6th of Nov. [PF Filler] Souls are BORING

Started by Sprocketsdance, November 06, 2009, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocketsdance

:giggle Nice save there.. with the picture and all  >:3

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

So... Jakob was a bit less discreet in his younger years?

Jack McSlay

Anyone asking that.... has obvioulsy not watched Red vs. Blue
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on November 06, 2009, 09:31:25 PM
So... Jakob was a bit less discreet in his younger years?
Actually he was doing that around 5-7 years before DMFA present day, trying to fit in with the likes of Devin, Edward or Dan himself.

In all honesty, Ren may have gone a bit overboard with the sexy.  I was kind of afraid he'd go completely mad like with the Kamill pic, though  :P

17:16:06 tapewolf: So the green part is what, the stock?
17:16:31 RenSGaulen: The thumb.
17:16:38 tapewolf: Oh sh*t.
17:18:52 tapewolf: I used a custom curve for the leather, it might not be easy to make
                  the new part match.  I'll try it, though.

17:26:15 RenSGaulen: Yep, looks good.
17:26:18 tapewolf: Cool.
17:26:37 tapewolf: I think you've made me gay for Jakob now, though :<
17:27:35 RenSGaulen: ...
17:27:53 RenSGaulen: Must.. not.. shoot tea out of nose..

(With apologies to Ren)

Sprocketsdance

XD!!!! 

And 'completely mad like with the Kamill pic"???? I didn't think I heard anyone complaining...  >:3
*ahem* Well for the sexiness factor of Jakob in this picture does seem mild (although... Pagan is right XD) I think it all comes from the look on his face though. Oh.. and because he's carrying a sword.. that's automatic sexy.

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on November 07, 2009, 07:43:46 AM
And 'completely mad like with the Kamill pic"???? I didn't think I heard anyone complaining...  >:3
Ah, but he's in SAIA where a muscular build and a translucent vest passes for relatively normal  :P

QuoteWell for the sexiness factor of Jakob in this picture does seem mild (although... Pagan is right XD) I think it all comes from the look on his face though.

Oh dear.  We were trying to do arrogant.

Sprocketsdance

Oh, the arrogant is there.. but I think that's what does it. :B Maybe he just needs more facial blemishes *nods*

Tapewolf

Quote from: wuffnpuff on November 07, 2009, 08:00:26 AM
Oh, the arrogant is there.. but I think that's what does it. :B Maybe he just needs more facial blemishes *nods*

Heh.  Well, I won't deny that the idea was to have him looking a bit more sexy than he normally does just for the hell of it.  For an incubus he's pretty plain looking and this was a chance for him to let his hair down a bit.

Sprocketsdance

\o/ It's always nice to see another side of a character that isn't usually seen. All in all this turned out really well ^_^

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2009, 08:21:37 AM
Quote from: wuffnpuff on November 07, 2009, 08:00:26 AM

Heh.  Well, I won't deny that the idea was to have him looking a bit more sexy than he normally does just for the hell of it.  For an incubus he's pretty plain looking and this was a chance for him to let his hair down a bit.

Hearing you say that Jakob is "plain" for an incubus reminds me of that joke in the recent Road to the Multiverse episode of Family Guy, where they visit the dimension where the Dark Ages never happened and plastic surgery has advanced.  Meg walks by looking super hot and Stewie says that in that dimension she's still considered one of the ugly ones, and if Brian had seen Lois he would have had to put his ***** in a wheelchair. XD  Am I assuming it's like that for cubi too then?

Also, I'm glad to know my questions about Joshua helped contribute to making this page a reality, but a lot of other people must have asked the same question.

The idea of a robot being able to develop a soul brings up an interesting story idea, in which a robot character of mine develops a soul and compassion for others, but then wants to get rid of it because it decreases its ability to operate efficiently.
So it goes around looking for ways to off itself without destroying its body, so that it can essentially "reboot" and resume operating at optimum efficiency again.  One of those ways is finding a cubi to eat its soul, of course. :mwaha

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 07, 2009, 01:20:32 PM
 Am I assuming it's like that for cubi too then?
From what Fa'Lina, Kria and a couple of other people have said in-comic, 'Cubi are naturally attractive-looking.  If we take DMFA 492 as accurate it can be implied that this happens about the time they come into power.  Dan isn't trying to be incubus-like, but he still counts as 'incubus-level hot' when Kria sees him (before Dan loses it, I must add).

QuoteAlso, I'm glad to know my questions about Joshua helped contribute to making this page a reality, but a lot of other people must have asked the same question.
I'm pretty sure there was at least one other person who asked that, but I can't remember who...

QuoteThe idea of a robot being able to develop a soul brings up an interesting story idea, in which a robot character of mine develops a soul and compassion for others, but then wants to get rid of it because it decreases its ability to operate efficiently.
So it goes around looking for ways to off itself without destroying its body, so that it can essentially "reboot" and resume operating at optimum efficiency again.  One of those ways is finding a cubi to eat its soul, of course. :mwaha

That may possibly corrupt the memory contents as well, we don't know enough about the principles behind it.  Interesting story idea, though.  I'm not a great fan of soul-eating so I'm not inclined to use to use it myself..

Tapewolf

No line-art yet, but it shouldn't be far off.  Fingers crossed I'll have the comic done late tonight or early tomorrow.
Part of this will depend on the guest-art but I'm not overly concerned there.

Madmann135

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 07, 2009, 01:20:32 PM
The idea of a robot being able to develop a soul brings up an interesting story idea, in which a robot character of mine develops a soul and compassion for others, but then wants to get rid of it because it decreases its ability to operate efficiently.

I have a character named AVA (all caps is out of habit, I was close to calling her Ada in memory of the Ada computer coding software (and Jehuty's battle AI) but I switched one letter and named her AVA for more originality).  If she was in the DMFA multiverse she would have developed a soul long ago and not cared one bit.
Her originator/creator would have said, "Why give her a humanoid body if she would not enjoy being human?"

I like how in Tapewolf's explanation about the DMFA multiverse of life and souls, how it doesn't matter how you originate but how you are built that grants you the ability to develop a soul.  It opens up the possibility that any self aware and complex system be it organic or not can develop a soul.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Okay, I have the main line-art but not the guest-art yet.  We're looking at a tomorrow strip at the earliest, it will depend how things go.  If it looks like it's going to stretch to Monday I'll put up some kind of temporary filler.

Sorry guys.

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 13, 2009, 04:53:32 PM
I like how in Tapewolf's explanation about the DMFA multiverse of life and souls, how it doesn't matter how you originate but how you are built that grants you the ability to develop a soul.  It opens up the possibility that any self aware and complex system be it organic or not can develop a soul.

Well, the way I see it, if people can have a soul (or indeed, a consciousness at all) then that means it's possible to have one and I don't see any reason it has to be the one and only way it can happen.