12/05/09 [Xmas #2] - Sorry, Virginia...

Started by Daymond42, December 04, 2009, 11:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daymond42

I must admit, Deebs' expression change from panel 3 to panel 4 is flooring me each time I look at it.

Amber, I can only dream of conveying such emotion in so little. :)

Edit:
Psst. It's #2, not #1...
 -- llearch

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quick Amber! You must get to Taco Bell right away!
Or else the grocery store... and get a box of the good stuff.
mmm...  Old El Paso crunchy tacos~  *salivates* ^//-//^

Dangit Amber! Now I want tacos :<

More comic-related;

Jyrras, the only father to truly understand his own child?

Kenji

Only silly roo rats don't believe in Santa.

techmaster-glitch

Noooo! I can't stand Jyrras breaking Deeb's little gummy heart like this! :dface

Failcakes

Damn, Jyrras really DOES have all the answers.

GrifterMage

Jyrras, you heartless bastard! Have you no shame?

Wanderer

Ye gods, he's quick. Answered every question before she could even say anything to indicate what she's actually asking. Impressive.

Madmann135

Jyrras is fast with Deebs, he answered her questions before she was halfway through.  I want that skill.  

I will give bad points to Jyrras on how he crushed Deebs gummy little heart.  He could have broken it to her much more gently but at least he answered every question with a complete answer so I give him points for being thorough.

Jyrras gains major fatherly points for breaking it to her with a genuine 'I am sorry' look on his face instead of 'a matter of fact' look.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

techmaster-glitch

(I think someone named this thread wrong, it should be #2...)

Oh man, I don't think I'll ever be able to get over the lines in Panel 2...

*gasp* "You're on the naughty list?"
"No, I-"
"I'M ON THE NAUGHTY LIST?" :dface

xD

Reese Tora

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Artanis

Quote from: GrifterMage on December 05, 2009, 12:26:16 AM
Jyrras, you heartless bastard! Have you no shame?

Shame? Where's he's going he'll have no need for shame.

Why? Because is Santa is real. And Jyrras is indeed now on the naughty list.

Lego3400

I'm not even sure all the questions she was trying to ask O.o

Fex

Poor Deebs, Jyras destroys all the fun for her.

Baal Hadad

I suppose Jyrras is like Vizzini--he can't read minds but he can calculate the probability that certain things will be said and answer the questions that are most likely to come up, such that he can APPEAR to read minds....

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well, technically Deebs is more genetically connected to Jyrras than normal daughters (clone-ish?), so perhaps he can predict what she will ask based on his own opinions and the questions he himself asked as a child.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on December 05, 2009, 03:07:16 AM
Well, technically Deebs is more genetically connected to Jyrras than normal daughters (clone-ish?), so perhaps he can predict what she will ask based on his own opinions and the questions he himself asked as a child.

Maybe....  Although she certainly isn't "Jyrras"--and not just because she's a bunny, and a she....

Zedd

I'm sure he will be made to believe...soon or later

Omega

Jasonrevall

Doesn't Jyrras know that a good father daughter relationship is built on deception and lies? Nothing good will come from his truth telling and fact saying.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Baal Hadad on December 05, 2009, 03:22:02 AM
Maybe....  Although she certainly isn't "Jyrras"--and not just because she's a bunny, and a she....

Well that's silly. Think about it, Deebs is formed from gum with Jyrras's DNA in it and Mab's magic (yeesh, Mab with the illegitimate children :.). As such it is safe to say the "she" has no real gender or species.  She's gum, she can be whatever the heck she wants to be.  And count on Mab to have the most random outcomes anyway.

Scribbleykins

Someone's been through this before.

This comic is so full of d'aw.

bradypodidae

wuh? there's...there's no Santa? BWUUHUUHUUHUU....

December = tacos?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Timothy

The Roorat seems sad ... guess there is a story about his own christmas spirit taking a dent lurking in the back.  :<
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Timothy on December 05, 2009, 09:59:18 AM
The Roorat seems sad ... guess there is a story about his own christmas spirit taking a dent lurking in the back.  :<

What immediately springs to mind is that if you have six sisters you're not going to get much spent on you per head in terms of presents...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Scrap Fish

Hmm... Maybe, but his mom is an attorney, so there is a decent amount of income there to spend. I'm thinking perhaps the "sisters broke his teddybear" story.
Meh, I don't know. We'll just have to find out I guess.

Quote from: Artanis on December 05, 2009, 02:14:44 AM
Because is Santa is real. And Jyrras is indeed now on the naughty list.
OH SNAP. Time to try out some farming implements!

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Lucheek

....NOOOOO D:
It's not true! That's impossible!

Caswin

Much as I liked this comic... the first thing that leapt to my mind was something to the effect of, "There's a Tim Allen in Furrae?"

Then I realized this is a non-canon little Christmas, and even if Mab does show up in a tasteful Santa Claus outfit at the end, it won't have happened.  Great artwork in the last panel.
Quote from: Baal Hadad on December 05, 2009, 02:56:05 AM
I suppose Jyrras is like Vizzini--he can't read minds but he can calculate the probability that certain things will be said and answer the questions that are most likely to come up, such that he can APPEAR to read minds....
The moment I started really thinking about this, I got waaay too deep into thought before remembering, again, that emphasis on humor aside, it's explicitly non-canonical and Jyrras probably can't actually do that on a good day with someone he knows and is comfortable around.  Good book, though.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Netrogo

I gotta say, not liking Jyrass right now. I have a friend who pulled something similar on a small scale and ALMOST spoiled Santa for a mutual friends kids. Suffice to say he got barred from said friends house for the month of December and recieved a rough slug in the arm pretty much anytime the rest of us saw him. Followed by a reminder of how stupid his genius ass was.

Intelligent people, a message to you. If someone believes in Santa, regardless of age, let them. It's fun, it's harmless, let them. Yeesh.

Now I'm just hoping something bad happens to Jy in the next few comics, that'll make me feel better :mwaha
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Jasonrevall on December 05, 2009, 04:21:55 AM
Doesn't Jyrras know that a good father daughter relationship is built on deception and lies? Nothing good will come from his truth telling and fact saying.

My parents felt the opposite, they never let us be disillusioned by letting us believe in Santa or the other stuff like the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy.  I think I came out being quite normal, aside from the fact that I tend to be a rather boring person if you ever meet me in RL.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Omega on December 05, 2009, 04:09:34 AM
What did he say about Laplanders?!  D:<

Don't think I've heard of or seen that movie.