0 (0%)
 -
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Shadrok

Earlier today I had orientation at my new job, and while at orientation I drew one of my characters, Sidney, who I've not drawn in a while. I think the last time I've drawn her was back in 2000.

I drew the picture on the front of a 8" x 12" folder that I had at the moment. The drawing is about 4" x 2" in size.

At the time I created her I also created a male rabbit I named Sid. Both were named Sid for a reason, at the time I was not too sure of my drawing skill so Sid and Sidney were named S.I.D. (Still In Development).

Since then though I have grown more confident in my art, however over that time Sid and Sidney sort of fell to the way side as I drew other things.

Nikki

Awwwwww...she's so cute....

*looks at her failed Bunny Xze drawing* eesh..i such at rabbits XD

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Shadrok

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 26, 2006, 05:15:17 PM
Awwwwww...she's so cute....

*looks at her failed Bunny Xze drawing* eesh..i such at rabbits XD

:hug if you think yours are bad you should see my first attempt at rabbits.
Just imagine an early Naruto clone of Bugs Bunny. :simon

Tapewolf

How about teeth?  She's pretty rabbity as she is, but the teeth would clinch it, IMHO.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

Moments like these tell me that I should have been more creative with my nickname (I picked it before having Internet access... and before knowing that "Sid" is such a widespread name in the US, apparently! D:).

Aside from that, that's a wonderful drawing! How long did it take you to draw? o.o
:boogie

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2006, 05:30:57 PM
How about teeth?  She's pretty rabbity as she is, but the teeth would clinch it, IMHO.

If I decide to color it I'll likely fix things like that along with other things. For the most part it was just a doodle that I thought came out fairly well, especially to be done in under an hour and only using an ink pen.  I'm guessing it took about 20 min, I had three 10 min brakes that I worked on it in with one of the brakes having me eating while drawing.

As for Sid being populer in the US I don't know I've not met too many Sids mostly John's, Ed's, Frank's, Joe's, and Josh's for the most part.

Shadrok

Just a quick drawing I threw together in photoshop when I came home from my first day at work.

Tapewolf

The cans are a bit weird but the figure's nice.  Was that done with a digitizing tablet?

xHaZxMaTx

Cans = copy/paste and manipulated to give a sense of depth using the transform tool in Photoshop.

But the drawing itself is very well done, nice job. :cool

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadrok on August 10, 2006, 03:26:26 PM
I have plans to draw a picture like this with the historic look to it at some time but so far have yet to do so. It's not like I don't have the refferences to do one :)

What I find interesting about this particular picture (and please don't take this as a criticism, as it's just as true for likewise pictures of humans...) is that the critter in question is -perfectly groomed- - not a speck of dirt, dust, of mud on him. Or her, as the case may be.

Now, as I understand it, the folks who were doing the shooting at and being shot at back then tended to have little time to find clean water for drinking, let alone washing themselves off, and, as such, spent a lot of time looking and smelling a lot like the bush they were hiding in (and I can't blame them - if the other guys can't smell you, or see you, you can get the drop on them much better. :-)

Just another one of those things, I guess.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadrok

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 30, 2006, 05:31:55 PM
Quote from: Shadrok on August 10, 2006, 03:26:26 PM
I have plans to draw a picture like this with the historic look to it at some time but so far have yet to do so. It's not like I don't have the refferences to do one :)

What I find interesting about this particular picture (and please don't take this as a criticism, as it's just as true for likewise pictures of humans...) is that the critter in question is -perfectly groomed- - not a speck of dirt, dust, of mud on him. Or her, as the case may be.

Now, as I understand it, the folks who were doing the shooting at and being shot at back then tended to have little time to find clean water for drinking, let alone washing themselves off, and, as such, spent a lot of time looking and smelling a lot like the bush they were hiding in (and I can't blame them - if the other guys can't smell you, or see you, you can get the drop on them much better. :-)

Just another one of those things, I guess.

What I was talking about in the other person's pic is the accuracy of the gear and attire. As for him being too well groomed well we don't know how long he's been in the field, it could be a day or it could have been weeks. Also I think the British army in 1776 were fairly well groomed even though they were at war, they had time to keep their buttions polished and and for tea.

It's just an idea that I want to do, just basically make a pic that has accurate detail of something used in another time.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 30, 2006, 03:42:20 PM
The cans are a bit weird but the figure's nice.  Was that done with a digitizing tablet?

Yes it was made using a Wacom tablet, a Graphire 3 to be exact.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 30, 2006, 04:45:57 PM
Cans = copy/paste and manipulated to give a sense of depth using the transform tool in Photoshop.

yep that's what I did. It mite have turned out better if I had made the shelf in perspective then made the cans but I was lazy and just made them when I made the shelfs. Also you can tell where I work from the pic.

The good thing about the job is I'm making $8.50 an hour and so far have been working 9-5, the only thing I don't like is that I come home with my feet killing me from walking and standing of the day.

It's also part time but after 1,000 working hours I can apply for a promotetion to be full time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Shadrok on August 31, 2006, 12:58:16 AM
What I was talking about in the other person's pic is the accuracy of the gear and attire. As for him being too well groomed well we don't know how long he's been in the field, it could be a day or it could have been weeks. Also I think the British army in 1776 were fairly well groomed even though they were at war, they had time to keep their buttions polished and and for tea.

It's just an idea that I want to do, just basically make a pic that has accurate detail of something used in another time.

Ah, I see. Yes, the accuracy was impressive. Or, at least, the level of detail - I wasn't around back then to check on the accuracy :-)

LionHeart

Quote from: Shadrok on August 31, 2006, 12:58:16 AM

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 30, 2006, 03:42:20 PM

Yes it was made using a Wacom tablet, a Graphire 3 to be exact.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on August 30, 2006, 04:45:57 PM

yep that's what I did. It mite have turned out better if I had made the shelf in perspective then made the cans but I was lazy and just made them when I made the shelfs. Also you can tell where I work from the pic.

The cans do look a bit flat (and by that, I mean that they look like pictures of cans, pasted on to the back of the shelves). The rest is good, though.

Are you going to colour it?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Drake Manaweilder

hmm.. seems like theres something wrong with the legs... Can't place it though.

(edit: got it, it's the right leg, it looks too wide at the top)

Shadrok

Quote from: LionHeart on August 31, 2006, 10:29:24 AM
The cans do look a bit flat (and by that, I mean that they look like pictures of cans, pasted on to the back of the shelves). The rest is good, though.

Are you going to colour it?

At first I was but lost intrest, that and the number of mistakes that are in it didn't help. I may make another version though. That was only the first sketch for the idea usually takes several tries, although there are rare times I draw a nice pic the first time but most of them I have no idea what I'm drawing to begin with.

This however I think I will color. It's old but I still like it.

Also some info about my user name; Shadrok was not the first name I went by on the old DMFA forum, only the first that I posted under. The name use to be Shadroko but I thought it sounded to feminine with it's roko, so I dropped the o and made the name I use now.

The name wasn't all I changed as you can see in this pic of my second design for an (unused) avi of shadroko.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Awww, isn't she cute...

I mean.. Uh.. Oh, sh*t...

:-)

Shadrok

The boxes at work keep biting my fingers, and they have developed a taste for my left hand D:

So in responce I set it on fire  :mwaha

I have another idea that I plan to draw of a box but it won't be your average box.

*EDIT*
This is not llearch n'n'daCorna, I know they (he? she?... it :erk?) were just joking around with the roko comment.

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Zedd

Llearch...isnt that your uncle burning like hell I belive? *speaks like a ritzy person*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

.... aren't they stored in the box? :-)

GabrielsThoughts

love the box... reminds me of moses and the burning bush, only with a twist the box is filled with talking halmark cards that say "all your base are belong to us" and a thousand of them doing this at once would be very ...amusing
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Crap now we have a mellow and doggy sundae

Shadrok

I decided to color the Sidney sketch.

This Friday I'll be trying to work on some of the JP's wolves.

I would work on them during my brakes at work but every time I sit down to do it I can't. I end up drawing something else every time. :meh

I did do an interesting sketch of Kim though, I'll likely scan it in tonight and post it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on September 07, 2006, 10:53:31 AM
I decided to color the Sidney sketch.
This Friday I'll be trying to work on some of the JP's wolves.

Yes, it looks good.  Your efforts with the wolves are much appreciated too :)

Zedd

xHaZxMaTx

Oh it's a dress. :B  I thought she was wearing a T-shirt and a long skirt.