DJ Hero

Started by Rakala, December 22, 2009, 01:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Well, I couldn't bring myself to buy this at all. I had to embarass myself in a Best Buy playing the demo. This game is AWFUL. I.... need to break this down aspect by aspect so that I can keep my thoughts in order

Gameplay: Complicated. On the DJ board "controller" you have about 4 buttons and you have to look in the tutorial to really understand what each does and even then you'll probably forget most of what you're doing. Three buttons on the disc seem to randomly determine what sound you make, spinning the disc lets you get a special "Rewind" power which moves the song back a few seconds, a trigger you have to keep pulling to make sure you continue to do the right sound effects, and one button I'm still not sure what it does. All of this you have to do while staring at a screen to know what you're supposed to do. It doesn't have the pick up and play ability of Guitar Hero and Rock Band which is fairly simple to figure out. Press the right buttons and strum, hit the colored pads, sing. I failed a song on Easy AFTER I played through the whole tutorial. I mean I started with normal on Guitar Hero, I don't know if that makes me a freak but that's not the point. Now the Rewind power? That's just awful. The song lasts longer and you have to replay certain parts.

Song selection: Truly awful. You can't pick any one song. They have multiple sets of two songs which are mixed together to make a non-flowing or even catchy tune. Great example is the first song they have you play. A mix of Daft Punk's Robot Rock and Queen's We Will Rock you, a combination which even as it was playing on screen didn't sound good to me. My mind literally rebeled to the concept of combining the two. The two playing the way they did came of as annoying, not cool.

Videos:Well, there's you, a couple of ravers twirling glowy.... things, sometimes a bouncer, and a bunch of people cheering the same way they do in Guitar Hero and Rock Band which doesn't make much sense because I though DJ's were supposed to play at parties where people dance with each other, not cheer on the DJ. Maybe I need to go to a dance club sometime to figure it out.

Over all? Terrible and confusing game. I might get this as a gift for somebody I hated. 0/5