Chapter 2 - Dawnspire

Started by Turnsky, December 01, 2009, 05:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

thar you guys go, chapter cover..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

hapless

Awesome.
Doubly awesome, even.

<incoherent>
While Bengahl's definitely the "cool" part, (hmm... tho he's looking a bit... bored?), Luke's expression is the best part IMO. I might be completely wrong with interpreting it, but it looks to me like he just heard yet another world-changing information and sighed.
</incoherent>
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

ChaosMageX

I love Luke's expression as well.  Is that white dragon guy the cameo character?

Icon by Sunblink

Turnsky

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 01, 2009, 11:18:59 AM
I love Luke's expression as well.  Is that white dragon guy the cameo character?

nope

Chakat Blackspots

Yay!  New chapter start to an awesome comic.

Turnsky

and even the cover tells a little of the story.  :P

Kabbalist

Ooooh... It's shiny!   :boogie

I really don't have much more to say than that. The art is great, as usual, and I'm definitely on board with those praising the expressiveness of various characters, especially with regard to Luke's "oy..." face. Then again, after all he's been through so far, he's probably getting used to having his concept of reality change at a fundamental level every now and then.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kabbalist on December 03, 2009, 09:05:13 AM
Ooooh... It's shiny!   :boogie

I really don't have much more to say than that. The art is great, as usual, and I'm definitely on board with those praising the expressiveness of various characters, especially with regard to Luke's "oy..." face. Then again, after all he's been through so far, he's probably getting used to having his concept of reality change at a fundamental level every now and then.

there's gonna be far, far, far more than that this chapter.  >:3

let's just say that Bengahl's a far scarier individual than i've shown thus far.  :U

ShadesFox

Is it time for evil fox magic?
The All Purpose Fox

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Turnsky on December 03, 2009, 09:42:37 AM
there's gonna be far, far, far more than that this chapter.  >:3

let's just say that Bengahl's a far scarier individual than i've shown thus far.  :U

Considering the fact that he was the iconic god of an entire civilization, it was pretty much a given fact that he would be intimidating in some way.  This was also given from his relatively blase attitude towards Takahn killing all those slaves and that thief.

What I'm wondering is whether or not there is any chance at all of the other wendigos showing up in this chapter.

I mean, I've always been perplexed as to why you basically dumped about half the supporting cast after the end of Book I. :confused

Then again, I haven't read many comics before, and these drastic cast changes between major divisions in a story might actually be a fairly common thing.

Icon by Sunblink

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: ChaosMageX on December 03, 2009, 12:10:27 PM
--snip--
What I'm wondering is whether or not there is any chance at all of the other wendigos showing up in this chapter.

I mean, I've always been perplexed as to why you basically dumped about half the supporting cast after the end of Book I. :confused

Then again, I haven't read many comics before, and these drastic cast changes between major divisions in a story might actually be a fairly common thing.

I'm pretty sure there might be, considering we most likely saw Mary in an earlier strip here.

As for drastic cast change, it is a bit jarring.  Turnsky does have his reason for it, and they might show up later as the story evolves.

ShadesFox

Oh, can we let speculation run rampant?  I think they are on separate planets/moons.  This will mean some sort of interstellar trip.  Maybe some portals, some spelljammers, or good old high tech space ships.  And unicorns.
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on December 05, 2009, 12:09:12 AM
Oh, can we let speculation run rampant?  I think they are on separate planets/moons.  This will mean some sort of interstellar trip.  Maybe some portals, some spelljammers, or good old high tech space ships.  And unicorns.

Ariannia's roughly 9,459 miles worth of planet, lots of rock to be on, or under.. Azreghn is a big solar system, plenty of room..

and i haven't ruled out interplanetary stuff quite yet, either.  >:3

ShadesFox

What about unicorns?  Are they still in the mix?
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on December 05, 2009, 12:55:26 AM
What about unicorns?  Are they still in the mix?

potentially...

i've also entertained the thought of Fae being in foxfire, but only mentioned in lore and fairytales meant to scare children into line...

something about the nursery rhymes saying that the fae will wear their skin and cook their flesh if they go into the woods alone at night..  :mwaha

ShadesFox

I don't know, I've never liked things that are actually all powerful.  Asses that claim to be all powerful and no one can argue back because they aren't nearly as close to all powerful I can dig :3
The All Purpose Fox

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on December 05, 2009, 01:22:04 AM
I don't know, I've never liked things that are actually all powerful.  Asses that claim to be all powerful and no one can argue back because they aren't nearly as close to all powerful I can dig :3

that's the beauty of the thing, Bengahl isn't actually /all/ that powerful, in terms of Magical capability? he's about as powerful as any of the more capable Cubi on Ariannia (power-scale/crossover wise, Furrae's Fa'lina would more than likely kick his ass), while he's quite capable of fighting as per Thae'lith standards (magical melee combat, etc), his true capability comes from the fact he's a builder by family trade, for example his family built the golem, Adaras.
Bearing in mind that half the higher level tech you've seen off Ariannia (i.e: Earth) has either been built by, or designed by Bengahl.. and you see Bengahl for what he is..

as for the Bengahli treating him as a Messianic figure, simple explanation for that.. Y'see, when the thae'lith were initially exiled, they were picked up by another, hostile species (whom i haven't named), and enslaved.. in short order Bengahl led these exiles to freedom, victory, and, well.. xenocide. Any of the tech that Bengahl has used or created since then was based off what he learnt via reverse engineering, interrogation, and just plain knowledge-seeking.

oh, and for the curious; Even though bengahl spent some time in that orb, it wasn't always in Takahn's care, or gathering dust in the atlantean ruins.. that little orb passed quite a few hands on earth, so Bengahl actually knows a bit more about human society on earth than he lets on.

Chakat Blackspots

You know, it seems this comic is very well thought out and has alot of background information built into it than most other comics I've read, well at least most comics that don't involve furrae.

I guess it helps for the creator of the comic to have a very active and vivid imagination.

Zedd

I have to ask,how long did it take and how was your hand afterwords