can't say i liked Bayonetta at first, after playing all the Devil May cry your appreciation of old gothic-ish architecture is severely impeded. Can't say i liked the characters either, but the more you play the more they grow on you. I considered exchanging the game after finishing it but the closer i was getting toward the end the more and more i was changing my mind, the city scenery toward the end really sold the game for me as a keeper, that fight with Jeanne on a skyscrapper at the end was visual orgasm for me, somewho reminding me of something similar in virtual fight 2 which i wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to give that same feel since there's already so much nod at Sega past games in Bayonetta.

I quite enjoyed the fact that they made a nod toward their previous games. It was like a little reminder here and there about their greatness they accomplished throughout there years. Even if some of those games may not have been the best, it's still kind of an honor.

I also didn't think I enjoy the game, as much as I did; but me too am glad I gave the game a shot!  :3

R!P

Another thing, is it me or when Sega publish a game the developers put lots of old sega games homage in them? Gunstar Heroes advances had a couple of levels with levels directly lifted from sega games like Mappy and after burner.

Okay, i can only think of Gunstar heroes advance and Bayonetta, but i wonder if it's the begining of a new trend :P

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: R!P on February 13, 2010, 05:54:55 PM
Another thing, is it me or when Sega publish a game the developers put lots of old sega games homage in them? Gunstar Heroes advances had a couple of levels with levels directly lifted from sega games like Mappy and after burner.

Okay, i can only think of Gunstar heroes advance and Bayonetta, but i wonder if it's the begining of a new trend :P

Same here, I can only think of those to that had old homage to them. I never played Gunstar Heroes, but I've had a few classmates that have and have shared their views on the game.

If this is a new trend, I think on a pro it's like a little reminder of games from the past, so it's kinda like re-advertising for the past games, when they aren't really outright advertising them. I think on a negative, it could get repetitive and cliche and that and it's kinda like with the Final Fantasy series, where they have repetitive icons that define the series as a whole. For example, if there's a chocobo, it's probably a Final Fantasy game! XD