[POLL] After the current backstory...?

Started by Tapewolf, November 01, 2009, 07:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which backstory or CJP chapter would you like to see next?

Ashley's backstory
0 (0%)
Azrael's backstory
6 (28.6%)
Niall's backstory
2 (9.5%)
Dorcan's backstory
1 (4.8%)
Jakob's youth
1 (4.8%)
Jakob's adventuring career (final CJP arc)
5 (23.8%)
Malnemar's cult (Jakob backstory)
2 (9.5%)
Pizza Hovel (Jakob backstory)
4 (19%)
Other (please specify below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: November 30, 2009, 06:33:20 PM

Tapewolf

I don't have any real plans for what we're going to do when Strange Bedfellows finishes, however there are a number of possibilities.  I figure it would be best to make a poll and see what people would like, but before I do that, I just want to see if there are any ideas that I haven't taken into account.

I will probably add the poll to this thread when I'm ready.

The prospective list of possibilities is as follows.  Most of these are existing chapters from 'Chronicles of Jakob Pettersohn', some of them will require new material to be written.
Since the backstories are currently running at a fortnightly schedule, some of the more ambitious ones would last for a long time.

• Ashley's backstory - the key points in his life up to the DMFA present-day (clips from CJP, basically)

• Azrael's backstory - much of this would be new.  I would have to sit down and figure out what to include, I'm not sure I really want to do the 1960s Earth-based ones.

• Niall's backstory - this would be from CJP.  I'm not quite sure how much to cover, it would likely run from 1-3 chapters, so it's probably 12-24 pages.

• Jakob's adventuring career - This is one of my favourite arcs in CJP, but it runs for six chapters and by my estimates we're looking at around 48 pages, i.e. two years.  It would explain a character who is later referenced in PF, though he probably won't appear directly.

• Jakob and his father investigating a cult - this, again, is one of my favourites from CJP.  It's about three chapters, so probably around 24 pages.

• Pizza Hovel - this is the immediate followup to 'Walk in the Woods'.  Jakob was travelling to the aforementioned establishment to interview a master thief, but things get out of hand.  Again, this is probably about 24 pages.

• Jakob's early backstory - this would need some amending  and a certain amount of care to prevent it looking like a cheap Abel's Story knock-off.

• Dorcan's backstory - this, again, would look a bit like Abel's Story.  It would end at some point after his induction to SAIA.

Any comments?

I'm not intending to do Daryil's backstory or Keaton's.  Most of what you need to know about them should become clear over the course of the main strip  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Pagan

Azzie's backstory would be nice to see, I think.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

I'm really torn between Jakob's adventuring career and Jakob's early backstory. But then again, he is the main character of the main comic, so it might be a good idea to do a comic involving one of the less prominent characters. So I guess I'll just vote for Azrael's backstory to. :>

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

ChaosMageX

I vote for Azrael's Backstory!

Mostly because I can just read CJP to learn all the other backstories that interest me

EDIT: And I just noticed Pagan's vote, so that makes two of us.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Well, if no-one has a suggestion that's not on the list, I think I might go ahead and turn this into a poll.

Tapewolf

Okay guys, the poll is there if anyone wants to vote.

EDIT:  Oops, I spelled 'adventuring' wrong.

Tapewolf

If anyone is curious, the main picture in the current strip (86) is how Jakob is disguised in the 'Adventuring career' arc.

James StarRunner

What can I say? I'm an Azrael fanboy. *votes for the angel*