The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

hey, Daimien? If it's not too much trouble, could you put in exactly what Romulus tells the zetas? The exact information they get will determine how they react. Specifically, Burns requested to know about any defences, and if there are any other targets you deem important for a bombing, you call that shot as well.

EDIT: Gah. Can't respond and get Mother into the air until Daimien elaborates his post...

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 07, 2009, 02:14:10 PM
hey, Daimien? If it's not too much trouble, could you put in exactly what Romulus tells the zetas? The exact information they get will determine how they react. Specifically, Burns requested to know about any defences, and if there are any other targets you deem important for a bombing, you call that shot as well.

EDIT: Gah. Can't respond and get Mother into the air until Daimien elaborates his post...

You can assume that he was not able to make a target assessment before getting blasted out of his vantage point and is now too distracted to direct fire.  The Zetas would be allowed targets of opportunity in the case of ground forces being unable to direct. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Well, naturally, but Daimien said that he "relayed the situation to the zetas", I want to know the exact words. That will affect how the Zetas react. How much of the situation was Romulus able to relay before being shot at? That's what i want him to elaborate on.

Azlan

Quote from: Daimien on July 07, 2009, 01:48:21 PM

Once Romulus got far enough away he stopped and got on his radio and told the incoming Zetas what is going on. He then looked at Alex and clicked off his radio.

I am inclined to agree... I do not particularly like this type of shortcut.  It would appear that he basically reported what is going on with the teams, the attack on his position, the floating vixen, etc., but just did not want to bother to type it all out in conversation.

This is roleplay, however, and I don't really condone excessive use of lazy posting.  Let's try not to do this too much.

Lushin

Sorry about that. I'll edit the post to say what he saw. I was just drawing a blank that day for some reason.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

techmaster-glitch

ehh, still not what I was going for, but I suppose I can work with that.

EDIT: Also got the ordnance figured out, azlan. They'll have guided smart-bombs with bunker-buster/anti-building warheads, not actual self-propeled missiles this time.

EDIT EDIT: Alright. Since, as I've said in the past, I have read a battletech book and finally seen how fighter combat works for them (mainly that the armor actually -can- take hits, and they aren't as small as I thought), which appears to be roughly the same style you're using, let's see if I can get fighter combat right this time...

Azlan

Mother's scanners reveal the whole battlefield as well as those areas not embroiled in the fighting, such as the airfield and hangers.

This information is the most pertinent:

1. The Acadian Robots are beginning to overrun the pirates, even though the pirates are at around a 3 to 1 advantage.
2. The vixen is not Acadian, but she has a rather high power signature and a high technological reading (she has some type of extensive implants)
3. There is a fusion reactor in the basement of the Control Center
4. The jump jet is rather old, but it has the edge in agility over the aerospace fighters.
5. There is a cloaked object about the size of a shuttle near the farthest hanger.  The cloaking is advanced, but nearly as sophisticated as Acadian technology.
6. Someone is powering up a tank in the motorpool area (buildings closest to the base at the airfield).

The jump jet is a cross between a Mirage III (with forward canards) and a Yak-141.

The cannon on the tower is on an automatic attack routine, computer controlled.  Its sensors would not be able to "see" Mother unless she wanted them to.

Let me know any specifics that you might need

techmaster-glitch

Azlan: are there any friendlies near the tank that just showed up?

Azlan

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 12, 2009, 07:22:35 PM
Azlan: are there any friendlies near the tank that just showed up?

Negative, none.

Lisky

hey Shades, Knight asked about the pirate girl, and whether or not they should bring her on board.  It's Aaron's call i would think...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

ShadesFox

Because Aaron is Knight's mom or something D:<

Sorry, kidding aside your post was awkwardly worded, I didn't pick up that you were on the comm.  Bah.
The All Purpose Fox

Lisky

sorry... posting while distracted and haven't gone back and edited... lemme go and make it a bit clearer.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Azlan

This thread's required Open period is now in effect.

techmaster-glitch

Sorry for taking awhile to post guys, I didn't realize it was so long ago :<

Azlan

8) Comic Con, it is here and it is now.  I shall be out of things till Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Azlan

Just a notification: Due to the passing of my Grandmother, I will likely be out of contact with the internet from Monday August 17th through Thursday August 27th.  I will be traveling to the island of Kauai in Hawaii and I am not sure of my internet availability in these areas. 

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Azlan

Weapons and Armor

How the armor works and what the ratings mean:  Each armor has four ratings against damage types: Ballistic/Physical, Energy, Concussion/Explosive, and Chemical/Biological.  

Ballistic/Physical covers matter weapon damage such as pulse rifles, gauss rifles and needlers.  It also reflects the armor's resistance verse non-energy based melee weapons like vibro-swords, mono-whips and punches/kicks.  Special note: for a punch or kick to inflict real damage on personal armor, one would need to be considered exceptionally strong (enhanced alien race or such, none of the current characters are at this level), bionically augmented (cyborg), or augmented by a powersuit.  Otherwise a character can only inflict stun damage on the armored person.  

Energy covers all energy weapons such as lasers, plasma weapons, ion weapons, fusion weapons, etc., as well as energy explosives that do not derive their damage dealing properties from concussive forces (plasma grenades).  It also reflects the armors resistance verse radiation and heat.

Concussion/Explosive: covers all explosive damage as well as the armor's protection verse high velocity impacts such as a fighter crash, a fall, concussive sonic weapons, and its resistance verse explosives such as dynamite, C4, etc.

Chemical/Biological: this refers to gases, viral weapons, microbes, and other such weapons that involve inhalation or absorption through the skin/mucus membranes.  This also reflects the armor's sturdiness to a vacuum or its pressure rating for diving, or accidental diving as the case may be.

The ratings:  each armor and weapon has numerous ratings to cover what it protects against (armors) and what it can penetrate/damage (weapon).

Armor ratings:
Ultra-Heavy – highest level of protection.  Armors with this rating are neigh impenetrable.  Generally found only in the most advanced and heaviest of personal powersuits or powered armors.

Heavy – highest level of protection typically found on non-powered armor.  Armors with this protection level can take a lot of punishment before the person underneath is wounded.

Medium – standard level of protection.  Offers good, average protection and can take some punishment before being penetrated.

Light – a low level of armor protection, but it is better than nothing.  It can take some damage, but not a lot.

There are several classifications of armor types that one has to worry about when using character scale weapons.  Unless otherwise stated, if the armor class is not present on a weapon's armor penetration list, then it cannot affect damage to it.

Armor types:
Personal – character scale armor

Hardened – Covers structures, light vehicles, walls and most ship interior structure.  

Vehicle – This covers military vehicles, tanks, air fighters and most civilian mecha.

Mecha – Covers military combat mecha, most military utility mecha, aerospace fighters, some very heavy aircraft and ultra-heavy tanks/vehicles (on the low end of the spectrum) and light spacecraft (on the high end of the spectrum).

Capital – Covers military medium vessels all the way to dreadnaughts and battleships.  Only the most advanced hand weapons can scratch small medium spacecraft.

Advanced – Advanced alien technology, generally not applicable

Each weapon has a damage scale, armor penetration level listed for each first three levels (personal, hardened and vehicle).  Some highly advanced or powerful weapons can affect greater armor levels.  A weapon inflicts damage on an armor level equivalent to its damage capacity (see below) and penetrates armor one class less with damage reduction (example: High damage capacity verse Medium armor), or completely penetrates an armor two classes less without reduction.  Damage that penetrates inflicts damage to the character underneath.

Weapon damage scale:
Extreme – very high damage capacity, can affect Ultra-Heavy armor rating.

High – excellent damage capacity, can affect Heavy armor ratings.

Medium – average damage capacity, can affect Medium armor ratings.

Low – weak damage capacity, can affect Light armor ratings.

Please note that these are not hard statistical models, but role-playing gauges to measure what's going on in combat during one's storytelling/narration.  This is the basics of how it operates and what generally happens when a certain protective level meets a certain damage level.  If there is ever a question, do not hesitate to ask.

Reposting of current armor and weapons with some of the newer things listed for clarification.

Armor

Marine Combat Powersuit
Armor Level:
•   Heavy Ballistic/Physical
•   Medium Energy
•   Medium Concussion/Explosive
•   Heavy Chemical/Biological

Equipment:
Full environmental suite with air scrubbers
Recyclers
Maneuvering thrusters
Magnetic boots
recharger units
Internal microcomputer
Full Sensor suite
Full communications suite

Special Forces Infiltrator Armor
Armor Level:
•   Medium Ballistic/Physical
•   Medium Energy
•   Light Concussion/Explosive
•   Light Chemical/Biological

Equipment:
Full environmental suite
Air filters/basic recyclers
Internal microcomputer
Advanced Sensor suite
Advanced Tactical Computer system
Optical Camouflage
Basic communications suite
Optional Tactical communications suite

Standard Infantry Armor
Armor Level:
•   Medium Energy
•   Light Chemical/Biological

Equipment:
Basic environmental suite
Internal microcomputer
Basic Sensor suite
Basic Tactical Computer system
Optional Tactical communications suite
Optional Advanced Sensor suite

Basic Personal Armor
Armor Level:
•   Light Ballistic/Physical
•   Light Energy
•   Null Chemical/Biological

Equipment:
Internal microcomputer
Optional Basic Sensor suite
Optional Basic Tactical Computer system
Optional Basic communications suite
Optional Basic Environmental suite (adds Chemical/Biological rating of Light)

Basic Flight Armor
Armor Level:
•   Light Energy

Equipment:
Full environmental suite with air scrubbers
Recyclers
Built-in micro-thrusters
Internal microcomputer
Mind-wire vehicle link unit
Optional Basic Sensor suite
Optional Basic communications suite

ISIS Advanced Tactical Armor
Armor Level: Considered Hardened Armor
•   Medium Ballistic/Physical
•   Medium Energy
•   Medium Chemical/Biological

Equipment:
Full environmental suite
Internal microcomputer
Advanced Sensor suite
Optical Camouflage
Tactical communications suite

"Old" Light Acadian Battle Armor
Armor Level: Considered Hardened Armor
•   Heavy Energy
•   Heavy Concussion/Explosive

Equipment:
Full environmental suite
Full Air filters/recyclers
Internal microcomputer
Advanced Sensor suite
Optical Camouflage

"New" Light Acadian Battle Armor
Armor Level: Considered Vehicle armor
•   Light Energy
•   Medium Chemical/Biological

Equipment:
Full environmental suite
Full Air filters/recyclers
Internal microcomputer
Advanced Sensor suite
Optical Camouflage

Weapons

M-74 pulse rifle
Type: matter
Caliber/Cartridge: 10mm caseless, contained gyrojet short rounds
Capacity: 30 round clip
Mode: Single shot, burst and fully-automatic
Muzzle velocity: ~2900 m/s
Firing Characteristic: "missile"
Effective range: Medium
Armor Penetration: medium verse personal armor, low against hardened armors, null against vehicle armors

P-68 pulse laser rifle
Type: laser
Capacity: 200
Mode: single shot, burst and fully-automatic
Firing Characteristic: Laser
Effective range: Long
Armor Penetration: High against personal armor, medium against hardened armors, low against vehicle armors

MS-80 heavy sniper rifle
Caliber/Cartridge: .50 caseless projectile
Capacity: 12 round clip
Mode: Single shot, semiautomatic
Muzzle velocity: ~1500 m/s
Firing Characteristic: Dart
Armor Penetration: High against personal armor and hardened armor, medium against vehicle armors

L-4 anti-vehicle laser rifle
Type: laser
Capacity: 250
Mode: single shot, 3-shot pulse burst
Effective range: Extreme
Armor Penetration: Extreme against personal armor, High against hardened armors, High against vehicle armors

PR-12 plasma rifle
Type: plasma
Capacity: 40 shot E-clip
Mode: Single shot and pulse burst
Firing Characteristic: Bolt
Armor Penetration: High verse personal armor, medium against hardened armors, low against vehicle armors

SP-4 Standard Combat Pistol
Caliber/Cartridge: 10mm caseless
Capacity: 15 round clip
Mode: Single shot, semi-automatic
Muzzle velocity: ~450 m/s
Armor Penetration: Low verse personal armor, null against hardened armors, null against vehicle armors

LP-2B Laser Pistol
Type: Laser
Capacity: 20
Mode: Single shot and 3-shot pulse burst
Armor Penetration: medium verse personal armor, low against hardened armors, low against vehicle armors

PP-14B Plasma Pistol
Type: Plasma
Capacity: 12 shot E-clip
Armor Penetration: medium verse personal armor, low against hardened armors, null against vehicle armors

AS-1A Automatic Shotgun
Caliber/Cartridge: 12-gauge
Capacity: 12-round detachable box magazine or
   24-round drum magazine
Mode: Single shot, semi-automatic and fully automatic
Muzzle velocity: ~350 m/s
Effective range: Short
Armor Penetration: Medium verse personal armor, null against hardened armors, null against vehicle armors

DZ-1GFD Acadian Arms Standard Ion Rifle
Type: Ion
Capacity: 60
Armor Penetration: Extreme verse personal armor, Extreme against hardened armors, High against vehicle armors, Medium against mecha armor, Low verse capital armor

LZ-2NM Acadian Arms Standard Ion Pistol
Type: Ion
Capacity: 30
Armor Penetration: High verse personal armor, High against hardened armors, Medium against vehicle armors, Low against mecha armor, Null verse capital armor

XF-256A Acadian Royal Long Arms High Output Fusion Pistol
Type: Fusion
Capacity: 500
Mode: Singe shot, semi-automatic, and fully automatic
Firing Characteristics: Gravitic enhanced Bolt
Armor Penetration: Extreme verse personal armor, Extreme against hardened armors, Extreme against vehicle armors, High against mecha armor, Low verse capital armor, Low verse advanced armor

GR-53A Light Gauss Rifle
Caliber/Cartridge: N/A
Capacity: 10-round detachable box magazine or
   20-round drum magazine
Mode: Single shot
Muzzle velocity: ~4350 m/s
Armor Penetration: High verse personal armor, High against hardened armors, Medium against vehicle armors, Low against mecha armor

Azlan

Keeping in line with my tradition of double-posting...

Alright, we just need to do a wrap up to cleanup this little engagement and move on to the next objectives.

I just need those involved to put the final touches on what they are doing.  I will summarize and bring the group to the point where they have to decide what to do next.  This will be where you can find out why Ana is here and determine what you are going to do about investigating Matron.

Azlan

Opening a new tradition of triple posting, I just wanted to let you all know that the fox is sick and things will be delayed a bit.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Would you like me to post in order to break your triples, in the future? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShadesFox

C-c-c-combo breaker!

Get well soon fuzzy.

Edit:
And just because I just thought of it... FOX FLU!
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 20, 2009, 08:10:03 AM
Would you like me to post in order to break your triples, in the future? ;-]

I was trying for a high post combo... 52 post, powered up, with a special.  Victory!

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 20, 2009, 10:57:56 AM

Edit:
And just because I just thought of it... FOX FLU!

Ehehehehe... fever make that fuuuunnnnyyy.  Dun know if it is or not.

Lisky

Hope you feel better man. take care of yourself first, we'll be here when you're feeling better

ShadesFox

Best idea ever, call all your friends and ask them.  Just say, "FOX FLU!"  Then ask if it was funny.  They will NOT thing you are crazy for it.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 20, 2009, 11:45:35 PM
Best idea ever, call all your friends and ask them.  Just say, "FOX FLU!"  Then ask if it was funny.  They will NOT thing you are crazy for it.

The phone got taken away from me :(

Prof B Hunnydew

GOddesss!   Foxy,  I didnt know you had the flu.... Please take care, and get well soon..   PBH

Azlan

ShadesFox

That is fortunate.  Ever get your phone back?
The All Purpose Fox