Idea: what do you want to see?

Started by Turnsky, December 25, 2009, 05:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

curious with this one, one could say it'd be a mini-arc idea ala what amber's been doing lately, but i'm actually curious as to what informative 'mini-arcs' folks would like to see, depending on what's popular, i might see how things go on this line of thought, have at it!  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ChaosMageX

Oh, that's easy.  Do a mini-arc with each page describing a planet and the sentient species that inhabit it in your universe.  If more than one sentient species inhabit the planet natively, then have more than one page.
Also, a star map tying all these planets together would be helpful, even if they're several parsecs apart.

Icon by Sunblink

TheJimTimMan

I'd be quite interested in an overview of Ariannia's tech personally, since there's apparently quite a wide technology gap between most communties, at least in terms of method ie. Tae'lith are more magic-oriented by the looks of things, with your dwarf-analogues on the opposite end of the scale following a more scientific approach and the Terrati in the middle(at least, that's how I follow it). 
That's just me though, not sure anybody else'd be interested in that kind of thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 25, 2009, 05:29:28 PM
Oh, that's easy.  Do a mini-arc with each page describing a planet and the sentient species that inhabit it in your universe.  If more than one sentient species inhabit the planet natively, then have more than one page.
Also, a star map tying all these planets together would be helpful, even if they're several parsecs apart.

Er.

Do you have any idea how many planets are in his universe? And how much work you're suggesting for each? Even if it's a half a dozen planets, you're talking weeks of work. And since I believe T has said he has a large universe with (at a bare minimum) thousands of planets in it...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sicill

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Bengahl's notes.
Another idea would be posting some of Ariannia's history or mythology, though perhaps it would be best if they were basic summaries.
You can also expand the species profiles, such as the Scenari or others, and the cast profiles.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 25, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 25, 2009, 05:29:28 PM
Oh, that's easy.  Do a mini-arc with each page describing a planet and the sentient species that inhabit it in your universe.  If more than one sentient species inhabit the planet natively, then have more than one page.

Er.

Do you have any idea how many planets are in his universe? And how much work you're suggesting for each? Even if it's a half a dozen planets, you're talking weeks of work. And since I believe T has said he has a large universe with (at a bare minimum) thousands of planets in it...

In that case, how about just the species on the planet that Luke is currently on at this point in the story?  Or would that still be too much work?

I think it would be nice to give an overview of the different species on the planet Luke is on, what their level of tech is, how magically-oriented they are, what their culture is like, et cetera.

Icon by Sunblink

ShadesFox

Maybe daily life in some town on the planet. Maybe it gets blown up by Luke in the end.
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: Sicill on December 25, 2009, 07:56:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Bengahl's notes.

if anything, i wouldn't mind presenting it in a similar style to that, if a tad more refined..  :3
QuoteAnother idea would be posting some of Ariannia's history or mythology, though perhaps it would be best if they were basic summaries.
You can also expand the species profiles, such as the Scenari or others, and the cast profiles.

as for mythology? heheh, i've been discussing a certain mythological species with a certain ferret as of late.  :mwaha

overall, guys this is giving me a good idea on what folks would like to see, keep them coming.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..