Dungeons and Dragons

Started by Cogidubnus, January 25, 2010, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirrelWizard

is there a way to bridge ventrilo and teamspeak?
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on January 29, 2010, 12:46:04 PM
is there a way to bridge ventrilo and teamspeak?

Probably not any way that would be easier than just downloading one or the other.

SquirrelWizard

oh yeah, and in anticipation of our adventures ahead, I thought I might post this...

http://www.complexactions.com/archive/052.shtml

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Neato. I'm happy to set up either a channel or another server for this, if needed. Also, is there any indication of what time of day and week, and in which timezone, we'd be meeting up?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 29, 2010, 04:48:29 PM
Neato. I'm happy to set up either a channel or another server for this, if needed. Also, is there any indication of what time of day and week, and in which timezone, we'd be meeting up?

I was going to try and figure something out. The Time Zone issue should make things interesting, if nothing else. :B - What's D&D when someone isn't tired out their mind, though?

Probably a weekend, as that's about when I expect most will be able to play.

Corgatha Taldorthar

My apologies, my intestines have entered into full revolt, and I'm not going to really be online until things subside.

Hoping to be back in a day or two,
Corgatha Taldorthar
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

techmaster-glitch

Note to all my prospective players, and to anyone else who might be interested:

I have successfully set up my own chat channel on llearch's chat server. If you do not have a chat client (like me), it can be accessed via this link (or simply find llearch's forum signature and click on the link there). Simply replace "lazy sod" with a name I will recognize, and login. You will be dropped into the comicfrenzy channel. To get to mine, simply type /join TechD&D , and you will enter my channel. Alternatively, you can shortcut to my channel by replacing the "#comicfrenzy" with "#TechD&D" at the login screen (be sure to leave the #).

I will be in this channel as often as I can. If I am not there, try again later.

And on another note, I believe we should all take a moment and observe a tribute to the creator of Dungeons and Dragons, Gary Gygax. I think this will be a refreshing way to start everyone off with all the D&D sessions, as the veterans will well appreciate the tribute, and the newbies will see what the lives of us veterans is like, and perhaps even learn the greatest lesson for the D&D player:

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

A Tribute to Gary Gygax.

SquirrelWizard

just wondering how are we gonna coordinate this? separate sight? endless screaming on the forums?

techmaster-glitch

What do you mean by coordinate, and who are you talking about?

(and you did read the tribute, right? ;) )

SquirrelWizard

coordinate as in when we're available, what times we should be getting on, ect...

techmaster-glitch

Well, you should be doing that with your DM, as far as I know.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Note that the channel name is not case sensitive - so /join #techd&d will work just as well as /join #tEcHd&D...

Cogidubnus

If everyone who I'm DM'ing could PM me with times that would work for them, I'd be much obliged.

bradypodidae

Just a heads up that techmaster-glitch has been doing a little recruiting and I am considering joining his party. I have no nerd-cred, zero, nada, zilch. The only thing I know of DnD is what I saw/heard on JAVGW. This will be the first time I have even looked in a Player's Handbook. So if I do decide to join tech's game, dust off all the old "noob" remarks and warm them up! Hopefully, if I do play, the worst that will happen is I will provide epic comic foil.

...and whats with tech's insistence I wear a "red shirt?"
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

SquirrelWizard

its merely a mark of honor.

As the shirt is the color of blood, all new players wear it as a mark of their newblood status.

Lisky

... Squirrel, why not just be honest, and admit it's the hallmark of disposable members of a team :P

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Basilisk on February 02, 2010, 02:13:12 PM
... Squirrel, why not just be honest, and admit it's the hallmark of disposable members of a team :P

hush you! If we don't encourage an aura of mystery through our various rituals, then just anybody can join our ranks...

Cogidubnus

Alright - looking at my schedule, and the general vibe of things so far, I'd like to start sometime on Friday - preferably early, so that the Box isn't staying up all night, which is to say around noonish, if all can make it.

SquirrelWizard

be that noonish eastern time?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on February 03, 2010, 02:47:42 AM
be that noonish eastern time?

I'm central here, so that'd be about 1:00 eastern, methinks.

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?day=5&month=2&year=2010&p1=64&p2=0&p3=179&p4=137

Says that 1200 CST is 1300 in NY and 1000 in LA, and 1800 in London.

I'm usually in transit around that time - I don't leave work until about half five on a Friday, so won't be home until 6:30 or 7. So you can probably ease that back a bit later, if you want.

Or I can leave early. That's also an option. ;-]

Cogidubnus

Unless you very much want to, we can start later. If I'm reading these clocks right, that should be about 2PM, then. Which works out well.

Keklily

I'm interested in playing under Techmaster's supireority! (is NOOB at D&D but will try and learn rules and stuffs)

Cogidubnus

Just putting a post here reminding my group that we're going to be playing today, at around 1:00 central or so. If you can make it, please do!

bradypodidae

What the heck; sign me on, Tech... newbies ahoy!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lisky

Question for Cog: any ideas when we're going to shoot for our next session?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

James StarRunner

Dang... I wish I had time for this.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Basilisk on February 10, 2010, 01:01:49 PM
Question for Cog: any ideas when we're going to shoot for our next session?

This weekend sometime, I imagine. Saturday, perhaps?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah...

I have flights out on Saturday, I think. So I'm likely not going to be around then. :-/

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2010, 08:11:47 AM
Ah...

I have flights out on Saturday, I think. So I'm likely not going to be around then. :-/

Well, we can do it earlier, if that works for you. Like I've said before, when everyone tells me when they can do it, I can plan for what time it's going to be.

We'll try for weekly, but that isn't always possible. If people will send me a PM of when is a good time, I'll do my best to make sure that the most people can make it.