11/08/09 [AS2 #77] - Rather Jarring

Started by Goatmon, November 09, 2009, 12:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

Seeing her so old really caught me off guard. I've never seen Amber draw a character old before.
I'm back, and tired.

Frigid

I bet she could make a mean batch of cookies  :mowcookie

...if she weren't so sick, of course.

Lego3400

Quote from: inuhanyo on November 09, 2009, 07:57:47 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 09, 2009, 10:02:39 AM
Quote from: Escher on November 09, 2009, 02:47:21 AM
It makes me wonder how Dan will take it once he realizes this.

see here and here.

It's interesting that Dan perceived the implications right off when Mab said "...you'll have centuries...".   Got the screaming over with early.   Though Dan is overreacting slightly, his mother and Mab are likely to be around for a long time.  And there is Azlan, at least an occasional comrade.

Part of it may be that Dan has a lot of friends.  Abel hasn't had a lot of friends,  and at this point in his life, the only remaining person he feels close to is his mom.  Kria clearly is trying to be there for him,  the question is how close he already feels towards her, and how close he's going to let her get.

There's also Lorenda. She's a demon (if only on her mother's side) and will likely live as long as one. Pyroduck is a dragon and equally long lived. Matida has already stated her kind live for quite a long time so she's around as well. Of the cast only Jy, Lexsi, and Merlitz are beings.  And Jy has enough money to extend his life (Both though money he could get though his mother and what he's made on his own)

inuhanyo

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 09, 2009, 10:23:14 PM
There's also Lorenda. She's a demon (if only on her mother's side) and will likely live as long as one. Pyroduck is a dragon and equally long lived. Matida has already stated her kind live for quite a long time so she's around as well. Of the cast only Jy, Lexsi, and Merlitz are beings.  And Jy has enough money to extend his life (Both though money he could get though his mother and what he's made on his own)

You left out Wildy-san.  And there are doubtless many non-cast Being friends Dan has.   Dan hadn't meet Matilda when that strip occurred, and I have doubts that he yet considers Pyroduck a friend.  Lorenda, yes I should have counted Lorenda.

oriana3k

Oh God.  That was me last month when I saw my mom for the last time.  Amber is spot on.  These latest strips hurt.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: oriana3k on November 09, 2009, 11:38:16 PM
Oh God.  That was me last month when I saw my mom for the last time.  Amber is spot on.  These latest strips hurt.

*hug*

Words fail.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

Woah, sympathy from the Box!? But in all seriousness, sorry about your loss. Not looking forward to the day I lose my mom myself. My dad can go straight to h e double hockey sticks.
I'm back, and tired.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 09, 2009, 10:23:14 PM
There's also Lorenda. She's a demon (if only on her mother's side) and will likely live as long as one. Pyroduck is a dragon and equally long lived.

Actually, Pyroduck is liable to outlive most of the cast, with the possible exception of Mab and Rose.  That's assuming no 'accidents' happens to him a'la Destania's Plan, of course.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E