5/12/09 [PF #89] Tree Party

Started by MT Hazard, December 05, 2009, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 07, 2009, 11:25:34 PM
And is Mika that amazon girl? I can't find her last name since FA's down. But if that is her, was she always a cubi?
Yes, that's her. Her last name is Whitespear. And no, she is a Cubi only here. :B

James StarRunner

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 07, 2009, 11:58:02 PM
Yes, that's her. Her last name is Whitespear. And no, she is a Cubi only here. :B
Ah, so it is her after all.
Hmm... I'm guessing you had to tone her down a lot. Had to make sure she didn't outgrow the rating?  >:3

Also, chicken drumstick guy for the win!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 08, 2009, 12:12:35 AM
Hmm... I'm guessing you had to tone her down a lot. Had to make sure she didn't outgrow the rating?  >:3
Nah, I just hid her under the blanket. :P

Also, chicken drumstick guy for the win!
That's Niall, actually. :P

James StarRunner

Heh, I don't know... If she had it her way, I'm sure certain bits would have obscured her face.

Ya, Niall. He wins. :P

Sofox

I found this comic utterly hilarious. Jakob's expression on the second to last panel gives it the perfect buildup. It's just a whole feeling of "Whaaa?"

ChaosMageX

I just wonder how Daryil stopped the people he teleported from getting seriously injured. I'm not just talking about dangerous things like driving or flying, but mundane things like jumping on a trampoline or traversing a flight of stairs.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 08, 2009, 05:32:36 PM
I just wonder how Daryil stopped the people he teleported from getting seriously injured. I'm not just talking about dangerous things like driving or flying, but mundane things like jumping on a trampoline or traversing a flight of stairs.

There's a certain amount of intelligence in the spell.  Note how it brought Niall, chicken and chair.  Or Ren's bed and his girlfriend (who may not necessarily be a clan Daryil member).  Or for that matter, that it teleported their clothes as well.  If anyone had been physically touching someone else, both of them would have been taken, Daryil clan or no.

FWIW, teleporting back is the tricky part.  If one of them had been on board a ship, or if someone else was standing where the guy is supposed to end up, the spell would do a 'best guess' attempt at returning them to the right location (i.e. it would not just dump them 30ft above the sea) or if it could not, simply bail out and leave them to make their own way back.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

I don't have much to say on the comic itself (I read the future history, so all this is really just "refresher" for me), though I must say, I think it's quite nice to see Mika getting a cameo... O:)

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: James StarRunner on December 08, 2009, 12:20:54 AM
Heh, I don't know... If she had it her way, I'm sure certain bits would have obscured her face.

Ya, Niall. He wins. :P

I need to find this girl's profile page when FA comes back up.

~has an idea as to whats being talked about~

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 08, 2009, 07:53:36 PM

Easy way; just check Ren Gaulen/Sigfried Nox's art gallery (of course, this is assuming you are already watching him) for a series of five drawings of the first page. They should be easy to find, they...stand out :P

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 08, 2009, 08:05:23 PM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 08, 2009, 07:53:36 PM

Easy way; just check Ren Gaulen/Sigfried Nox's art gallery (of course, this is assuming you are already watching him) for a series of five drawings of the first page. They should be easy to find, they...stand out :P

I'm not watching him now, but I more than likely will be once FA comes back up.

Pagan

Word to the wise, do not look up said pictures while at work or school.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Pagan on December 08, 2009, 10:23:15 PM

Kind of hard to do so when at work.  I drive dump trucks and crew trucks (work in the city street dept)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 08, 2009, 10:30:38 PM
Kind of hard to do so when at work.  I drive dump trucks and crew trucks (work in the city street dept)

Heh. "Why is that truck driving off the road?" ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on December 08, 2009, 12:16:51 AM
Nah, I just hid her under the blanket. :P

I think Ren hiding most of Mika under the covers makes sense than toning her down.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 09, 2009, 06:10:08 AM
Quote from: kusanagi-sama on December 08, 2009, 10:30:38 PM

Heh. "Why is that truck driving off the road?" ;-]

LOL.  Big reason why I don't text and drive, I never take my phone to work.

Tapewolf

No promises we'll be updating tonight.  If not, it'll be tomorrow...

EDIT:
Unless Ren is offline all weekend, in which case we'll have to see  :B
No, Ren is around, just busy.  However, we'll probably be updating tomorrow.

EDIT EDIT:

Ren was busy with RL so we've had to push it back another day.  Sorry folks.

Tapewolf

Okay, comic is up.  I hope you enjoy it, it has taken about 14 hours to do just on my end.

EDIT:
Alt. titles included:

Held for random
Making plans for Nigel
Fishes can't fly, fishes can't fly, fishes can't and neither can I, neither can I